Swede looking for ski buddies in SoCal

I recently moved from Sweden to Santa Barbara for a year to finish up my master’s in Mechanical Engineering. It’s great here with the sun and surfing and everything BUT skiing is my life and I really long for winter (which my roommate has a hard time understanding).

I am looking for ski buddies in SoCal who are up for weekend trips, day trips, full weeks, anything really. My goal is to get as much skiing in as possible without flunking all of my classes. Hopefully 30+ days over the season.

I have no car, and basically no gear since all of it is left in Sweden. I was planning to send it over, but can’t risk it being stuck in customs half of the season… should have brought it with me, but I already had too many bags. Benefit of hindsight I guess. What I DO have is an IKON pass, a pair of used touring boots that I recently got w/o ever trying them on (my boot fitter back home would kill me) and a fuck ton of stoke.

I ski everything and everywhere, moguls, bumps, groomers, ice, pow, trees, even try to hit the park sometimes. I have worked as an instructor back home for a total of three seasons and love to ski gates if the opportunity arises.

Please help a confused swede out.

no reply???

Epic troll.

No gear. At all.
    Wants thirty days this year.

But he has ikonic ski pass.

Winning!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sebgh View Post
    ]I recently moved from Sweden to Santa Barbara for a year to finish up my master’s in Mechanical Engineering. It’s great here with the sun and surfing and everything BUT skiing is my life and I really long for winter (which my roommate has a hard time understanding).

I am looking for ski buddies in SoCal who are up for weekend trips, day trips, full weeks, anything really. My goal is to get as much skiing in as possible without flunking all of my classes. Hopefully 30+ days over the season.

I have no car, and basically no gear since all of it is left in Sweden. I was planning to send it over, but can’t risk it being stuck in customs half of the season… should have brought it with me, but I already had too many bags. Benefit of hindsight I guess. What I DO have is an IKON pass, a pair of used touring boots that I recently got w/o ever trying them on (my boot fitter back home would kill me) and a fuck ton of stoke.

I ski everything and everywhere, moguls, bumps, groomers, ice, pow, trees, even try to hit the park sometimes. I have worked as an instructor back home for a total of three seasons and love to ski gates if the opportunity arises.

Please help a confused swede out.

[/COLOR]
    . . .

Best work you have done, this online website is really cool with great facts.