Page 22 of 66 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Good God. Donation made

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

That sucks Tye! I’ll be happy to donate!

Donation sent. Please be well!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    That sucks Tye! I’ll be happy to donate!
    Thanks you guys, really appreciate it. Mike's not a mag but sure acts like it, at 65 still does the Paintbrush loop in a day and an annual spring traverse over Hurricane Pass, and i'm 100% sure mags have talked to him on 25 Short/Mav/etc. and/or climbing in the summer.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Thanks you guys, really appreciate it. Mike's not a mag but sure acts like it, at 65 still does the Paintbrush loop in a day and an annual spring traverse over Hurricane Pass, and i'm 100% sure mags have talked to him on 25 Short/Mav/etc. and/or climbing in the summer.
    Jeez.... sounds like they knew the skier who was responsible. I'm not a litigious person but assume this situation is ripe for it, eh?

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

Wow. Sorry Tye. Vibes to her and family. So sad and completely avoidable.
    30 is not very fast and to be in a tuck plus skiing that close to someone is unacceptable.
    I like to ski very fast and will tuck but never around people. Always come out of a crouch and start shutting things down to reasonable people avoidance speed and never ski close to anyone. Feck!
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 01-12-2022 at 08:01 PM.

omg that is f'ing terrible- like a bad car accident. Donation headed Rose's way

ugh Do they know who the collider is? That person needs to take some accountability, to put it mildly
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    omg that is f'ing terrible- like a bad car accident. Donation headed Rose's way

ugh Do they know who the collider is? That person needs to take some accountability, to put it mildly
    The party involved stopped at the scene of the collision and followed patrol back to the base area.

Thank you tye for sharing that. Donated

Not unrelated, we skied at Targhee on Jan 2nd and saw a couple people straight lining the groomer directly lookers left of blackfoot, not just once either. One close call witnessed. Those dudes were easily going 50-60+ mph out of control. That’s scary shit.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    I think you might be missing the point of that rink, though.... people shouldn't be going top shelf (and firing it out of the rink routinely).

I've never seen a puck come close to hitting a car in my years playing there, but I guess ya never know!
    Totally understand that point of view and don’t necessarily disagree, but I won’t lie it’s pretty fun to let em rip when there’s no one else around.

In my experience stick and puck sessions can be a bit sketchy when you’ve got people out there that don’t know not to skate behind the net, or don’t look up before they do skate behind, and other people unloading shots without making sure there’s no one down range. To some extent I can see a net turning it into a bit of that, which is definitely undesirable.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Totally understand that point of view and don’t necessarily disagree, but I won’t lie it’s pretty fun to let em rip when there’s no one else around.

In my experience stick and puck sessions can be a bit sketchy when you’ve got people out there that don’t know not to skate behind the net, or don’t look up before they do skate behind, and other people unloading shots without making sure there’s no one down range. To some extent I can see a net turning it into a bit of that, which is definitely undesirable.
    The reason I stopped playing rec hockey was it seemed like the less training/coaching people had, the more they want to launch uncontrolled slapshots, check (improperly), etc.... The irony was that with good players I could play with less padding/no faceshield....

If you want to launch slapshots and are can't keep them in the rink, maybe fire them at the south end of the rink? :-)

Love that rink....

I lived next to that rink for six years and we are talking about a problem that doesn’t exist in my experience.

Unless you are talking about the maintenance guys at 530 am, that struggle was real.

I think Schwerty started it

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

JFC, man that is sad and just wrong; skiing really shouldn't be a blood sport.

I like to ski fast but control is everything. Ev-ree-thing. I've reeled myself in since my knee surgery and still find the edge of control sooner than before.

Vibes to Ms. Rose.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Quick and the Dead shindig starts in a coupla weeks and I sure hope to see some of you lurking, under the radar mags. Just walk up and ask for change, it'll all be good from there. We'll be partying most evenings in town so please feel free to join in with us. Pm me for directions to the Waxroom.

Skiing has been good but the high pressure can move along any time now, yes?

It's been quite a treat for me this past week as I had the pleasure to meet and make some turns with Truckee Joe and his bud, Hutash and LBskier, and I briefly met Bobcat Sig. Hope to turn with the latter mags today again.

It's always cool and interesting to meet the peeps behind the avatars. Mags always prove out to be cool.

At 8:05 on a beautifully clear day in JH, there's a total of about 7 people in all of the liftlines combined.
    Fkna.

I'll definitely be bringing my skates next time I come out. Thanks for the good times everyone. These last 2 weeks were fantastic. The town and people here were great and I can't wait to come back. Glad I got a full cycle while here. Both in and out the gates had plenty to offer. Big thanks to Djongo for showing us some of his favorite runs and for taking time to share some brews. The crowds seemed mellow, the dog loved his local activities, and snow was great. Couldn't have asked for a better WY experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Tram half capacity due to electricity issue. bummer this keeps happening

Sue's Roos recently told us that they didn't want our old Subaru because "Nobody drives stick anymore, and nobody tele's. So if you know anyone looking for a pretty rough but very affordable valley car, we'd much rather hand this thing off to some knee dropping dirt bag than sell on Facebook. Even has snow tires on separate rims because we're fancy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Sue's Roos recently told us that they didn't want our old Subaru because "Nobody drives stick anymore, and nobody tele's. So if you know anyone looking for a pretty rough but very affordable valley car, we'd much rather hand this thing off to some knee dropping dirt bag than sell on Facebook. Even has snow tires on separate rims because we're fancy like that.
    How old? And have the head gaskets been replaced?

How do you know telemarking is dead? Some true old school pins and leathers friends of mine finally went to the darkside. They took two big totes of tele boot and bindings and put in out in front of the GMD. Nobody took it and the totes filled up with snow. We went back a couple days later to sweeten the pot and put a few PBRs in the bottom with a note saying you must take everything. At the end of the day, the PBRs were gone but the equipment remained. So we grabbed the totes, stopped in town for a couple burritos and then headed to the West Desert and proceeded to blow it all to smithereens. That is now know as the day telemarking officially died.

Been finding some soft turns the last few days:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A5314-3.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	401181

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-83-2.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	401182

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    I think Schwerty started it

Dude go east on a brother! My Wife already blames me for everything that goes wrong. maybe a pass day this wknd?

DJ - I haven’t been to the village…like at all outside of a few laps. Been skiing just not at the village. Went up at mkt close today and forgot my damn pass. Rookie move. I’ll be skiing after the blackout wknd and will make as many appearances as I can at the rendezvous.

Hey Schwerty I even unpacked my hikng stuff but have family in town and we'll be at the resort. Maybe next week?

Had a great few turns with Djongo this week, bummed we didn't hook up for turns yesterday. I had some great storm days here last week, and enjoyed the mostly bluebird days this week. The mountain was pretty skied out yesterday, though no doubt some of you know some stashed. Got some good turns on Green River Wednesday, and skinned Mavericks Thursday for some creamy goodness, with only one group of tracks from another group preceding us. Did a Rock Springs lap to end the day yesterday which was pretty crap (not unexpected), but a good way to close out the trip. Might boot Glory today, but to be honest my old legs are rather spent and could use a break. I drop off LBski at SLC tomorrow, then slowly work my way home after at LCC and BCC stop, then likely a few days in Mammoth to reorient myself to California skiing.

Sorry we didn't meet up b-bear, but I will be around town this afternoon if you are out and about. I also hope to make Moose hockey again tonight. I enjoy the 6-4 victory, but the 5% masking rate was pretty scary in an indoor arena with everybody screaming and yelling. I am not surprised the county infection rate is sky rocketing.

That's for sharing your little corner of paradise.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post

Sorry we didn't meet up b-bear, but I will be around town this afternoon if you are out and about. I also hope to make Moose hockey again tonight. I enjoy the 6-4 victory, but the 5% masking rate was pretty scary in an indoor arena with everybody screaming and yelling. I am not surprised the county infection rate is sky rocketing.

That's for sharing your little corner of paradise.
    sad to have missed you too.
    I tested positive for the ‘rona this week so have been stuck at home ☹️
    My first bout with getting it and I am already basically better but stuck here for at least a few more days until I can get a neg test.
    Hopefully we see you this summer!!
    skid luxury

Awww Babybear sorry to hear. Hope the Rona leaves you unscathed.

@Hutash did you and your buddy run into 4 ladies up at the top of Maverick on Thursday? That was us... we ski together every Thursday, more or less. Two of us have been backcountry skiing in the Tetons since the 80s, and the other two since the 90s.