Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Vail is funny blacking out Thanksgiving weekend to local pass holders. Like locals really give two shits about skiing the WROD in Nov. It is mind boggling what the powers that be over there are thinking.
    Oh yeah, Vail just announced that PCMR will not be opening prior to Thanksgiving weekend this year. SMFH
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Vail is funny blacking out Thanksgiving weekend to local pass holders. Like locals really give two shits about skiing the WROD in Nov. It is mind boggling what the powers that be over there are thinking.
    Oh yeah, Vail just announced that PCMR will not be opening prior to Thanksgiving weekend this year. SMFH
    Vail is only blacked out to the Epic Local pass, and most actual Vail, CO locals have the full Epic Pass and aren't blacked out.

But, you really mean Vail Resorts. Not Vail.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Am I really the only one who doesn't know what WROD is?!
    Yes. Yes, you are.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m not super excited about the WROD this year. An early season blues confession.

I blame Harry for guilting me into it.

But glad I did. Getting out on snow is ALWAYS the right choice. Thanks mags.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4157.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	393424
    Last edited by EWG; 11-20-2021 at 04:23 PM.

Hope those are rock skis
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Am I really the only one who doesn't know what WROD is? Something Something Opening Day? World Record Opening Day?!

Edit Winter Resort Opening Day?!
    Keep tryin’

Woke Ripper On Drugs
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Hope those are rock skis
    Silly goose, all skis are rock skis...that is their destiny once they leave the factory.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

NICE. Glad I could help.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Am I really the only one who doesn't know what WROD is? Something Something Opening Day? World Record Opening Day?!

Edit Winter Resort Opening Day?!
    Hint: like WKRP in Cincinnati.

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

World
    Keypunch
    Replacement
    Program

huh ?

... G' night- skiJ

I was pretty pumped to get out to Mammoth earlier this month - got one day of storm skiing in and one day that was bluebird and soft. Haven't gotten out since, and looks like it may be a few more weeks before I do, but worth the wait for fresh snow.

Seriously, it's the maggot radio station:

https://www.radio.net/s/wrod
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Name:	IMG_4157.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	393424
    That doesn't look like snow. Should be another name for it.

Not chasing the WROD yet. Thought about heading down to Mammoth on Saturday to get a few turns, but decide to tour or bike instead. I don't mind a WROD, but waiting in line to ride a lift and ski a WROD I'm not really into. Tho, Mammy actually has a few feet of actual snow coverage, so it would be more than a WROD< but it most likely will be a crowd being the only game in CA right now. If KW had their WROD open, I'd certainly walk down from the house and put in a few laps each day. As it is now, I wish we were staying home for Thanksgiving and surfing and biking instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That doesn't look like snow. Should be another name for it.
    Scree + snow = scrow

Its about 50, cloudless right now and no real winds. The big storms dropped nothing to speak of in the valley so time to go for a walk outside and scare some deer.

New 6 Pack/latest and greatest opens on Thursday and with no other skiing options around here it seems like a good day to let others really load test that fucker. People will have fun.

Good day to go for a walk in the hills with skis on the feet.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I've taken the skis for a walk a couple times now. I'd rather walk with skis on my pack then ride a WROD any day of the year. The local area started running on Saturday but you have to ride a six pack up, ride down to a two seater with two short open runs, then download back down the main lift when you're done at the end of the day. To each their own... but I'll never get the excitement to wait in line to ride one run of man-made snow when you can go for a walk instead.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walking.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	393625   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skiing.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	393626  

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I've taken the skis for a walk a couple times now. I'd rather walk with skis on my pack then ride a WROD any day of the year. The local area started running on Saturday but you have to ride a six pack up, ride down to a two seater with two short open runs, then download back down the main lift when you're done at the end of the day. To each their own... but I'll never get the excitement to wait in line to ride one run of man-made snow when you can go for a walk instead.
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Fuck this negative talk, I am out skiing today and I am STOKED AS FUCK about it. I’m having a blast today.

More pics in the Midwest STOKE thread.

Attachment 393381

Learn to tele.
    Makes Midwest skiing more fun.

Not that you aren’t having fun. But after I started skiing real mountains I went tele to enjoy the hills of Wisconsin.

Ymmv
    . . .

I used to love some WROD skiing back east. The snow would start out firm in the morning. I’d often bring a pair of slalom skis and rip off a few laps to start feeling edges then switch to some skinny all mountain sticks and carve some turns. Then once a bump run got setup on one side and the snow starting warming up ski some mini bumps until your legs were shot.

Also, because there were so few mountains open and everyone was on one run you always ended up running into people you knew.

Not something I’d do every day but such a good warmup / start.

Name:	IMG_1402.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.92 MB 
ID:	394310Attachment 394299

Pretty much making laps for exercise and that appears to be the case for the next week.

I’m not super excited about the WROD this year. An early season blues confession.

Not looking to get better anytime soon. But still channeling Harry and getting out here and being pumped about it.

Name:	IMG_4215.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	254.0 KB 
ID:	394368

Also, we may have forgotten the W and the R part.

^^^ where the fuck is that?
    Steamboat?

Not looking to get better anytime soon. But still channeling Harry and getting out here and being pumped about it.

Name:	IMG_4215.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	254.0 KB 
ID:	394368

Also, we may have forgotten the W and the R part.
    who has right of way, bikers or skiers?