Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Been finding some soft turns the last few days:

Attachment 401181

Attachment 401182
    Always bringing the stoke, thank you

x2

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Hey Schwerty I even unpacked my hikng stuff but have family in town and we'll be at the resort. Maybe next week?

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    You betcha! Around all week…as long as I don’t pick up Rona. Lemme know. I’ll probably be up at least one early morning and one lunch session. Probably a post mkt close at the village too.

Get well BB! Sorry to hear. Sounds like you got a mild case. Tons of folks we know are goin down!

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    You post a lot of A+ photography here but for some reason this one in particular is really speaking to me

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    You post a lot of A+ photography here but for some reason this one in particular is really speaking to me
    “For some reason” lol

How about “sweet line, FOMO kicking in, wish those were my turns”

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Awww Babybear sorry to hear. Hope the Rona leaves you unscathed.
    +1. Seems virtually unavoidable at this point.

Two of us have been backcountry skiing in the Tetons since the 80s, and the other two since the 90s.
    Do you still haze the newbies?? :-)

PS A belated happy birthday to you!

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Always bringing the stoke, thank you
    As always... it means something to me that it brings a bit of joy to peoples' lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    x2
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I'm so glad! Funny—this particular friend really doesn't like to wait, so I was scrambling even more than I usually do to find an angle and get my camera from deep in my pack. I got a bit lucky with framing and focus.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    “For some reason” lol

How about “sweet line, FOMO kicking in, wish those were my turns”
    My favorite shots are the ones where *I* get FOMO.... and I'm like "I was there!" Hah.

For real, though.... I like how a photo can have a similar affect on me—we've all had days/runs like the ones above, and a photo can transport us deep into our own memory banks!

Up, if I read between the earlier lines, you also have an Instagram account for these photos. Share your handle? Or, pm if you want to be underground. I can't find you.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    I'll definitely be bringing my skates next time I come out. Thanks for the good times everyone. These last 2 weeks were fantastic. The town and people here were great and I can't wait to come back. Glad I got a full cycle while here. Both in and out the gates had plenty to offer. Big thanks to Djongo for showing us some of his favorite runs and for taking time to share some brews. The crowds seemed mellow, the dog loved his local activities, and snow was great. Couldn't have asked for a better WY experience.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    great post - Thank you.

This is what I love about this community...
    Thank you, magg.s -

FknA. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Up, if I read between the earlier lines, you also have an Instagram account for these photos. Share your handle? Or, pm if you want to be underground. I can't find you.
    Sure thing!

Followed. Fkna.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

@upallnight, you crack me up.
    Two of us have been backcountry skiing in the Tetons since the 80s, and the other two since the 90s.

"Do you still haze the newbies?? :-)"

Sure I do, but I also mentor and teach them in many many years of avalanche classes (but don't show them my secret spots).

"PS A belated happy birthday to you!"
    Thank you!!! Hope to run across you in the hills some time.

And here's some stoke in blue:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220110_133214.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	998.7 KB 
ID:	401320
    Last edited by homemadesalsa; 01-15-2022 at 10:40 PM.

Nice day to be in the backcountry. 9000-10k W to NW had a nice supportable crust with a few inches of soft stuff, skied like spring corn almost, so nice. Here’s some landscape stoke. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9859.JPG 
Views:	130 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	401333Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9888.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	278.4 KB 
ID:	401334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9889.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	401335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9880.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	401336

Awww Babybear sorry to hear. Hope the Rona leaves you unscathed.

@Hutash did you and your buddy run into 4 ladies up at the top of Maverick on Thursday? That was us... we ski together every Thursday, more or less. Two of us have been backcountry skiing in the Tetons since the 80s, and the other two since the 90s.

Yeah, that was probably us. I didn't count the number of ladies, but I did notice a group. I was the devastatingly good looking older gentlemen

Wish somebody would have "change for a nickeled"

Sorry to hear about your 'rona b-bear. Hope it passes quickly, sounds like it will. We have a pool as to who will get 'rona first in our group, especially after hockey. It was easy to tell which of us were from California

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Is Covid still raging in Jackson or has it dropped?

One of the highest countywide infection rates in the country right now.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Followed. Fkna.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

@upallnight, you crack me up.

"Do you still haze the newbies?? :-)"
    Yes... I meant hazing your partners since the 90s! ;-)

Last time you and I ran into each other was, I think, on MTBs—I was heading into the Big Holes w/ Dan S, you were heading out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-141-4.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	401410Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-109-4.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	401411Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-89.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	401412

Hey everyone. I’ll be heading to Jackson with my wife and five year old later this week. We will mostly be tooling around the resort, but I’ll bring my bc gear with me. It sounds like the resort is pretty skied out right now, but let me know if anyone wants to catch a few laps or maybe I can squeeze in a backcountry day.

It sounds like half the town is out with C-19. Not surprised considering circumstances around town and on the mountain. I am shocked I haven't come down with it even though I was pretty careful, but it is rather difficult to drink beer at the Moose through a mask, so I had to let my guard down on occasion. I would place Utah and Montana slightly ahead of Wyoming, and a good bit ahead of Idaho, but way, way behind California and a bit behind Colorado regarding mask wearing and distancing.

I am starting to wonder if I had an asymptomatic course since I have spent the last three weeks in pretty much maskless states and am still on my feet. All that said, I've been having a great time visiting the Rocky Mountain states.

Fingers crossed.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    It sounds like half the town is out with C-19. Not surprised considering circumstances around town and on the mountain. I am shocked I haven't come down with it even though I was pretty careful, but it is rather difficult to drink beer at the Moose through a mask, so I had to let my guard down on occasion. I would place Utah and Montana slightly ahead of Wyoming, and a good bit ahead of Idaho, but way, way behind California and a bit behind Colorado regarding mask wearing and distancing.

I am starting to wonder if I had an asymptomatic course since I have spent the last three weeks in pretty much maskless states and am still on my feet. All that said, I've been having a great time visiting the Rocky Mountain states.

Fingers crossed.
    According to the cdc you have ten more days till you’re out of the woods.

Skied at Targhee on Friday and Saturday. Was thoroughly tracked out (nothing fresh) and anything off the groomers was rock hard. From what I understand the visibility and conditions were far from normal for here.

We had a Cat trip booked but they canceled due to lack of snow, so we spent two days on the slope instead of one day for each.
    Did hike up Mary's for a few stashes that were not ridden yet and it varied from a few inches of soft to frozen.

Had a good time on the fast, wide groomers. Food and live music at Trap Bar was great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220115_230321872.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	297.8 KB 
ID:	401618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220114_230544653.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	307.8 KB 
ID:	401619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220114_230539881.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	401620  

The village skied surprisingly well today, northern facing had chalked up some, thunder bumps pretty close to soft, parts of Hobacks wind buffed and chalky. Coulda been worse

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    The village skied surprisingly well today, northern facing had chalked up some, thunder bumps pretty close to soft, parts of Hobacks wind buffed and chalky. Coulda been worse

Plus walk on trams and no lift lines anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by stevied View Post
    Plus walk on trams

Got off the Stilson bus at 8:30. Didn’t see anyone on the dock. Thought maybe the tram was down for some reason ? Nope. Was third in line at 8:30 ! Walk on at 9, 5 minutes at 11:15.
    Was this because it was a blackout day ? Or snow conditions ? Guess we’ll find out today.

So the two guys in front of me were beeping. I wasn’t planning on going out first day, first run of the year but, hey, why not. Turns out this was first day, first run for them too. Firm but skiable.

Quote Originally Posted by m5d5cb View Post
    Skied at Targhee on Friday and Saturday. Was thoroughly tracked out (nothing fresh) and anything off the groomers was rock hard. From what I understand the visibility and conditions were far from normal for here.

We had a Cat trip booked but they canceled due to lack of snow, so we spent two days on the slope instead of one day for each.
    Did hike up Mary's for a few stashes that were not ridden yet and it varied from a few inches of soft to frozen.

Had a good time on the fast, wide groomers. Food and live music at Trap Bar was great.
    So that's what it looks like when you can see.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post

Got off the Stilson bus at 8:30. Didn’t see anyone on the dock. Thought maybe the tram was down for some reason ? Nope. Was third in line at 8:30 ! Walk on at 9, 5 minutes at 11:15.
    Was this because it was a blackout day ? Or snow conditions ? Guess we’ll find out today.
    First box is mostly just a thing on a powder day.... :^)