Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Solid stokage all around!
    Pitted, bro.

Fortrees delivers! When I have to remind my husband of who my internet friends are, I always say- "thefortrees. remember that really f*cking good skier from Virginia" lol (i know you don't live there anymore)
    We'll be skiing this weekend and Mon so holler. and I have yet to ski with DJ this winter so assume he will be part of the mix (i feel like he might be visiting his dad in FL tho)

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    The rare "tilted backwards to make it seem LESS steep" shot!

Nice!!
    haha!
    are you doing a pass at JHMR these days UAN? or just touring?
    skid luxury

Kapow!……most excellent contributions…..thanks for sharing +++

Word to the wise re: Saturday at JHMR. The patrol says things are really thin...like tib/fib kinda thin. With 6000 plus tickets pre-sold I don't think they had much of a choice but to open mid level terrain. Staying on stuff the cats have packed initially may be a good call. Putting roofing/siding tin on your bases may also be a good call Will be nice to see some other views though.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Word to the wise re: Saturday at JHMR. The patrol says things are really thin...like tib/fib kinda thin. With 6000 plus tickets pre-sold I don't think they had much of a choice but to open mid level terrain. Staying on stuff the cats have packed initially may be a good call. Putting roofing/siding tin on your bases may also be a good call Will be nice to see some other views though.
    Thank you- good psa to keep it light on the feet and not trust a beautiful snow passage.... just yet

will we see you this w/e too or do we need to do on-mountain-bob-hunting to cross paths?
    skid luxury

I'm skiing around now. Finally finished out the last work projects for the year and just now getting my mojo back.

Been out about every other day, keeping it on the DL and trying to not get run over. Skiing's good but too close quartered. Opening new terrain will help.

I figured the higher terrain snow was getting deep. Plan on skiing and hanging with TFT this weekend and into early next week.
    Fly off to the land of the heat meiser on Tuesday, back on 29th but blacked out thru 1/2.

Back into the mix right after the new year. Might be skiing the king until then.

I'm back onto the first chair program so holler if yer out early.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 12-16-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    haha!
    are you doing a pass at JHMR these days UAN? or just touring?
    I'm 100% backcountry, which sometimes strikes me as funny when I stop to think: I used to ski 100-120 days (although sometimes in the context of a 200-day season) @ JHMR and now ... zero.

Doubt it's even a thing that anyone at the Village ever wonders why some die-hards stopped skiing there. Probably not even a thing.

I wouldn't refuse a free pass if anyone came upon one! I *always* have a blast skiing there/touring out the gates, even if getting out of the base tests my patience.

Anyone else notice the shit show up on the pass this morning ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pass shot.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	692.5 KB 
ID:	397057

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

Looks like the mountains have filled in nicely with the past few storms…..enjoy & be safe.
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Thank you- good psa to keep it light on the feet and not trust a beautiful snow passage.... just yet

will we see you this w/e too or do we need to do on-mountain-bob-hunting to cross paths?
    x3 on this. I (hopefully) learned my lesson a couple December's ago off of Teton Lift. Veered skiers left from the Kemmerer groomer about a third of the way down, into what looked like an open gap between the trees, only to ski right into a mostly covered 30" wide tree trunk which had fallen across the slope. double ejected, almost into a tree well and nearly lost a ski. Not sure how my legs were unbroken. Was a real eye opener to what we ski over later in the winter and take for granted.

Will be out with the missus tomorrow after ski school drop off, will keep an eye out for you kooks
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I may test a bum Achilles after 8:30 kid drop off tomorrow. Happy to meet folks but I’m taking it slow.

Should be back to “normal” for touring and village sliding in a week or two!

For those that have my number and want to make a lap shoot me a text. I’ll forget to check this.

Nice to see winter show up.

The 'Ghee was stellar again today. Sac. opens tomorrow morning.

Real deep at the Ghee this morning. DC had no wait once folks spread out. Did some storm skiing with Kevo yesterday. Solid start to my season.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Real deep at the Ghee this morning. DC had no wait once folks spread out. Did some storm skiing with Kevo yesterday. Solid start to my season.
    Great getting out with you yesterday. Man that was fun.

The past three days at the Ghee have been really, really good. Wednesday was DEEP. Yesterday afternoon filled back in during the storm and today was deep again. It's starting to feel like winter around here.

Worth noting that there are still some sharks at the Ghee- particularly on S facing terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Guess that explains why the gates are closed this weekend?

Well shit. Imagine that we know them, once names are released. Semi-new crew at the BT avy center now gets to investigate. Heartbreaking all around.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

I'm every day now except for a very quick flat land turn around over x mas. Should be with the Mrs for parts of both days this weekend...easier to look for me though...simple math tells me she has 64 potential jacket / pants combos.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Well shit. Imagine that we know them, once names are released. Semi-new crew at the BT avy center now gets to investigate. Heartbreaking all around.

Damn.

And I just saw this as well:

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    And I just saw this as well:

Well that sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

More and more folks getting after it in the Big Holes in the winter. Cydwhit and I were talking last season about how sketchy that snowpack can be on average. Very sad.

Went for a walk today. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-71-2.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	397199

Bit of a pay-off:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-41-2.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	397201

Targhee was very good yesterday, wasn't able to get in as much as I wanted to because of legs still being useless. Early season and I'm not used to skiing in that much powder. Did get some good runs off Blackfoot, didn't seem crowded over there at all.

Hey Good People!
    My kiddo really wants to go to the Village on Tuesday, but he doesn’t have any kind of a pass. (There is a…gasp…girl he likes!) Does anyone have any 1/2 offs or anything? We are a wee bit desperate. I can help folks in other ways…

Thanks in advance!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hey Good People!
    My kiddo really wasn’t to go to the Village on Tuesday, but he doesn’t have any kind of a pass. Does anyone have any 1/2 offs or anything? We are a wee bit desperate. I can help folks in other ways…

Thanks in advance!
    Yeah I got one, pm'ing you my digits

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.