Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1640
    DJ I may have seen that bear last week crossing 22 near the Teton School. Middle of the day, thought the same thing - where’s momma? But didn’t see another bear. Bunch of spectators stopped on the bike path but it didn’t seem to mind

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Lots of sales going on this weekend. I get an extra 10% off the sale prices, lemme know if I can help.

EoB - In the past , you'da likely been right. But these days there's a handful of bears living in Granite and on the face of the village. I doubt this guy has traveled that far yet. But not impossible.
    If yours was by TSS, he'd have to cross the river...

Babybear - maybe you could get that marketing job where you ski around and quiz guests. And ski around some more. Then sit in Casper. Then go take a lap or two.
    I think our mag Superior did that for a lil while.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

Last season was freakishly quiet. Don't expect that again

Who's planning a JH trip this season? Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by stevied View Post
    Last season was quiet but also didn’t snow for 6 weeks. I’ll be back for the season starting Jan 4.
    Planning on be there.
    Hope to see you and ski with you. And others too !
    Probably be at the M6 again.

The whole 'work from where ever' didn't seem to be a factor last season, but I know
    more then a few people who didn't show due to snow conditions vs. the prior year.

It will be interesting to see what this season brings.
    3rd year in a row for a La Nina event. The first two could not have been more different.
    And yeah, two seasons ago, regular Friday snowstorms were the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    went to go buy my ski pass last eve and they are completely sold out. damn.
    Really sorry to hear that BB. Luckily it's not the only game in town.

WTF !!! Nobody mentioned this?

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/...a5cbf43cd.html

This is extremely disturbing for the dirtbag me. Going to have to figure something out.
    Or sell BB my pass.

Alternative suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    WTF !!! Nobody mentioned this?
    It was mentioned in the padded room.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Ever since Craig sold the Elk Refuge it’s been downhill.

No more skid row for ski bums.

How is everybody liking the new parking pass website this afternoon! Simple navigation, just a few clicks and......uh, wait..... this is just a request?! Help bot is undergoing maintenance, TVA phone straight to voicemail, and mailbox full!
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

Says they’re sold out for 2022-2023 on my screen. That was quick… at least I don’t have any options to consider now, so that makes things easier.

eta, thought this was kinda funny

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1662498723.311613.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	425666

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Says they’re sold out for 2022-2023 on my screen. That was quick… at least I don’t have any options to consider now, so that makes things easier.

eta, thought this was kinda funny

Name:	Image1662498723.311613.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	425666

$1,815 for the upper lot? Per month?

Dayumm. I remember parking there for free and skiing down to the tram.
    And skiing back to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    How is everybody liking the new parking pass website this afternoon! Simple navigation, just a few clicks and......uh, wait..... this is just a request?! Help bot is undergoing maintenance, TVA phone straight to voicemail, and mailbox full!

Ok, so you know my ass was online at 11:57 and it started. Figured I had a head start.

Then I gotta log in. Fuckin' who knows what that password is. 4 tries to reset password never got the link to reset. Starting to lose my shit now.

Used another email addy I have and just created a new account. I get in. Pretty easy to start; then it asks for my pass # from last year. It's out in the garage so screw that lap.
    I punch in my personal info and it promptly goes somewhere I don't know.
    Cussing loudly, I book out to the car , get the pass, enter the digis and voila, there's my info.
    Some of the choices were less than obvious but so few, ya just guessed and moved on. I hit the go button and nothing. Hit it again and it takes me to the final page.
    Now I have 2 orders. Shit. Those fucknuts will charge me double and tell me to go pound.
    I send an email to TVA saying I fugged up. They reply within the hour saying no problem.
    I had called and got the message line, about 3 minutes later and it was full.

The header that says this is an application and we'll let ya know is some bullshit.
    A few years ago, you'd go into hoback sports, fill out a 2 minute form, pay then and get it in the mail in days.
    Those lazy pukes at TVA have farmed out this duty as well to a company that gives no fucks about this place. Because the office ladies are crusty and don't wanna have to haggle with people when tva screws the pooch.

Who fuckin knows if I got a pass. It says parking is explicitly first come first served. Therefore one would assume that if you got through and not on the waitlist, you should be good to go.

CS - That's the first I've seen of the ' month ' designation. Not sure if it was there when I punched in but I don't think so. Those prices are for the entire season and that one is park anywhere, anytime.

The idea that an all lots parking pass costs more than a spring price all mountain pass is complete and utter bullshit.

TVA is comprised solely of Village business owners. Having put them in charge of village lots has been an utter disaster. Not from the improvements but the gouging that goes on there.

And fuck keeping Moran face/woods closed for 2 months for Travis and his group of kooks to ride for 2/3 days.

Name:  tommy2.png
Views: 519
Size:  318.7 KB

Djongo I’m hoping it’s winter season and not monthly.
    But wtf. $635 for restricted ranch lot?

And everything sold out in minutes? Wife and I are trying to find the next mountain town. But I have so many memories in the hole. Fewer and fewer friends. Mostly from being forced out. Fuck the billionaires. They suck.
    If I had a few billion I’d by the four seasons and make it a skid ski bum hostel.

JH jumped the fucking shark, spun a bitch, and jumped it again.

Ok, so you know my ass was online at 11:57 and it started. Figured I had a head start.

Then I gotta log in. Fuckin' who knows what that password is. 4 tries to reset password never got the link to reset. Starting to lose my shit now.

Used another email addy I have and just created a new account. I get in. Pretty easy to start; then it asks for my pass # from last year. It's out in the garage so screw that lap.
    I punch in my personal info and it promptly goes somewhere I don't know.
    Cussing loudly, I book out to the car , get the pass, enter the digis and voila, there's my info.
    Some of the choices were less than obvious but so few, ya just guessed and moved on. I hit the go button and nothing. Hit it again and it takes me to the final page.
    Now I have 2 orders. Shit. Those fucknuts will charge me double and tell me to go pound.
    I send an email to TVA saying I fugged up. They reply within the hour saying no problem.
    I had called and got the message line, about 3 minutes later and it was full.

The header that says this is an application and we'll let ya know is some bullshit.
    A few years ago, you'd go into hoback sports, fill out a 2 minute form, pay then and get it in the mail in days.
    Those lazy pukes at TVA have farmed out this duty as well to a company that gives no fucks about this place. Because the office ladies are crusty and don't wanna have to haggle with people when tva screws the pooch.

Who fuckin knows if I got a pass. It says parking is explicitly first come first served. Therefore one would assume that if you got through and not on the waitlist, you should be good to go.

CS - That's the first I've seen of the ' month ' designation. Not sure if it was there when I punched in but I don't think so. Those prices are for the entire season and that one is park anywhere, anytime.

The idea that an all lots parking pass costs more than a spring price all mountain pass is complete and utter bullshit.

TVA is comprised solely of Village business owners. Having put them in charge of village lots has been an utter disaster. Not from the improvements but the gouging that goes on there.
    Everyone's experience today- from the dates to select (11/25 start to open ended) WTF! I double registered, Duct Tape triple registered. The help bot being broken was still my favorite! There is no way a contractor or anyone with a job you need to be at part of the day can ride the bus and get more than a very few runs, so parking pass it is. And since my company does lots of install business at the village, a parking pass is a necessity, sort of.

Anyway, I blame it on Pepi's cuz when Cody lot went pay in what, maybe 2006 I was repair shop manager so I got a paid pass, By 2011 had started my own business and was a part time ski tuner so then bought pass, it was basically like heroin. Late 90s I drove my truck right to the front of the white house to load out my gear in the spring.

Anyway, I have always sent polite emails to TVA discussing the pass, 2 years ago I totally forgot to buy my pass, but emailed the woman who handled it and she said no problem even thought they were sold out. It never hurts to be nice to the people who handle all these shitty initiatives put on them by folks above.

It doesn't hurt that the work fleet has 3 full size Sprinter Cargos, 2 w Espar heaters, so I just commandeer one for the winter and put the full locker in their for the duration.

I do not live here for the summers, so I gotta do what I can to survive. Removing all impediments to getting on a lift is job one. Full pass, full parking pass, non negotiable.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

And everything sold out in minutes? Wife and I are trying to find the next mountain town. But I have so many memories in the hole. Fewer and fewer friends. Mostly from being forced out. Fuck the billionaires. They suck.
    If I had a few billion I’d by the four seasons and make it a skid ski bum hostel.
    Last year the ranch lot was $20 a day right? That comes out to $600 per month if you ski or park there every day. Will there be no day tickets to the ranch lot during the 22–23 season?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I am so lucky that Mrs. Suit

a) loves skiing
    b) has her shit together

I just asked her if she got the parking pass email and she gave me that "don't you worry your pretty little head" look.

Good thing I don’t have a pass so I didn’t have to worry about which parking pass to get.
    #silverlinings
    ps I bought a 10 day pass (even had the thought- can I buy 2 x 10 day passes?) and a snow king pass then will mooch off of andrew’s vouchers or buy a few days here and there.
    andrew didn’t want to work there full time this year and I can’t blame him.
    skid luxury

Condolences villagistas.

But, look what they done to my hill, ma (kudos to Melanie).

Get three passes in one with the Crystal Premier Pass bundle. Give yourself the ultimate freedom of unlimited lift access at Crystal with a Crystal Legend Pass, an anytime A Lot Premier Parking pass, and an Ikon Pass with access to 50 destinations worldwide. No blackouts or restrictions, no need to make reservations, just show up, park up front in A Lot and ski or ride anytime during the 2022/2023 season. This is the only way to get unlimited A Lot Premier Parking next season, quantities are limited and available on a first come basis.

This pass also includes some sweet perks like unlimited gondola access for the 2022 summer season, 15% off retail and F&B, plus 10 friends and family lift tickets at 25% off.

PASS NAME FULL PRICE
    Crystal Premier Pass (Quantities Limited) $4,099

Now sing along:
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Mountain Ghost you mean. I think that's a tits idea as most of the hosts today are old slow rollers interested in standing around and helping almost no one.

Actually, she'd be great at it as she's always so stoky and enthusiastic. And her hubby is a veritable shoe-in for any position. They beg guys like him to work there.
    The other day, while chatting with JZell at the PO, the new boss of the ski school swerved over and was just fawning all over Jeff, saying how thrilled they'd be to have him come back.
    Mr. Bear would be in this miniscule group of workers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reason for the pass sellout is because they are limiting daily ticket sales.
    Or so they say. There's no way of really knowing, short of someone spilling the beans.

I'd guess that last season was the first to have any level of sellout, intially 10 day passes but eventually some other types.
    Before that, they'd sell access until the cows came home. Hence the phenominally long lines almost every day from ~2017- 2021.
    Last season was freakishly quiet. Don't expect that again

This spring I asked about passes and she alluded to some changes, albeit minor ones, that might accelerate a sell out. She said maybe, which was a first.
    I bought early as I can't haggle with those folks anymore. The ticket office peeps are actually trained fairly well but the mountain ops players can be as clueless as can be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Thunder lift is coming along nicely. The footings have been poured and the steel is in the lower lot, waiting to be lifted.
    They say the new ride will take about 3 minutes. Tracked out faster than ever. By me, bitches.
    I'll be there first, and I'll be back in minutes.
    The old chess game of getting around the hill on a pow morning is changing and becoming much more dynamic. Knowing where to go, and when, is becoming paramount to getting the best/deepest lines.

Also the groomer offa the top of thunder has been widened. Sliding forward to the saddle, you go left into Laramie bowl or right into Horn's hole, toward the cirque. That first righty drop that takes you to split around Mikey's rock has been widened to the left. Grooming will sweep under the broken goggle zone more. Lost pow turns for more groomed ones. A new merge zone with some blind spots. Typical JHMR engineering. The clown department fo sho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Took a lap with EastorBust on the gondi the other day. Catching up and whatnot. Dude's so busy with the special lady friend, hardly see him.
    Move over the hill and come over and party.
    Good to see you two.

Who's planning a JH trip this season? Bueller?
    I hope to get back but with the M6 closure not so sure.

Sure was fun last time!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Name:	B027860C-DFDB-4A97-81FC-85C37D563CE4.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	934.6 KB 
ID:	425723

Name:	5D7378C8-0AFC-4B1D-BB7D-02FE98CA3BC2.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	428.8 KB 
ID:	425724
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

It's been between $475 and $635 for about 5 years now. I poached the one hour parking for about 15 years. The old red Pathy has it's own distinct reputation at the vill. The parking guys used to call it bad brains when radio chattering over what to do about it.

The parking Fuhrer and I came to a detente for the last 5 years, so when I first got a parking pass, he was stoked, kinda lets me be now, even hooks me occasionally with the choice spots.

For a daily skier, the flex to park at will is well worth the money. I fought it for a loooong time. My first parking pass was a Christmas gift from my Dad. I never looked back.

We all have the lottery dream. Hit me first in "90 when some gal from Idaho won 95 million lotto. Ski area sold a few years later for chumpchange 20 mill OSS.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Everyone's experience today- from the dates to select (11/25 start to open ended) WTF! I double registered, Duct Tape triple registered. The help bot being broken was still my favorite! There is no way a contractor or anyone with a job you need to be at part of the day can ride the bus and get more than a very few runs, so parking pass it is. And since my company does lots of install business at the village, a parking pass is a necessity, sort of.

Anyway, I blame it on Pepi's cuz when Cody lot went pay in what, maybe 2006 I was repair shop manager so I got a paid pass, By 2011 had started my own business and was a part time ski tuner so then bought pass, it was basically like heroin. Late 90s I drove my truck right to the front of the white house to load out my gear in the spring.

Anyway, I have always sent polite emails to TVA discussing the pass, 2 years ago I totally forgot to buy my pass, but emailed the woman who handled it and she said no problem even thought they were sold out. It never hurts to be nice to the people who handle all these shitty initiatives put on them by folks above.

It doesn't hurt that the work fleet has 3 full size Sprinter Cargos, 2 w Espar heaters, so I just commandeer one for the winter and put the full locker in their for the duration.

I do not live here for the summers, so I gotta do what I can to survive. Removing all impediments to getting on a lift is job one. Full pass, full parking pass, non negotiable.
    I forgot about the dates crap. Guarantee you someone got no pass cuz they got hung up on that shite.

In my handful of interactions with those women at the tva shop, I have been perfectly mannered and polite. They still act like you're lucky to have gotten thru the door.
    Before Pepi's/the white house...there was nothing but a doubles tennis court where the walkway is between peps and TML. My Firebird froze up in '90 right at the corner there for 2 weeks at -20. Finally heated it with a kerosene salamander and got er moved.

Your last paragraph is sig worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Last year the ranch lot was $20 a day right? That comes out to $600 per month if you ski or park there every day. Will there be no day tickets to the ranch lot during the 22–23 season?
    Oh, there'll be plenty of drive up slots on any day. Passes make up less than half I bet.
    $15/day ranch, $20 on holidays, 3 peeps free

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I am so lucky that Mrs. Suit

a) loves skiing
    b) has her shit together

I just asked her if she got the parking pass email and she gave me that "don't you worry your pretty little head" look.
    Tightly dialed, just my style.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I hope to get back but with the M6 closure not so sure.

Sure was fun last time!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
    Dude, it's a small town. Your best bet is to make some friends here and you'll likely always have a place to stay now and again.
    You're genuine and chilly will, intelligent and engaged, fun and active...

It'll be easy to have a network here. You already have, and already do.

Mon back.

I haven't looked, how much are parking passes at Pebble this season? Have they sold out yet?

Feeling for y'all.
    Snapts got it right. Smaller hills for the win anymore.
    The golden age of skiing at the big hills is over.
    Got our own issues down this way. Been growing for a while.
    As my joints get creakier, I love a good groomer more and more when off trail isn't primo.
    Small hill groomers will be my future...
    Bought an Ikon and Indy, so see ya at your home hills this winter.
    Don't know how many million vertical of untracked I've landed in the LCC to date. Very thankful.
    Thanks to the red pass, a few more untracked coming without the hype...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Pretty damn sad. Both of my kids want to ski a year or two, but have limited desire to go through the bs of what it's become. It still may happen, but the surfing scene has been winning. Rent is ridiculous in the mtns and the beach, so that's a wash. Surfing is essentially free, so I think that has been a significant reason in holding them back from venturing into the hills.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I haven't looked, how much are parking passes at Pebble this season? Have they sold out yet?
    That is some genuinely funny shit right there.

Chuckling and asking myself, 'do they even have parking passes?'

Adult season passes are $531 til Nov.

Rippin' the Rock with local magnum force Telehacker.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Feeling for y'all.
    Snapts got it right. Smaller hills for the win anymore.
    Got our own issues down this way. Been growing for a while.
    As my joints get creakier, I love a good groomer more and more when off trail isn't primo.
    Small hill groomers will be my future...
    Bought an Ikon and Indy, so see ya at your home hills this winter.
    Don't know how many million vertical of untracked I've landed in the LCC to date. Very thankful.
    Thanks to the red pass, a few more untracked coming without the hype...
    Honestly, my friend, at this point I'm prolly better off here than if I was in SLC. The LCC/BCC issues would likely send me packing. We'd be super stoked to have you in our valley for some laps. C'mon!

I know how to work what little bit of gaming the system there is left in JH. And that's been the local approach forever as the corp. didn't even have a game before Kemmerererers and even then it took em til after 2005.