Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The only campgrounds I know of are a KOA south of town on 89 in Hoback, and one in Victor, Idaho. There is a little boondocking up Mosquito Creek, Curtis Canyon, and Shadow Mountain.
    A few more boondocking opportunities on the Idaho side, though. First come first serve, as far as I know.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Makes sense, didn’t realize that though.

What about campgrounds outside of town? I know the ones in the park are reservation only and are already booked but are their others people here would recommend?
    I spent many nights last summer in GTNP (maybe 10?) just booking last minute cancelation. It was pretty easy but I had to move campsites. I was with my kids. One nice thing was that in the NP was the only place you could have a fire.
    There are lots of free places in the NF. Where I camped there was a 5 day limit that was enforced by a guy in a side by side noting plates.
    Tons of places on the Idaho side to camp for free.
    You just have to be independent.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    The six greatly improved the skiing and my outlook on life. I'll take it! (the elder)
    It's amazing what 6" will do when you haven't gotten any in a while...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    It's amazing what 6" will do when you haven't gotten any in a while...
    Your boyfriend hasn’t been putting out?

Was a good day to be on the first tram today. Left side trees on R bowl, jump into Wally World trees then first tracks lower sublette. Decided to take the chair back.
    Second run out was sweet. Someone had already put in a traverse to where I really wanted to go. Made my day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1768B6F1-01E4-4D2A-BD39-86C43B167607.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	402286

EOB hit me up if you want to make some turns.

Coming to visit and want to maintain a running training after skiing. Need traction nanospikes or anything for the bike paths there now?

And I know, wrong forum Jong.

Just answer the question...

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Coming to visit and want to maintain a running training after skiing. Need traction nanospikes or anything for the bike paths there now?

Dang, that's a tough one for me but maybe rideit has been out on the paths more recently and will chime in. The valley floor is still completely covered in snow and hardpack so I'd expect running is extra challenging right now. The roadways are still slick except for the main drags.
    Hey Kokomas, how's the path by your place for running right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Was a good day to be on the first tram today. Left side trees on R bowl, jump into Wally World trees then first tracks lower sublette. Decided to take the chair back.
    Second run out was sweet. Someone had already put in a traverse to where I really wanted to go. Made my day.

Name:	1768B6F1-01E4-4D2A-BD39-86C43B167607.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	343.4 KB 
ID:	402286

EOB hit me up if you want to make some turns.
    I caught second box today after getting ID'd by a stealth visiting Mag. I waited for a box and he and his friends met me on top. we caught up then skied a tram lap and took another box to the summit and parted ways. It was soooooooo good to see them and kinda perked up my ski inspiration. Thanks for hollerin.

Skiing was fun this am but it was def ' 6" to Gaperland ' today. Lotsa mo peeps for the first appreciable snow in 2 weeks. Even still, it wasn't hellish.
    Maybe a 2 box wait at 11 am.

Fresh on top made for some smooth cushions but mostly that ole hardpack would come up and jack ya. Stiff back hammer time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I miss Stephen. I could really use his expertise right now.
    My fucking feet ache.

RIP SIJ. Nice to ski some soft snow today. Bring it February. We still doing a Gheetogether this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post

I would bring yaktrax if you have them, but not totally necessary since the paths usually have some loose snow on them and you know how to move on snow (it's funny, many people do not) but I also have a couple pair if you want to just borrow while you're here

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    RIP SIJ. Nice to ski some soft snow today. Bring it February. We still doing a Gheetogether this year?
    I hope so- would be fun to meet some of my mag "friends" who I have never met :P
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Hey Kokomas, how's the path by your place for running right now
    Covered last I looked. Laid up here, hope to ski with some of ya later next week

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

^^^^^

Hope you're alright, been looking around for ya.

Lemme know if ya need helps.

Thanks, hopefully minimum stay on the DL

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Can’t really chime in on the pathways, but the Fat biking in Cache Creek has been all-time!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Targhee yesterday didn't disappoint. Sounds like the snow totals were about the same between the west and east side so glad everyone had a good day. It probably was my first day really opening things up a bit. The new boots in chop are a dream, night and day compared to the old floppy ones. Though I'll echo ya DJ, my feet are a'hurtin right now. All it took was one 30k day of getting bounced around a bit and they're feeling just like last year...

Turned for about an hour this afternoon, in so much pain I was skiing like a straight up gaper down the hobacks. Man, that is frustrating as hell. Might have to sit tomorrow out to let the swelling go down, but also might try some of those little donut spacer things to sit on my 6th toe (shrug).

So who's the premier fitter in town now?

Side note - did the vill rescind masking on the tram and other inside spaces? Shit, I was a bit caught off guard with gapers breathing all over me in the tram. The paper still shows Teton County as highest criticality level for covid, just seems pretty counterintuitive to me to give up on the masking at this point.

Also a lot of unruly people parking along the curb in front of TSV, mudroom, etc then copping a major attitude with the parking attendants just trying to do their job. People need to chill the f out.

Pretty sure on Jan 1 they stopped giving the mask required speech on the tram

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    So who's the premier fitter in town now?

Side note - did the vill rescind masking on the tram and other inside spaces? Shit, I was a bit caught off guard with gapers breathing all over me in the tram. The paper still shows Teton County as highest criticality level for covid, just seems pretty counterintuitive to me to give up on the masking at this point.
    I think Matt Sheets at TVS does a good job on the bootfitting.

I'm not riding the tram, 'cuz Covid's over.

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

I thought the village skied fantastic today given the snow gig. Nice to see ya DJ. Sorry I had to spilt.
    Would have loved to meet up with you and ski220.

Will hopefully see some folks around 11 sunday
    Last edited by schwerty; 01-23-2022 at 06:23 AM.

I agree that the vill is skiing well for now. Took a few screamer laps up high early then another tram lap before meeting up with ski220. I was late and we bolted out soon after. Sorry we missed you Stevied, I still have your digits so will holler at ya.
    Wasn't sure if you were here or not.

No more mask mandate indoors after 12/31...
    Fucking Teton county - one of the highest C19 counties in the country.

EoB, I know Matt real well and am planning on hitting him up soon. You wanna join us?
    Getting the boots dialed can magically get all that pain to go away.

Skied around some today until I headed over to Casper. Lift was down which made for uncrowded slopes and an uncrowded lodge. Met up with DJ and we had some more Casper runs by utilizing the Teton lift.
    Apparently Casper blew a shaft. Word is it’s out of commission until next weekend.
    A tower 20 sesh led to a quick trip through the singles line at the ganjala and a nice 3000 ft run to the tram line for me. 2 car wait. The last tram was a walk on.

Here’s a few pics for IllAdvisedStrategy.

Name:	71D9543C-ADAE-46AD-8752-8565CCA9BD69.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	855.3 KB 
ID:	402445

Name:	20EDC56E-DC3F-42C3-8CB6-358DF45788D6.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	634.1 KB 
ID:	402446

“Spacewalk”. Disclaimer- I did not ski it.

Name:	B6BE3D94-41F2-4055-8026-353A106EA45D.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	604.8 KB 
ID:	402447

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    EoB, I know Matt real well and am planning on hitting him up soon. You wanna join us?
    Getting the boots dialed can magically get all that pain to go away.
    Count me in for that!

Heading over to Smith’s to hopefully find some of those donut thingys, then to the vill. If the crack pot temp solution doesn’t work out I’ll probably try to find Matt today to get things sorted.

Matt is awesome and he's been boot fitting since before I met him in 97. Tell him I said hi. I hope to come up there some time in the next few years to visit. I'd love to meet his son.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Targhee canceled our cat ski for monday and Tuesday. Somewhat surprised as we heard it was very good yesterday. Anyway it is 100% booked for the rest of this season.

Matt is by appointment. Unless you get lucky.

But he trained the entire team there. A simple boot punch or liner adjustment is within their skill set. They know what to do.
    . . .

So we were running the snow pit exam for an AAI Pro 1 today out of the Overflow lot. 2 teams went across the road to the meadows near bottom of Shovel Slide. I was finishing up the weather station test when heli showed up for SAR mission extracting someone off Chivers. We had front row seats for some precision flying and shorthaul work. Amazing skills.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

^ bummer- hope all turns out ok- but also neat to see as a spectator

I had fun skiing a couple runs with Stevied and Djongo this morning before the clouds rolled in and it went greybird
    the skiing is quite nice right now for being in a high pressure bubble

Watched the kids freeski comp for a bit which was being held in Tower 3 today. the kids were charging

Name:	IMG_4719.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	402548

Name:	IMG_4721.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	304.5 KB 
ID:	402549
    skid luxury