Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Man, this place rocks. And who says I have wasted thousands of hours of my life on here!

well, besides my wife, duh)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Today was a good day. Didn't cross a track.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-87.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	397374

Name:	untitled-112-2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	397375

Name:	untitled-157.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	397376

Sparkle pow!

Nice pics upallnight . Thanks for the stoke and that pow looks like it’s full of diamonds. Really enjoy ur photography. Glad to see you guys finally getting good snow and getting after it…..
    It will snow even more since DJ is heading for the heat.
    always forward but never straight

Fun day at the vill with DJ scoping some zones during low tide. Snow was surprisingly nice for the most part and not much of a line to speak of anywhere.

I’ll also be headed eastward for about a week and a half

letitsnow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Looking back on it:

Name:	untitled-188-3.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1,004.9 KB 
ID:	397487

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Sparkle pow!
    Yes! Surprisingly large feathers grew overnight — up to 1cm in a pretty short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Nice pics upallnight . Thanks for the stoke and that pow looks like it’s full of diamonds. Really enjoy ur photography. Glad to see you guys finally getting good snow and getting after it…..
    Thank you!

As for "finally getting good snow"...Few people have believed that there's been some *excellent*/wintry snow to ski since before Thanksgiving.

More info released on the tragic avalanche, so sad. Be careful everyone. https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/1...nd-loved-life/

https://jhavalanche.org/eventDetail/event/41235

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hunh, more high end condos on Snow King…

https://www.kpvi.com/news/national_n...186672bd0.html

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hunh, more high end condos on Snow King…

https://www.kpvi.com/news/national_n...186672bd0.html
    No doubt people will buy these sight unseen, thinking they are at JHMR, and then show up for that one week out of the year to use the place and be shocked, shocked I tell you, that there's no JHMR ski-in ski-out going on.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

There's only like 12 people in Tram line right now. bet it's going to be fun. hope some maggots are in there
    skid luxury

Some friends of mine are skiing the village this week. Was going to come over yesterday, but the booster I got Sunday hit me hard. Anyways, she had me cracking up about the carnage on Thunder bumps after they opened it. One lady sitting in the middle of the slope crying. She stopped to check on her and the lady said to her, “oh wow, you know how to stop.” Another guy on skiers right with his skis off, holding them across his chest with his poles, sliding down on his bum and a mountain host pleading with him to put his skis back on and ski down

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Some friends of mine are skiing the village this week. Was going to come over yesterday, but the booster I got Sunday hit me hard. Anyways, she had me cracking up about the carnage on Thunder bumps after they opened it. One lady sitting in the middle of the slope crying. She stopped to check on her and the lady said to her, “oh wow, you know how to stop.” Another guy on skiers right with his skis off, holding them across his chest with his poles, sliding down on his bum and a mountain host pleading with him to put his skis back on and ski down
    Can confirm it was hilarious carnage on that run yesterday. Great snow though!

Nice! Hoping to get over soon to ski.

Finally got our new tractor today that has been sitting in Jackson. Two Saturdays ago, the hot shot delivering it decided to go over Teton Pass at 2 am. Jacknifed, went through the guard rail and very nearly went off the side of the mountain on that first sharp turn coming down from the top to the Idaho side. I guess he was following google maps and not reading any signs about no trailers.

Nice! Hoping to get over soon to ski.

Finally got our new tractor today that has been sitting in Jackson. Two Saturdays ago, the hot shot delivering it decided to go over Teton Pass at 2 am. Jacknifed, went through the guard rail and very nearly went off the side of the mountain on that first sharp turn coming down from the top to the Idaho side. I guess he was following google maps and not reading any signs about no trailers.
    I shit you not I passed that guy on my way over to Jackson haha. There were about 5 cop cars on scene, and you ain’t kiddin about him almost going off the side…

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I shit you not I passed that guy on my way over to Jackson haha. There were about 5 cop cars on scene, and you ain’t kiddin about him almost going off the side…
    Seriously!!! I kept meaning to ask if anyone saw him. The tractor escaped unscathed. Thankfully it was not our issue to get it out of car jail since the contract was FOB. We’ve been trying to figure out how he ended up over there. It cost them $14k for the towing and storage. The guy from Ron’s filled me in on some the details when he brought it over today

Okay, which one of you Jackson mag's is secretly serving up "Cowboy cocktails!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cowboy-co...192509295.html

JACKSON, Wyo. - The honky-tonk bar under neon lights on the town square serves Grand Teton Amber Ale and Yellowstone Lemonade. The Cowboy Coffee Co. offers bison chili, and the Five & Dime General Store sells Stetson hats and souvenirs made from bullets.

In this tourist-friendly Western town, home to four celebrated arches fashioned from elk antlers, lawyers and estate planners draw customers with something far more exclusive.

It's called the "Cowboy Cocktail," and in recent years the coveted financial arrangement has attracted a new set of outsiders to the least populated state in America.

Debbie Cenziper and Will Fitzgibbon, (c) 2021, The Washington Post
    Mon, December 20, 2021, 11:25 AM
    JACKSON, Wyo. - The honky-tonk bar under neon lights on the town square serves Grand Teton Amber Ale and Yellowstone Lemonade. The Cowboy Coffee Co. offers bison chili, and the Five & Dime General Store sells Stetson hats and souvenirs made from bullets.

In this tourist-friendly Western town, home to four celebrated arches fashioned from elk antlers, lawyers and estate planners draw customers with something far more exclusive.

Subscribe to The Post Most newsletter for the most important and interesting stories from The Washington Post.

It's called the "Cowboy Cocktail," and in recent years the coveted financial arrangement has attracted a new set of outsiders to the least populated state in America.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

The cocktail and variations of it - consisting of a Wyoming trust and layers of private companies with concealed ownership - allow the world's wealthy to move and spend money in extraordinary secrecy, protected by some of the strongest privacy laws in the country and, in some cases, without even the cursory oversight performed by regulators in other states.

Millionaires and billionaires around the world have taken note. In recent years, families from India to Italy to Venezuela have abandoned international financial centers for law firms in Wyoming's ski resorts and mining towns, helping to turn the state into one of the world's top tax havens.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    There's only like 12 people in Tram line right now. bet it's going to be fun. hope some maggots are in there
    A dozen peeps at 8 am yet the first one in line was there by 6:30. Dude coulda slept in.

Wish I'da been there, was sitting in SLC airport by then. Snow in the bowl looked pretty good when EoB and I scoped it out. Missed skiing with Koko and TFT as they magically collided in the change for a nickel zone.
    Sorry K, I meant to text you to join us and then I remembered my phone was still in the ranch lot as I was loading the ganjala. Everything after that was a blur.
    Good fun turning both days with EoB and TFT - Thanks my brothas for sending me off to heat meiser land with a solid bunch of laps and about 45k vert.

The Candy van made a midday stop on the pass, almost with that whale tail sticking out into traffic...

Name:	candy van 2.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	397751

the further Pussification of JH. Jesus H Christ man, the low caliber of skier the other day was mind boggling. Something must be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Okay, which one of you Jackson mag's is secretly serving up "Cowboy cocktails!"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cowboy-co...192509295.html
    Cheyenne has long been considered the cayman islands of the lower 48.
    This discovery is actually old news to the money savvy.
    you know, all the .01% er's who neeeeeed that tax shelter. Fuck 'em.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I'm taking one for the team, its likely gonna dump for a week.
    Good, I hope it does. I'll be ready for a fully opened village when I get back on slope.

And it won't be long now until mags from far and wide will be heading into town. Looking forward to connecting and turning with all youse mags.

I'm off the bench on Jan. 3, ski ya soon.

You gonna fish or do anything sorta fun back east, DJ?

... Safe trip, Dj -

' hope your Dad is doing okay ( or better ! )

Christmas wishes To you both, my friend...

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    You gonna fish or do anything sorta fun back east, DJ?
    I enjoy seeing my family, but that's about where it ends. And sadly for me, all of them live here now so If we're gonna be together for holidays, I'm the only one who'll get off his butt and travel. I kinda don't mind skipping the village shitshow this time tho.

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    ... Safe trip, Dj -

' hope your Dad is doing okay ( or better ! )

Christmas wishes To you both, my friend...

skiJ
    Thanks Big dog, appreciate the positive Irie mon. Hope your holidays are magically perfect.
    Pops is in top notch headspace right now, It's good.

Safe travels DJ. Hah when I nickeled TFT and mag friend I had my son and his bro with me. Funny and terrifying at the same time watching those knuckleheads on the hill. For short, no adult skiing was being done by me. But I'm lining up for the first week of TQATD though

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Anyone have a trusted mechanic in Teton valley? Bad timing for truck issues. Bonus if they’re familiar with Toyotas (04 lc). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

the further Pussification of JH. Jesus H Christ man, the low caliber of skier the other day was mind boggling. Something must be done.

Good, I hope it does. I'll be ready for a fully opened village when I get back on slope.

And it won't be long now until mags from far and wide will be heading into town. Looking forward to connecting and turning with all youse mags.

Hope to see you all after the holidays. I may hit up Targhee next week for a half day or so to try to get my ski legs under me. Can’t quite keep up with you mags, but I’m not danger dog level. She said they ended doing laps over on broken goggle to escape the carnage. They were skiing with a good friend that’s a redcoat, mostly teaches private. Holy Shit! Over $375 for a single group lesson for the kids!! It was cheaper for them to do a family private lesson!

Have a great Christmas DJ! Glad I went home in Nov and sticking around here. Just found out my niece has a break through covid case.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Yer not back till Jan 3?! Bummer. I think that’s the day we leave. We will be on the hill from Dec 28-Jan 3 or something like that. If I’ve got your dates wrong then hope to spin some turns with ya.

Hopefully we can finally get some turns with Koko, Baby Bear, and the rest of the crew too. BB, my lovely wife would love to finally meet a mag that’s a lady. Not sure she believes such a thing exists.

Anyway, thanks for the snow in the forecast. Looks like we timed it ok - hopefully have a lot open and some softer landings for EWG II to huck himself into. DJ he’s already scoping out ways to go off that higher band in Bernie’s.

I told him the landing is pretty flat there…