Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    First day back on the boards was a blast.
    Intended on bebopping up chairs and testing all the unused muscles and joints but I just couldn't bear to walk past the walk-on tram.
    Did 3 tram laps to start the year, all walk/run ons. Bowl is skiing well with carvy chalky bumps that only require a lil' speed check as the bumps grow at the bottom.

Caught up with lindenle and made multi laps mid mountain before an end of day box and a chill sesh at the summit.
    12 laps, 26kvert over 22 miles, hitting mid 50's at the lower GV rollers.
    Great first day back.

Will be hunting ya down here soon Truckee Joe.
    Would like to connect with Hutash too, will Pm you my #.

Looks like some fresh soon, here's hoping.

Out of curiosity... how are the Hobacks currently?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Out of curiosity... how are the Hobacks currently?
    Mostly covered, few weeds hanging out down low. Kinda chundery engage the core skiing right now imvho but prime for some dumpage

Welcome Back DJ! Got a lunchtime goodie speed run and tram lap. Sweetness

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    are you guys just skiing the next couple days? skied today but am working the next 4 days- rats!
    love skiing with your gang. maybe I can catch the Mr & Mrs Hutash this w/e?
    I just rolled into town this PM and will be on the hill tomorrow and Wednesday before heading to BS and Bozeman, but will be back Sunday.

Babt Bear, sorry I won't get to make turns with you, but put me on your dance card next week. Maybe drinks with you and the hubby tomorrow or Wednesday?

Let's fine some art time next week as well.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Mostly covered, few weeds hanging out down low. Kinda chundery engage the core skiing right now imvho but prime for some dumpage

Welcome Back DJ! Got a lunchtime goodie speed run and tram lap. Sweetness

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Yeah - was mostly curious if the willows at the bottom were mostly covered.

Everyone I know on the TV side is either sick or has a housemate or significant other who is sick. How is the JH side shaking out?

I've been laid up in bed since Saturday AM. I tested negative for covid as of Saturday. I guess maybe there is something else going around, but so many people that I know have tested positive in the past week. All covid cases that I'm personally aware of are breakthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Everyone I know on the TV side is either sick or has a housemate or significant other who is sick. How is the JH side shaking out?

I've been laid up in bed since Saturday AM. I tested negative for covid as of Saturday. I guess maybe there is something else going around, but so many people that I know have tested positive in the past week. All covid cases that I'm personally aware of are breakthrough.
    The new numbers show 44 new cases on the Idaho side since 12-30. Dashboard shows 12 ICU beds in Idaho this pm. Don't get hurt.

Backcountry warriors: I did a pit today at 9000ft n/ne. The quick books version : I Had to hammer pretty hard to get results @ CT38 but then a very clean shear at 104cm depth and the column popped out like it was on wheels. Did a second Compression test and the 7' column failed on facets on the ground at about the same # of hits. My take: there is a huge slab sitting on very poor structure at that aspect 8500-9500 ft. it takes a lot to make it fail but if you hit the right spot (likely a thin one) and get failure you will be in a shit storm of biblical proportions. Elimination of the n-ne aspects or staying under 30 degrees on those will go a long way towards keeping you alive until it goes away. None of this is news if you check the avalanche site but worth a share to confirm and reinforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

Test again in a few days if possible. Myself and Mrs Snapt and a bunch of folks we know all tested negative early on then positive a few days later. Heal up!

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Test again in a few days if possible. Myself and Mrs Snapt and a bunch of folks we know all tested negative early on then positive a few days later. Heal up!
    I’m getting that word too. Multiple tests after symptoms before positive results. Most of the people I know with it now or post symptoms got it traveling over the school break.

According to the health dept over here, the 20 something’s are the main driver of.cases. So the shitstorm is probably coming to other age groups soon. I think the hospital is ok tho.

We just had curative tests take 5 days for results! That kinda sucks. Rapid pcr books up and the few times I called around nobody had any rapid antigen tests.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    We just had curative tests take 5 days for results! That kinda sucks. Rapid pcr books up and the few times I called around nobody had any rapid antigen tests.
    I took a curative test that took over 4 days too. I looked at the results and noticed they were sending them to a lab in los angeles (san dimas)... smdh...

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Thanks. Will test again if my O2 drops/ symptoms worsen and I start thinking about medical treatment.

Seems like officially numbers would be way higher if testing was more readily available or if at home tests somehow counted. I know several people who tested positive on at home antigen tests who aren't counted in the official numbers.

I’m getting that word too. Multiple tests after symptoms before positive results. Most of the people I know with it now or post symptoms got it traveling over the school break.

According to the health dept over here, the 20 something’s are the main driver of.cases. So the shitstorm is probably coming to other age groups soon. I think the hospital is ok tho.

If anyone needs rapid antigen tests, I'd recommend looking on the Teton Valley Community Page. I got back from a trip on Thursday, but wasn't able to get an RPCR until yesterday in Jackson. Some nice folks in Teton Valley seem to have extra tests. Doesn't hurt to make a quick post if you're in a bind!

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Backcountry warriors: I did a pit today at 9000ft n/ne. The quick books version : I Had to hammer pretty hard to get results @ CT38 but then a very clean shear at 104cm depth and the column popped out like it was on wheels. Did a second Compression test and the 7' column failed on facets on the ground at about the same # of hits. My take: there is a huge slab sitting on very poor structure at that aspect 8500-9500 ft. it takes a lot to make it fail but if you hit the right spot (likely a thin one) and get failure you will be in a shit storm of biblical proportions. Elimination of the n-ne aspects or staying under 30 degrees on those will go a long way towards keeping you alive until it goes away. None of this is news if you check the avalanche site but worth a share to confirm and reinforce.
    Thanks for the share. I feel like these are the trickiest problems when its low probability but high consequence. Like selling lottery tickets. Probably not an issue, but....

Quote Originally Posted by CMartin348 View Post
    If anyone needs rapid antigen tests, I'd recommend looking on the Teton Valley Community Page. I got back from a trip on Thursday, but wasn't able to get an RPCR until yesterday in Jackson. Some nice folks in Teton Valley seem to have extra tests. Doesn't hurt to make a quick post if you're in a bind!
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I’m a little slow but where/what is the TV community page? I’d be happy to pick some up. Doubtful there is anyway, with two kids in the schools and sports that we are going to avoid this shit coming our way. Would like to know if we have it going around the house so we aren’t going around giving it to everyone else.

I just couldn't get my ski legs under me today, but still had fun, but kept the day short and only did one team lap. Yha is what happens when you don't ski for several weeks. Still got in 22K of vert

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Agreed with a couple of questions for you.
    If you are doing 2 CTs why did you not do an ECT?
    And was your interface at 104 from the ground?

I found some wind slab in specific locales at and above 8800'. Easy shooting cracks that propagated beyond my skis. Getting up to 1.5 meters of snow at the mid elevations, starting to cover up the shrubbery and making it fun and not so terrifying to pop off the multitude of downed trees.

Coupla pics from the last couple:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-147.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	399763

Name:	untitled-88.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	399764

Name:	untitled-63-4.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	399765

Had a pretty choice day at the vill today. Got up first for an untracked CowPow run down Moran groomer with about boottop windpow all the way.
    Super dreamy whip for 200 turns. Made a quick dash to Casper knowing all the off piste would be getting ignored longer than the upper mtn.
    Opened about 3 zones before the explorers moved in. So good to be getting first tracks in 8-20"of surfy goodness.
    Met up with Mr. Truckee Joe and his homebro for a handful of stash laps. Found some nice turns all around touring the mid mountain quiet zones.
    That cat can turn 'em, he was off like a flash.

A coupla cruisers to finish the day with my favorite masseuse and her trgz lurker friend in some nice soft chopped crud. Man. I was beat at that point. Would've liked to have taken ya up the box mang, but we knew you had it in ya.

Hoping for more soft tomorrow but DH groomers to start may be the call if it doesn't fall tonight.

I bet Pomerelle and Pebble creek are rockin tomorrow. They appear to be in the flow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sick pics UaN, as always. Deeeeeeeeeeeeep powpow.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Agreed with a couple of questions for you.
    If you are doing 2 CTs why did you not do an ECT?
    And was your interface at 104 from the ground?

I found some wind slab in specific locales at and above 8800'. Easy shooting cracks that propagated beyond my skis. Getting up to 1.5 meters of snow at the mid elevations, starting to cover up the shrubbery and making it fun and not so terrifying to pop off the multitude of downed trees.
    I guess I did Take a few shortcuts w my post , clarifying: the layer that was 104 was from the surface down, I really wanted to to a ECT but after digging down 7' for two CT's I was a not eager to extend the pit wider to do one. The first test that had failure at 104cm popped out like it was on wheels so that had kinda answered the propagation question for me. Slope was 43-44 degrees. I did see a video last night of one the guides doing a Propagation saw test up on Four Pines, dead tree chute, Broke clean on the same layer at 38/150cm, interesting that they chose a spot with some tracks thru it (on purpose) to replicate what we are actually dealing with on (somewhat ) ski compacted area nearer the resort. That said it's likely that we are not getting a whole lot of compaction down 104cm. Hope that helps. Hopefully a few more storm cycles and we can put this mostly in the rear view mirror and just deal with recent events.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I’m a little slow but where/what is the TV community page? I’d be happy to pick some up. Doubtful there is anyway, with two kids in the schools and sports that we are going to avoid this shit coming our way. Would like to know if we have it going around the house so we aren’t going around giving it to everyone else.
    Apologies, I should've mentioned the page was on FaceBook! Here's a link for ya! If you make a post asking about tests, it's likely someone will comment and have some available for you! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1619924218229275

Appreciate this/you:

I guess I did Take a few shortcuts w my post , clarifying: the layer that was 104 was from the surface down, I really wanted to to a ECT but after digging down 7' for two CT's I was a not eager to extend the pit wider to do one. The first test that had failure at 104cm popped out like it was on wheels so that had kinda answered the propagation question for me. Slope was 43-44 degrees. I did see a video last night of one the guides doing a Propagation saw test up on Four Pines, dead tree chute, Broke clean on the same layer at 38/150cm, interesting that they chose a spot with some tracks thru it (on purpose) to replicate what we are actually dealing with on (somewhat ) ski compacted area nearer the resort. That said it's likely that we are not getting a whole lot of compaction down 104cm. Hope that helps. Hopefully a few more storm cycles and we can put this mostly in the rear view mirror and just deal with recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Coupla pics from the last couple:

Name:	untitled-147.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	399763

Name:	untitled-88.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	399764

Name:	untitled-63-4.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	399765
    great shots!

Dumping in the valley and missing the Ghee. Weirdness.

Pow Day!