Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

14. Seriously. 14

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

“Is that the biggest cliff you’ve ever hucked?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

Total confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Amazing. Really makes an impression when they show his baby face.

even take out that monster huck and that is still a killer video. really good stuff.

That diving board cliff (with a two-stage take-off!!!) was un-fucking-real. Oh yeah the rest was good too.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Wow. Just imagine what he might be doing in 4-5 years once he's a little bigger and his legs are stronger. And that cliff - holy shit.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Kai was the highlight of a pretty damn good TGR film. This kid is going places quick. What's left to do when he is already skiing at the level of top adults pros at the age of 14?!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wow. Just imagine what he might be doing in 4-5 years once he's a little bigger and his legs are stronger. And that cliff - holy shit.
    Agreed - However in the front of my mind is Pettit, as the style is similar. However we're not seeing much from Sean these days for a multitude of reasons. So hopefully, Kai stays healthy and stoked for a long career.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Pettit was tired of being scared all the time and not having fun anymore because of it. Which, you can't blame him.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I dunno. He flails his arms a bit.

Yeah, and I've done that opening scene tomahawk years ago. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Kai was the highlight of a pretty damn good TGR film. This kid is going places quick. What's left to do when he is already skiing at the level of top adults pros at the age of 14?!
    This. I went to a showing in NYC and reviewed it for NYSB and ended up meeting the Jones at the end too. In person he is just a normal kid- reminded me of my own 15 year old. On screen he was a monster. No fear and great presence- definitely held his own with the adults. Very impressive. I meant to start a thread to share the review but personal stuff has been occupying my brain this week. Here it is in case anyone’s interested:
    https://nyskiblog.com/tgr-stoke-the-fire/#more-69102

Pettit was tired of being scared all the time and not having fun anymore because of it. Which, you can't blame him.
    Shits all good when youre 13, 14, 15, 16 and you bounce. But after a few injuries or big crashes that feeling of invincibility starts wearing off and hucking meat like you used to as a teen might stop being so "fun" in the traditional sense of the word... especially as everything you do land gets compared to how big you went at a younger age. The feeling of conquering a fear is different than the feeling of pure fun. Cant blame Sean, i am actively trying to chase the pure fun aspects now instead of trying to conquer my fear or do things i am puckered before and during, but stoked on afterwards.

Really fun to watch Kai now, and Sean back then though.

Effin A. That huck.

Rally Car Racing?
    Rampage?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That kid is gonna need a wheelbarrow once his balls drop.

Tele ski

Cool thing is he'll stay 11 forever.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

wasn´t petit run over by a unmanned skidoo with a snowboard on it....???

but the flick is insane. those backies reminded me of seth.

i think he is on top of his game and nobody knows how long he can keep his form. most likely until a long time... but shaun white got bored and then got good at another sport.

look at the racers you don't blame anybody not wanting to ski gates for 20years.

so kai shall go as long he can and wants. and fucking enjoy it as much as he can!!!!
    i was never good at any sport and enjoyed it ..... so what

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    This. I went to a showing in NYC and reviewed it for NYSB and ended up meeting the Jones at the end too. In person he is just a normal kid- reminded me of my own 15 year old. On screen he was a monster. No fear and great presence- definitely held his own with the adults. Very impressive. I meant to start a thread to share the review but personal stuff has been occupying my brain this week. Here it is in case anyone’s interested:
    https://nyskiblog.com/tgr-stoke-the-fire/#more-69102
    Nice writeup and nice touch giving out a cold one coming in and then whiskey tasting. Our ski club sponsored a WM showing for a couple of years before the COVID BS, but not as fancy as that.

Stomp the cliffs he hits? Kids got a unique level of talent for sure, but that's what separates someone like Hugo, Hoji, Eder, Candide, Reine or Ian from the rest, imo. (Kuch is up there too, I think?) And... it'll help with the longevity too... knowing what you can stomp and in what conditions.

Hard to do that without adult levels of muscle though

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Stomp the cliffs he hits? Kids got a unique level of talent for sure, but that's what separates someone like Hugo, Hoji, Eder, Reine or Ian from the rest, imo. (Kuch is up there too, I think?) And... it'll help with the longevity too... knowing what you can stomp and in what conditions.
    Umm...... this is literally a 14 year old child, his brain and body is super underdeveloped compared to an adult let alone he doesn't have the muscles of a seasoned mature professional athlete. What he's doing is nothing short of pure excellence. The future is wide open for this kid and he's going to blow everyones minds over the next bunch of years as he matures.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Umm...... this is literally a 14 year old child, his brain and body is super underdeveloped compared to an adult let alone the muscles of a seasoned mature professional athlete. The future is wide open for this kid and he's going to blow everyones minds over the next bunch of years as he matures.
    Someone asked where he goes from here... I answered.

And that he's skiing at the level of adult pros... he's not.

Like I said, it likely takes adult muscle to get there. He's top of his game for his age, but he's not at the top level yet. Excited to watch him develop for sure.

Kinda get the feeling he's pushing himself too hard to go too big, too soon. Let the strength and skills develop over time, of which he has plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Yeah, and I've done that opening scene tomahawk years ago. Meh.
    Yeah and he barely missed tomahawking into a fairly big tree on that crash.
    People vs tree doesn't end well for people normally....ask me how I know