Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    Hi all, just wondering how big of a footprint does natural selection leave? I am booked for same week after many years away. I assume the course area is closed all week and that it’s somewhere in the crags? Does it draw a large spectator crowd? I’m stoked to see the pros shredding but hoping it’s not too much of a circus. Touring isn’t an option with my group unfort. Thanks!
    I could be mistaken, but my understanding is the course is on Moran Face.

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    I could be mistaken, but my understanding is the course is on Moran Face.
    Correct, with the lack of snow early in the season the features that were built for last year’s comp kind of stuck out like a sore thumb from AV.

From what I remember there was a rope line running along the top 50-60% of the Teton lift, maybe averaging 25-50 yards north from dead center under the lift. Another rope line on crags that went damn near to the right 90 bend

Poach it.

On a snowmobile!
    Long live Chad!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Greetings... My SO and I are escaping the grungy, run down, and violent city of Portland and coming to the Teton Valley. Gonna be Jonging up the Ghee from the 23rd through 25th. AirBNB'ing in Victor. Can't wait. It will be my first time there. We are avoiding JH and the immediate area around there. Very Very Psyched.

Anybody have good restaurant advice for Driggs or Victor?

Teton Thai
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Poach it.
    Ha I'm sure TRice and gang would love me going full air jerry to way short off their features then side slipping through all their reserved untracked with a concussion..

thanks for the info all.

Aside from closing that zone for weeks prior to the event, it's a pretty low-key scene. Not a big spectator event, and if you didn't ski on teton lift, you might not know it's going on.

The #PoachNaturalSelection stickers are some of my fave
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Greetings... My SO and I are escaping the grungy, run down, and violent city of Portland and coming to the Teton Valley. Gonna be Jonging up the Ghee from the 23rd through 25th. AirBNB'ing in Victor. Can't wait. It will be my first time there. We are avoiding JH and the immediate area around there. Very Very Psyched.

Anybody have good restaurant advice for Driggs or Victor?
    Amerasia in Victor is IMHO every bit as good if not better than Teton Thai. I think it might be my favorite restaurant in the valley at the moment.

In Victor West Side Yard and Knotty Pine are both good. Knotty Pine is currently the only indoor BBQ option in the valley with Big Hole BBQ closed down for post fire renovation.

In Driggs check out Tatanka for consistently good dine in pizza, Captain Ron's for BBQ (tiny hole in the wall to-go spot), Get Baked for to-go pizza and Warbirds for pseudo upmarket American food.

O'Rourke's and the Royal Wolf are both good for inexpensive(ish) bar food.

Forage is ok for fine dining. It's the only restaurant in the valley that tries to be upscale.

Thanks for the advice. Not gonna jinx it. But for that period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Been on the hill the past three days enjoying whatever we've got. It's great to be sliding again. But that boulder field seems to be going in the wrong direction fraid. Burning some stuff starting to sound good

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Damn. Will be on the hill the week starting Dec 28th. Can you fuckers PLEASE get working on those clouds so I have some snow when I get there? Not sure what the hell you people have been up to but seriously. Get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Damn. Will be on the hill the week starting Dec 28th. Can you fuckers PLEASE get working on those clouds so I have some snow when I get there? Not sure what the hell you people have been up to but seriously. Get on it.
    Well I can tell you there are big flakes falling in the village right now.

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Well I can tell you there are big flakes falling in the village right now.

That was quick. Outstanding work on your part.

Chang Mai in Victor, also Amerasian. Both excellent. Breakman for burgers. All in Victor. If you wander up to Tetonia, Badger Creek is the cat's ass. Forage in Driggs is what all the rest are compared too. War Birds is good. Citizen33 and Tetonka Pizza are all good. Breakfast is solid at Provisions
    Last edited by new yabyum; 12-14-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Today in the Tetons:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-77.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	396568

I had no idea Ameriasia was still in business. I've had some of the better meals in the valley and some of the worst there. Funky joint.

I guess I'll pick up my pass this week, hoping for the reverse pow day at the Ghee Thursday afternoon if anyone (Kevo?) wants to make some turns or drink a beer.

Thread drift while we wait for the atmospheric river. Ya'll really recommending Teton Thai over Chiang Mai? Like, Teton Thai is great, but in my uneducated opinion Chiang Mai is dang near untouchable. Otherwise, I second most of those recommendations, but would add that I'd go Royal Wolf over O'Rourkes 10 times out of 10. Even though O'Rourkes is three blocks closer to my house.

Citizen 33 in Driggs is up there, the new winter menu is incredible, gonna keep going back for their take on poutine all winter long.

Mostly I just miss Valle Del Sol.

[QUOTE=cydwhit;6484014]Thread drift while we wait for the atmospheric river. Ya'll really recommending Teton Thai over Chiang Mai? Like, Teton Thai is great, but in my uneducated opinion Chiang Mai is dang near untouchable. Otherwise, I second most of those recommendations, but would add that I'd go Royal Wolf over O'Rourkes 10 times out of 10. Even though O'Rourkes is three blocks closer to my house.

Citizen 33 in Driggs is up there, the new winter menu is incredible, gonna keep going back for their take on poutine all winter long.

Mostly I just miss Valle Del Sol.[/QUOTE Cy, I concur with your victuals assessment, I remain crushed at the demise of Basin Burger, something about pickled jalapeños and onions on a questionable burger warms the cockles of my heart.

What happened to Valle del Sol? I just ate there a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    What happened to Valle del Sol? I just ate there a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    From what I've heard their usual off-season closure was prolonged by the early arrival of a baby. Not sure if there's any other beta at this point, just praying they re-open before prime pow skiing and tacos season.

And yep, New Yabyum, I mourn Basin Burger every time I drive north out of town.

Haha, it was once a really, really shitty Burger King!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Haha, it was once a really, really shitty Burger King!
    If you can differentiate between shitty Burger King and really shitty Burger King you've gone down a poor life path.

VERY fair point!

I think I have eaten at Burger King *maybe* 10 times in my life (ah, the bad old days of highway food on dead tour), but the Driggs one was the worst.

Dang I thought we were gonna talk about skiing for a minute there...

But I just had dinner at Citizen 33 tonight and it was lovely.

Oh and it is snowing. Hard. And cold. La Nina had some errands to do but she says she's on her way. There's yet another DDL (December AND November drought layer) on north-leaning upper elevation slopes. Don't forget about that one- once we get a slab on it, we are gonna see some propagation. In other news, new faces at the BT avalanche center mean that forecast formats and language will be updated, we will see more conditions videos and accident reports as well. Welcome Fitz and Frank!

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Dang I thought we were gonna talk about skiing for a minute there...
    Don't blame me! No one seems to interested in the fact that there is untracked snow to be skied... :-)

Earlier today... pow with a side of reeds:

Name:	untitled-151-2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	925.4 KB 
ID:	396764

Me, shot in the back (gave my friend my camera):

Name:	untitled-93.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	799.6 KB 
ID:	396765