Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1640
    Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Feeling for y'all.
    Snapts got it right. Smaller hills for the win anymore.
    The golden age of skiing at the big hills is over.
    Got our own issues down this way. Been growing for a while.
    As my joints get creakier, I love a good groomer more and more when off trail isn't primo.
    Small hill groomers will be my future...
    Bought an Ikon and Indy, so see ya at your home hills this winter.
    Don't know how many million vertical of untracked I've landed in the LCC to date. Very thankful.
    Thanks to the red pass, a few more untracked coming without the hype...
    We left the Cottonwoods for Driggs 7 years ago, no looking back. Your right about old age and the future of the Indy pass. There's still some damn fine times to be had. PS a full report on the year will be required.

Just saw the damnedest thing...a one year old bear just trucking down pearl Street, right in front of Big Hole BBQ. So cute, but very strange!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

That's distressing to hear. Little guy musta been lost bad.
    And getting to a safe zone would be a challenge from there.
    Hope BooBoo is ok.

I got my parking 'request' acceptance email today. Then a denied one for my duplicate entry.
    Now how/when can we pay? That's when I feel it's accomplished.

As much as I am an idiot for not securing my pass, I'm just lamenting and fully support the move towards limiting the # of passes and day tickets.
    It's made the ski experience more consistent with the past, which I think most can appreciate.
    AS DJ said we get 4 or 5 deep laps now instead of 7 or 8. With all the changes going on in the world I can accept that
    So don't let the issues take away from the greatness and hopefully it doesn't stop the mags from visiting us.
    The whole parking pass thing is getting intense but I think we still have it so mf'ing good here compared to many/ most other resort area changes.
    We still skate by due to our remoteness/ lack of close major metro

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Last year the ranch lot was $20 a day right? That comes out to $600 per month if you ski or park there every day. Will there be no day tickets to the ranch lot during the 22–23 season?
    they still have tons of spots for daily parking/ day skiers, partying in the lots, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just saw the damnedest thing...a one year old bear just trucking down pearl Street, right in front of Big Hole BBQ. So cute, but very strange!
    cool. black bear I assume?
    skid luxury

Bbear - I think you should get some junk job that comes with 20-30% discount in December. A merchant pass. Be an evening concierge or dishwasher at some hot restaurant. Fuck around and make $22 and dinner at local or hatch or SRG, OSS.

Are you digging the present position enough to suffer thru winter? Particularly if it's snowy this year...

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

I thought we knew each other well enough at this point that you would know I am over "working more"
    I’ll edit to add that I do really like my new job and the 4 day a week schedule seems about as good as I can ask for at this point in my life/career.

I actually feel pretty good about my set-up. "A change is as good as a rest"
    You'll love this- This weekend after we saw you on Saturday I was finally figuring out my ski plan and hemming and hawing as I presented it to Andrew: 10 day pass at JHMR + strategic buying of day tickets (figure I have $1000 to spend on what I would have spent on my seasons pass so 4-5 more days) + Andrew's vouchers he will receive as a part time employee (5 I think- although blacked out at holiday) and then the rest backcountry days.
    His response was "nothing is fucked here" lol
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    AS DJ said we get 4 or 5 deep laps now instead of 7 or 8. With all the changes going on in the world I can accept that
    So don't let the issues take away from the greatness and hopefully it doesn't stop the mags from visiting us.
    ?
    Yup, still snows. Change be damned, Still epic and magical in your neck of the woods

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2433.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	975.8 KB 
ID:	425806

Name:	IMG_0537.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	425805

hopefully we see you both this winter
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I got my parking 'request' acceptance email today. Then a denied one for my duplicate entry.
    Now how/when can we pay? That's when I feel it's accomplished.
    Mrs. Suit says there was a payment link in the email, and you need to pay today. Sounds like it was a full on goatfuck to get the credit card info entered.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    hopefully we see you both this winter
    That’s the plan!

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Mrs. Suit says there was a payment link in the email, and you need to pay today. Sounds like it was a full on goatfuck to get the credit card info entered.
    I got the email and have pursued every route through it and have not gotten far. Uploaded CC info but that's it. Nothing on that page allows me to initiate payment.
    The company they hired to engineer this simple sale is undoubtedly a goatfuck.

Did not see anything requiring immediate payment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babybear, that was not me saying work more, I was suggesting work less. Unless you like the job you're in, which you appear to dig, then slip into bum mode.
    Not expecting this...

I got 3 emails yesterday from no reply parking, all together, 1-accepted, 2- invoice marked paid, and 3- receipt from Teton Village Association. I did wade through the payment process on day one, and sent an email to TVA saying I was having problems w the system- and had a duplicate application. Only got one email so seems like they cut that one out. I did perhaps express sympathy for the teething pains they were going through- a little good will never hurts. It was also the same CC used for the last 10 years so maybe they had that in the system.

No $10 discount for reusing my magnetic pass, but at this point with heart rate and blood pressure down, I'm calling it good. Never have I had such difficulty in parting with $1815 bucks.

Did buy a new Strafe kit online (Labor Day) closeout sale, 50% off. Took 15 seconds w Shopify.

Hoping for 7 lap pow days this year, never even broke out my new 115's last year- all 98, 106 and 108 days- First Tram to Last Call lets gooooooooo!
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

SG - pm'ed you my #, holla at me when you can and tell me how you did it.

Thanks Super G, appreciate the call.

I used your advice and was pleasant and sympathetic to their scene and her response was choice." Yer good, relax."

Signature worthy, Dj -

"Yer Good. relax "

I yurn for that Turn. !

Thank you, Dj.

skiJ

How about the smoke that just rolled into town, eh?
    Holy Smokes!

I think the smoke has killed the mosquitos though.

Wow, you are a king of silver linings!

BB happy to send buddy passes your way anytime to help that breakeven go a little higher

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Figuring out when to get out there this year. Missed it last year. Maybe first week in march maybe the week before?
    Decisions Decisions

^^^ #truth!!

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    ^^^ #truth!!
    Heh heh heh, youse guys are funny!

Ok, that was kinda reaching for something good. I was sitting out enjoying the smoky sunset just before rideit's post and noticed the lack of skeeters munching my legs.
    Then the smoke in my eyes was too much...
    Haven't had itchy smoke eyes in a while now. It seems to have pushed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Figuring out when to get out there this year. Missed it last year. Maybe first week in march maybe the week before?
    Yo BL, will be good to ski ya again, I was kinda jacked last time.
    Either of those weeks are usually fine, I'd maybe choose earlier over later but it's all very subjective, as you're aware.

Not sure if you've considered joining the euro BBI23, but you'd dig it and fit right into that crew of miscreants. Consider...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 09-11-2022 at 08:10 AM.

Lotsa dirt work going on at the vill right now. For those who don't already know, Corbet's cabin is slated to be replaced in the next coupla years with a much bigger building that covers all of the space behind it now.
    Likely further creating a tram exodus logjam.

This was the scene a few days ago:

Name:	villwork1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	426117
    I thought this guy got hung up but he's actually posting up to do a core sample right there.

Name:	villwork5.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	426118
    They said it took him a few hours to creep that thing up the hill.

Name:	villwork3.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	426119
    On the north side of the summit, they are building an observation deck proper. Because walking up to the summit is just too much for the waffle eaters.
    $8.25 for a waffle now and $5 for a bottle of water. Tell me there's no raping going on at the village.

Name:	villwork6.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	426120
    Egg Cartons rock is no more. Now it'll be the Egg Shell.
    Skier's left of T3...That rock spanned the width from the tower to T3 entry gate.
    They blasted off the worst knobs in '91. Hit the track cables with rocks; had to have a fresh gamma scan to see the micro damage from the granite chips.

This summer, they just jackhammered it apart. That rollover will change now, maybe a smoother transition. Try not to drill the slide for lifers.

Name:	villwork8.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	426121
    Base of new Thunder lift. It'll be one of those jacked as you get on (like the base of Teton lift) and Jacked as you get off. The exit will turn from the liftline towards Sublette and drop you facing that way... turn left or right immediately.

Name:	villwork9.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	935.0 KB 
ID:	426122

The Nut shack. I've maybe seen that thing used in 2 seasons. They sold drinks, burritos and snacks. Always busy. Another lost opportunity to make the vill mo bettah.

The lift tower installation is now about 3 weeks behind. Everything but the towers themselves are here.
    That's second hand but close to the scene.
    They can install all those towers in a morning.

Grateful I was able to ski it all those years before all the Mickey Mouse BS started occurring.

Name:	DBD8E751-347C-4749-8233-133F1C2729B8.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	730.4 KB 
ID:	426123

Damn, egg carton was the most consistent face shot on the mountain! Could even get one on hardpack! Too bad the current management thinks they can improve on perfect, which it was. But cutting in bird in the hand and smoothing the tram line etc, etc is just messing with gods hand!