Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Long versions of pants would be cool. I have a lot of their stuff so if there's somewhere xtrpickles would like feedback sent I can do that too.

Or I just need to learn how to sew and modifiy my clothes. or have someone do that.
    This is currently a conversation. I'll add this to it.

Carl- Noted

VTSkiBum- Specialized has a patent re. the hangy-bit so no-can-do.

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Amfib tights showed up yesterday. The picture on the website says that the model was 6'2" and 195 lbs and wearing a medium. I'm 6' and 195 pounds so figured a large should be fine. It was not. These are going back for XLs and I'm hoping those are going to be big enough.

Seth

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Can I ask: Length or Thigh Girth?
    I hope you noted in your reason for returns. This info gets reported back to the product team and helps guide changes in the future.

Count my vote for long lengths in pants too.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Can I ask: Length or Thigh Girth?
    I hope you noted in your reason for returns. This info gets reported back to the product team and helps guide changes in the future.
    Girth in the thighs. Probably would have been fine pre-XP training. ;-) Pretty sure length would have been okay but not positive. I have about a 34" inseam.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    You're out. Penance required to rejoin society.
    I'll try to make sure to post pics of my short socks as much as possible. Hopefully that will get me back in.

I've got some Raceface mt bike pants I wear over my jeans on cold or shitty days. They're roomy enough to run pads under so they go on and off over my shoes and have room for thunder thighs. I added a second snap position on the bottom cuff so they wouldn't catch in my chain (then I went and got a belt driven bike). The only issue I've found is that when it's pissing rain the rain runs down and fills my shoes. I've got some cordura kicking around and I'm thinking I might sew a shoe cap to the bottom of them. Maybe make it zip on/off?
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Specialized has a patent re. the hangy-bit so no-can-do.
    Sew them so they hang loose, and then attach them with an easy removable/cut strip that will allow them to hang free.
    It's worth the chance, not like Specialized have ever sued another bike company.....

I too had to move up to XL's due to thigh girth that is not uncommon though as i often have to

Quote Originally Posted by sethschmautz View Post
    Girth in the thighs. Probably would have been fine pre-XP training. ;-) Pretty sure length would have been okay but not positive. I have about a 34" inseam.

Bumping this as I’ve put a few trail rides on the Sporthill XC pants. Admit I don’t love the look, especially the pleated seam don the center, but for rides in the 25-35* range they’re fantastic. Kinda over faffing about with leg warmers. Cooler than my AmFib (not lite) pants, but those are a bit too much for me in that temp range anyway.

Thanks for heads up, we’ll worth the sale price!

Not a pants question, but moving lower down the leg to shoe covers and hoping Pickels can chime in..

Looking at the Izumi Amfib Shoe Covers and the PRO Barrier WxB MTB Covers. Wondering if the Amfibs will play nice with treaded shoes and mtn cleats and if so, which of the two models is warmer. Waterproofing is not a major concern as these would be for road/gravel down to the 30s and if its wet in those temps, I won't heading out.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Bumping this as I’ve put a few trail rides on the Sporthill XC pants. Admit I don’t love the look, especially the pleated seam don the center, but for rides in the 25-35* range they’re fantastic. Kinda over faffing about with leg warmers. Cooler than my AmFib (not lite) pants, but those are a bit too much for me in that temp range anyway.

I agree that the 1950s worsted wool Bogner pant look is outdated, but whenever I see another person wearing them, I never notice the standing seam so they must look better on than they do on a hanger.

I used them last night during heavy wet snowfall and noticed my legs feeling quite damp and chilled. Other than that I have been quite pleased- I think next time i think it might snow hard .
    I'll go AM-FIB

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post