Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    wet snow at sea level in Squamish this morning...

Nature always does what it wants. Man thinks it can tame Mother Nature, then man gets ass kicked by Mother Nature. Man keeps getting its ass kicked and has yet to learn. One day big bad Mother Nature is going to kick Man in the ass so hard, he will stay down.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Nature always does what it wants. Man thinks it can tame Mother Nature, then man gets ass kicked by Mother Nature. Man keeps getting its ass kicked and has yet to learn. One day big bad Mother Nature is going to kick Man in the ass so hard, he will stay down.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

the mayor of Abbotsford is talking about 1 billion in damage

more rain on the way soon apparently
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    People freaking out in the grocery stores up here in the Okanagan. Good thing I can steal TP from work.
    Crazy how this exposes our reliance on the Fraser Valley for food. At save on foods, literally the only produce left was a few organic lemons. Milk and egg fridge is completely empty. In order to make my daughter her birthday breakfast, had to drive to relatives to borrow a couple of eggs. Had to use chocolate milk for the French toast ha.

Travel here in BC this winter will be crazier than usual

Got DAMN.

Jesus that's insane. Vibes to all effected.

Destination fuct

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I got stuck on the coast. Almost made it through the 99 but it slid before I got over the Duffey. :O Glad I didn't leave an hour earlier, sad I didn't leave 3 hours earlier...

Ended up going through the US. Beautiful drive. Canada has issued an exemption to the PCR testing for those returning to their usual place of residence. US still requires 2 x Vaxx for entry. Word is they will be dropping the testing requirement for trips under 72 hours any day now. The cross border outlet stores in Blaine better brace themselves!

Some of the best pics I've seen: https://www.facebook.com/wildairphot...33940783316025

Interesting data on the Fraser river flow/level , you can change the time period if you want. Its funny as the actual river level does go higher so actual; Fraser is not in flood but certainly Vedder Canal was. Came down supper fast though water in Abottsford not so much.

https://wateroffice.ec.gc.ca/report/...&y2Max=&y2Min=
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Was in Delta on Tuesday. Had planned to come across 3 on Monday. Thankfully my covid test results were not ready. Came up through Bellingham instead. Few detours on 5 but open. Frazier river was in the backyard of business I went to.fortunately the dike was tall enough. Sad to see all the damage. Travel is going to be tough for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the mayor of Abbotsford is talking about 1 billion in damage

more rain on the way soon apparently
    That's like $50US, right? :P

I'm aware that there are already planning-level communications amongst some of the larger engineering and disaster response/recovery firms in North America.

X

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9041.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	825.6 KB 
ID:	393251

Talk about rubbing salt into the wound!

powdork - interesting. There a part 2 as well. It's a total fail on the part of government actors. First, after years of preparation and planing there's still no plan. Second, it only considers sea level rise and Fraser river flooding. There's no consideration for a huge mother-f**ing rain event.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Gas rationing, some of those highways open with restrictions on who can use them,

Safeway was strangely silent last night nothing to buy so no customers, i did see 1 pack of tiolet paper but not much else, i hear food truck were suposed to have made it in

a total of 4 bodies recovered and 1 still missing

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    powdork - interesting. There a part 2 as well. It's a total fail on the part of government actors. First, after years of preparation and planing there's still no plan. Second, it only considers sea level rise and Fraser river flooding. There's no consideration for a huge mother-f**ing rain event.
    Yup. Only worry is Spring flooding I guess.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Dog View Post
    Just think if BC hadn't protected the farm land from housing development with the ALR system. Almost all the houses in Abbotsford are up on the hill with new houses carved out the rock on sumas mnt.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Just think if BC hadn't protected the farm land from housing development with the ALR system. Almost all the houses in Abbotsford are up on the hill with new houses carved out the rock on sumas mnt.
    A lot of those houses were under an evacuation order because the slopes were becoming saturated and unstable.

The real reason for the flooding in Abbotsford is slowly coming out - the Nooksack River (in Washington) overflowed. The overflow ends up in the Sumas River and flows north into Canada. Once upon a time there was a Sumas Lake which was drained the 1920s. A pumping station can deal with the normal Sumas River flow but not the Nooksack overflow.
    Last edited by Snow Dog; 11-20-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

maybe |I'm missing something but looks to be hwy south under evac?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The only place I have seen mention of this. Is this thread on TGR

Best of luck. It looks nasty

Around here the “New”. Is not news. Just politics
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Got DAMN.
    Need dam. Will pay top dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    The only place I have seen mention of this. Is this thread on TGR

Best of luck. It looks nasty

Around here the “New”. Is not news. Just politics
    Price of lumber is already climbing in NA do to flooding with rail lines being washed out.