Best online diamond/jewelry store?

Looking for a good place to buy my wife some earrings. It seems the store fronts tack on about 100% compared to the online retailers like Blue Nile. Any mags bought jewelry from there?
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

We got my wedding band from Blue Nile, easy transaction all around, huge discount compared to anyone nearby. I think is a 6mm platinum band. Would recommend!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Just diamond studs or more finished pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Just diamond studs or more finished pieces?
    Studs. .75-1ct each.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

You can buy 2ct. total weight rounds for $1500 or $15K. Depends upon what you are looking for. Most woman would be just as happy and not know the difference. Be careful though. It is easy to be taken for a ride. The Hasids in NY control the industry, so I would start there.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Studs. .75-1ct each.

I'd just do Whiteflash if you're pure diamond, Brilliant Earth if conflict free is important. Both have diamond searchers with all the things you need. Pricescope if you want to nerd out on what you should care about diamond-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I'd just do Whiteflash if you're pure diamond, Brilliant Earth if conflict free is important. Both have diamond searchers with all the things you need. Pricescope if you want to nerd out on what you should care about diamond-wise.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    You can buy 2ct. total weight rounds for $1500 or $15K. Depends upon what you are looking for. Most woman would be just as happy and not know the difference. Be careful though. It is easy to be taken for a ride. The Hasids in NY control the industry, so I would start there.
    Yep. It's pretty intimidating. The stores give me that used car dealer vibe...

Just insist on a GIA Cert.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I know many who swear by this guy... https://www.ihatestevensinger.com/

They like to haggle. I was gonna suggest perhaps bartering for 5K off a Roller, but they all drive
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1998-00_Toyota_Sienna.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	393700

I echo Schindler on GIA. Not much additional cost for peace of mind. When she loses one like my wife did, the GIA cert guarantees that insurance pays for the same quality.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I got a guy on 47th Street, happy to steer you there if you come to Manhattan

Just insist on a GIA Cert.
    this is wat initially sent us to this guy ^ there are some sketchy dudes on that block.

That's why the online marketplaces are pretty solid. The diamond I got from there for the engagement ring (I got from Whiteflash) had all the docs/certs/measures and even the jeweler called it out as a stunning cut.

If you aren't hung up on it, lab grown are also great as they're perfect, just won't be worth shit compared to other rocks (if that matters). I also recommend getting one with light flourescence, as while it shows up on scopes and in UV light (will glow blue faintly), you can't see it and you get a decent discount compared to 100% clear ones.

Ooh nice gift, Bobby.
    Not as many simple studs, but my husband has gotten me a couple jewelry pieces from Sundance over the years and my wedding ring came from here as well.
    https://www.sundancecatalog.com
    skid luxury

Whiteflash x2.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I did the Blue Nile thing for studded earrings, similar size, and my girlfriend was not impressed. I ended returning them. The only thing that works for me is to bring her to the store and let her pick them out.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Ooh nice gift, Bobby.
    Not as many simple studs, but my husband has gotten me a couple jewelry pieces from Sundance over the years and my wedding ring came from here as well.
    https://www.sundancecatalog.com
    Sundance has a lot of cool stuff jewelry-wise. We're also lucky to have a few local artisan galleries that always have really great work.

I went with Brilliant Earth. Turns out they were having a pre Black Friday sale and I got another pair of diamond earrings for free (.16ct tw). I guess Ill sport the free pair. Should be a good look.

Thanks!

Heh

Bobby stainless and used car dealer vibe. Lol.

Side story. Bought diamond studs for my wife decades ago. Local trusted hometown jeweler. Didn’t even live there. But they’re trusted.

Five years after that the appraisal sucks. Many flaws.
    Fuck diamonds. It’s a shit business. Who cares.
    Zirconia for the win.
    . . .

Years back I bought my wife some diamond stud earrings. Started at Zales at the mall and ended up at the long established local store. The difference was amazing. Zales diamonds looked like ice cubes compared to the high quality sparkly ones I ended up getting at a reputable store. Bottom line is that "diamond" is a generic word like "skis," and as we know, they ain't all the same. Wherever you buy make damn sure you know what you are getting, which is hard to do on line.
    Gravity Junkie

Yep, and some local stores are great while others look to sell suboptimal diamonds for higher $$$ as you can't tell without a loupe/knowing diamonds.
    I was stunned how much more brilliant a super ideal cut was over normal ones.

White flash +3