Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    ^^^^^^Wow.

That looks stellar, X.

Glad your getting after it, now's the time. I like december cold pow maybe the most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Trucker, I'll be around so let's connect. pm me

Great fucking day; tourists bailed PM today and it was good up top.

JHMR J-card system is fucked up, but even that couldn’t mess up the nice light pow.

Hey folks-

Just letting you know that the Teton Backcountry Alliance got the Beacon Park installed in Coal Creek today.

We're having three rescue clinics there in January- the 4, 11, and 18. More info here: https://tetonbackcountryalliance.org...afety-clinics/
    Last edited by homemadesalsa; 12-31-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Freakin great day today again. Cold, which was probably because we didn’t get our crap quite dried out from yesterday, but the snow was great. EWG Jr brought his day to an early end with a bad landing on a front flip off sublette ridge, and he gingerly skied to the base with all of us early afternoon - though powder turns the whole way (though it was a bit hunt and peck to find them). His calves are killing him. Some of us kept going (which is good parenting if you ask me) back up the gondi, then over to Casper to check that out. Still found remnants over there end of day in some of DJs little stashes.

Snow up top was fantastic. Even mid afternoon. Little air landings were so soft. Big air landings less so apparently. If anyone saw the spectacular air to tomahawk right under the sublette lift that was my kid. The lift was highly entertained. And that was before he fucked up his feet.

Trying to decide if we should go get him x rayed but he says he’s ok. And he’s an adult so he can make his own decisions I guess, but the boy is having a hard time walking.

Im hoping it’s a day off and then back at it.

Anyway, great day, great snow, no lines - freakin awesome.

I don’t wanna jinx myself, but due to some flight jockeying I’ll actually be in tomorrow afternoon instead of Sunday. Will be out for some late afternoon laps!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    We try to come back for a week or 2 between my wife’s semesters. I am probably out for Saturday, I promised a buddy to go help dog out his place in Thayne. Let me know if you are around longer. We should be here until next Thursday or so.

Ah, we’re headed out on Sunday for a bit. I’ll catch you next time.

Btw, it was deeeeep today.

Somebody had a bad time on the road between Driggs and Victor early afternoon. I hope it wasn't any of you and that everyone is alright. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0014.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	383.8 KB 
ID:	399154

This is the time of year there're a lot of hanging fenders and crunched front ends from snow banks and ungulates. OTOH skiing at the 'Ghee was excellent sporty, but excellent. A free refill day for sure.

How does having an Ikon work at JH?
    I know a reservation is required, but then does one have to stop at a ticket window in Teton Village or can one process directly to lifts?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    How does having an Ikon work at JH?
    I know a reservation is required, but then does one have to stop at a ticket window in Teton Village or can one process directly to lifts?
    You can go direct to lift with the reservation

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    However we do not have a Mtn Collective Pass.... there is no mention of how to redeem for non-Collective Pass Resort season pass holders.
    Curious what happened here... Was a resy required?

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Some light stoke. The low hanging fruit has been just fine this week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPTempDownload 2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	921.5 KB 
ID:	399308

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Curious what happened here... Was a resy required?

Nope. All she did was bring her ghee season pass to the ticket office. No reservations needed. This was for a pass holder at a collective resort (not an actual MtnCollective Pass).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Nope. All she did was bring her ghee season pass to the ticket office. No reservations needed. This was for a pass holder at a collective resort (not an actual MtnCollective Pass).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet thanks good to know

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Bring the stoke! I’m headed out your way a week from tomorrow, and meeting up with hutash and LBSkier for skiing the village and the park or pass. If any of you fine degenerates want to link for some turns, let’s do it. It’ll be one of two trips for me, so looking forward to skiing with the local maggotry. Think snow!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm gonna spend the week getting in shape to turn with you mags. Fully expect to connect and have a great sesh.
    Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm gonna spend the week getting in shape to turn with you mags. Fully expect to connect and have a great sesh.
    Looking forward to it!
    Hell yah! We can make up for the time we weren’t able to connect a few years back. I believe I still have your number.

I’ll be happy to get out and turn with you guys. Enough of the sidelines for village skiing!

I’m gonna try to get back on skis this week. Likely on Weds if any westsiders are around. I’ll likely be slower than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Bring the stoke! I’m headed out your way a week from tomorrow, and meeting up with hutash and LBSkier for skiing the village and the park or pass. If any of you fine degenerates want to link for some turns, let’s do it. It’ll be one of two trips for me, so looking forward to skiing with the local maggotry. Think snow!!
    Oryguns finest crashing the party

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I’ll be happy to get out and turn with you guys. Enough of the sidelines for village skiing!

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Oryguns finest crashing the party

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I’m gonna try to get back on skis this week. Likely on Weds if any westsiders are around. I’ll likely be slower than normal.
    Got out for some laps this morning - it was a little wind whipped but very tasty. If the storm hits tonight like they are saying I will most likely be snowed in tomorrow, but if I can make it over the hill I will give you a shout.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

South facing slopes at about 9k skied very well. Ridge line down about 1/4 of the way was building some wind slabs, skiing got better as we got lower. Wind was almost straight from the south. Keep an eye on these slopes as this next storm comes. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9805.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	399599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9792.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	399600

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Does anybody know how Ikon reservation days work? Or, more to the point how to cancel a day? With any luck and favorable road conditions I will be in town this Monday to ski Tuesday and Wednesday (possibly Thursday). Wife and friends will be there all the following week, which I made reservations for, but would like to use some of those days for next week. Ikon site won't let me make reservations since I used up my seven days. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    are you guys just skiing the next couple days? skied today but am working the next 4 days- rats!
    love skiing with your gang. maybe I can catch the Mr & Mrs Hutash this w/e?
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    are you guys just skiing the next couple days? skied today but am working the next 4 days- rats!
    love skiing with your gang. maybe I can catch the Mr & Mrs Hutash this w/e?
    The good doctor is already there, I think? I won't arrive until a week from today. LBskier will be there then, too. Let's rip!