Dynafit Binding Bolt Pattern- Did it change ? 1 to 2

I have a pair of Dynafit Stokes to sell and I was wondering if, as they have prefitted binding holes, would they fit the new 2.0 dyna radical binding or all dynafit bindings?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    I have a pair of Dynafit Stokes to sell and I was wondering if, as they have prefitted binding holes, would they fit the new 2.0 dyna radical binding or all dynafit bindings?
    Nope, this is a good resource though https://skimo.co/tech-binding-hole-patterns

shit, so a very limited market, give them away??
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Seems reasonable. Or donate it to the ski swap next November.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Used to work on those skis a fair bit. Silly idea and one of the few dynafit skis I didn't enjoy, but if I remember right, the four hole radical pattern works fine, you just have one mounting point on the toes. I've also installed other bindings on the skis as long as they aren't too close to the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Used to work on those skis a fair bit. Silly idea and one of the few dynafit skis I didn't enjoy, but if I remember right, the four hole radical pattern works fine, you just have one mounting point on the toes. I've also installed other bindings on the skis as long as they aren't too close to the holes.
    yeah IME if you like pressuring your ski tips a lot to turn you won't like the Stoke cuz it doesnt do much, the way to turn a Stoke was by pretending you are scuffing some shit off the inside of your shoe, it is a soft light ski and it does break trail well,

I have a pair of Stokes with Rad 1's, those inserts don't go small enough for a size 24 boot so I had to figure out where the boot center was cuz they didnt put it on the ski. By using a larger boot which would work with the inserts I figured out that BC looked to be the "made in austria" script on the ski , so on the toes I used 2 inserts / put 2 screws directly into the ski and I was able to use the 4 inserts for the heelpiece

If you don't have any screwhole/ insert conflicts there should be no problem not using the inserts or only half the inserts, I did and nobody died

I also had Verticals on the Stoke ski and the 4 holes were the same as on the RAD1 I just put the 5th middle screw into wood , not sure about the pattern of a Rad1 vs a Rad2

Rad 1 was a shitty binding
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Way to sour my attempts to sell these skis. Next your going to make fun of the Megawatts that I would love to sell.

strictly distributing useful info on care and feeding of the Stoke

I got a lot of other skis for hard pack but I actualy have a lot of days walking around on my stokes,

Ze the local guide was heard to say " it breaks trail well and I break a lot of trail "

Your skis should still fit the Speed Radical binding which doesn't use the rotating toe of the newer Radical 2 (Rotation) ST and FTs.

I also disagree with XXXer that Rad 1 was a bad binding. It had some growing pains with broken heels towers but otherwise is basically functionally equivalent to the current Speed Radical. I never used them as I don't use brakes but I find Speed Radicals to work great.

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    I also disagree with XXXer that Rad 1 was a bad binding..
    When you were "skiing them trees" you have obviously never had the top peel off a Rad 1 to end up spooning a tree when it splode's or your opinion might be same as mine, my buddy broke one, the local guide has broken several, I know another guide who has broken 6, and they all broke just walking along.

The binding broke because of the poorly designed heel lifter that has no support when the flippy lifters are deployed so the screws holding it all together break or pull-out and the Heel piece explodes on the down

Also some of the screws broke cuz they sucked ( the black painted screws ) , also a pin in the base of the heel piece would break the housing, there were about 6 things that dynafit took 5 yrs to acknowledge, you could find it all in this forum if you wanted

OTOH the model before RAD 1 the Vertical ST or FT which do have a lifter tower were flawless and I still have 2 pair

anybody still using a RAD1 should make sure those top plate screws haven't pulled out and the whole fucking thing is just waiting to fail on them, you don't really want to put a torx bit on the screws to tighten them you just want to check if its loose, also look out for the screws which are painted black cuz they break, the grey screws are the better ones

Is it raining in here?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

aqua seal is yer friend if yer all wet

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    Way to sour my attempts to sell these skis. Next your going to make fun of the Megawatts that I would love to sell.
    Ha, no worries. And the Megawatts... only good for decorations, especially the carbon ones. But since I may be in the Golden area this weekend, what version and size? Interested!

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Ha, no worries. And the Megawatts... only good for decorations, especially the carbon ones. But since I may be in the Golden area this weekend, what version and size? Interested!
    not carbon ones , 188cm actually I liked the megawatts to ski fun , skied short, just killed my knee in the skin track, the Stokes ok ski not fun in powder. I would if a pair of bindings came along supper cheap with 120 brakes mount them up . But I don't need a another pair that I don't use.

Yea, have some megawatts. great powder ski. Was looking for a carbon version multiple pow laps on deep days.

Do I hear $50? ???? 60 40