Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lange Heritage Series Purple Haze

Building on the return of the Pink Panther from two years ago.
    It's the return of the 1995 XR9.
    The boot is built on the RX130LV platform again, with a 140 flex.
    Anybody else in the club?

jummo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34288E8E-1022-4B20-B0E2-9547855B150B.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	622.2 KB 
ID:	392344

#holyshit that is awesome.

I’m trying to be in the club. We will see

Click. Point. Chute.

waxman?

Fuck, I'm still trying to get into the pink panther club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Fuck, I'm still trying to get into the pink panther club.
    That ship sailed two years ago. That time and now, there was a run of 200 pair. Or so I'm told. The boots are almost entirely allocated before they were built. I did see a few pairs of the pink boots shown on an Italian website, but in very limited size/quantity.

I skied the Pink Panther for general skiing around the mountain, the last two seasons and it's been great.
    And of course, chicks dig it!

The Purple Haze is the same platform, but with the XR9 graphic.

One really cool aspect is you can see the dual core injection, as the plastics are slightly different pigments.
    Or one of them changes color slightly during the process, or they did it on purpose.

That Thor guy is pretty smart.

jummo

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    That ship sailed two years ago. That time and now, there was a run of 200 pair. Or so I'm told. The boots are almost entirely allocated before they were built. I did see a few pairs of the pink boots shown on an Italian website, but in very limited size/quantity.

I skied the Pink Panther for general skiing around the mountain, the last two seasons and it's been great.
    And of course, chicks dig it!

The Purple Haze is the same platform, but with the XR9 graphic.

One really cool aspect is you can see the dual core injection, as the plastics are slightly different pigments.
    Or one of them changes color slightly during the process, or they did it on purpose.

That Thor guy is pretty smart.

jummo
    We worked with them on the Pink Panther release, if you saw the video before they had to take it down, we supplied them with almost half of the boots in the video and thanked in the credits.

I skied the XRI's for a while then with new boots getting released, they were moved to the archives and part of our museum. The Purple Haze were scheduled to get released last year but of course, due to covid, they were put on the back burner and didn't make it out of the warehouse. I was hoping for a Tii (yellow) or a XL1000 but Tecnica is considered the "orange" boot now.
    Click. Point. Chute.

I'm completely with you on tii yellow.

jummo

The Banshee translucent green color would be cool. With a wide last like 103 with an average heel. And a 130ish flex. Got any pull?

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    The Banshee translucent green color would be cool. With a wide last like 103 with an average heel. And a 130ish flex. Got any pull?
    I would expect they'll be contacting you.

But don't quit your day job.

jummo

A bit...we did get them to bring back the Pivot 15. I don't see them being about to do the translucent with the Dualcore construction. I also don't see then doing a second boot from the same year, along with being a step down. The Purple Haze boot was the XR9, the Banshee was the XR8 Banshee, so pretty unlikely and even less of a chance of doing a Heritage boot off of the LX platform.
    Click. Point. Chute.

I more just like the color better. And my feet are fat now.

I more just like the color better. And my feet are fat now.
    I had a pair of Banshees in my rotation in 95 and yeah, it was a cool looking boot. The Purple Haze was not my first (or second) choice but Tor pulled it off, it looks really good.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Still love to find a pair of 27.5 pink panthers

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

This is the first Lange where the dual core injection is visible, other than the sales sample, as far as I know.
    The concept is simple, some parts of the boot should be stiffer and add power and rebound, and other parts should be flexible and compliant.
    Many brands try to accomplish this with molding different pieces of different plastics together in key areas.
    This works but the different materials behave differently and don't have a homogeneous feel to them
    With the dual core process, it is all the same polyether but in different densities. Some areas are stiffer, some are softer but it is all the same type of plastic in one piece.
    Sure that's he corporate pitch, and no I don't work for them, but I do work with and ski in many of their boots.
    Anyway, it's a good illustration of the concept.

Name:	0B439D91-BF29-4CF1-9F51-FF5FC90CC567.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	924.1 KB 
ID:	392863

Name:	A8E38B44-2D65-44E2-B306-BF6853518C5B.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	984.6 KB 
ID:	392864

Sweet. What makes these 140 flex? Stiffer stock liner?

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Sweet. What makes these 140 flex? Stiffer stock liner?
    Well, there is the number on the box for sure.. The boot is stiffer than an RX130LV or an RS 130 in side by side flexing. But it is not as stiff as a ZB race plug which is also a "140".

jummo

Had a pair show up today. They feel stiffer than the Pink Panther. Liners are really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Had a pair show up today. They feel stiffer than the Pink Panther. Liners are really nice.
    I wanted to pick up a pair, but I don't think they made them in 29.5. Largest I saw was 28.5. They look so good!

We've put some days on them and the boots are awesome. The flex is legit, we had to chop down mrs. jummo's pair a bit as she was bouncing off the front in terrain. Great arcing groomers on smart skis though.
    I agree they might be stiffer than the pink boots, but they were not lacking.

Because there's only 200 pair and we have two, apparently we are those 1% ers you keep hearing about.
    I find this interesting because I spend much of the winter working with them, and we don't have a jet or personal assistants or any of that .

Of course, they don't have these boots!

jummo

Anyone have a pair of 25.5s they want to get rid of? Or pink panthers?

Will also take 27.5s

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    Well, there is the number on the box for sure.. The boot is stiffer than an RX130LV or an RS 130 in side by side flexing. But it is not as stiff as a ZB race plug which is also a "140".

jummo
    The RS 130 & 140 were/are the same shell but the 140 liner had a stiffer tongue (and overall better liner). I understand the RX9 has an altogether different liner with "removable race tongue", but I haven't seen it nor had my foot in one.

Anyway it's interesting that the XR9 has replaceable / GW compatible soles which seems to indicate that its likely an RX chassis and not RS?

I understand that Lange has a few pair of the XR9 left but only in small sizes so you may be in luck.
    Who cares how the crow flies

Skied these today, they’re supposed to be stiffer than the RS130, but to me they are way too soft.
    Sigh, back to my plugs…

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Skied these today, they’re supposed to be stiffer than the RS130, but to me they are way too soft.
    Sigh, back to my plugs…
    Only carpet tested em, but yah, they’re not stiff. RS140 a little better. After a week in GP130s, decided to grab a Krypton backup, just in case the new ones suck.