Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Only took 2 pics today. One for my brother, "here's why we talk later, not now." And the other is Lucky dog with @zion zig zag 's ski pole. Too deep for the dog today, really. He floundered a bit, and he's a burly boi. Can't get enough right now...

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Note worthy: about half of the lifts were shut down today...the other half ran on reserve power. On hill food was mostly closed.
    Electrical issue withing the resort's system. Guys working at large metal boxes still looked befudled at days end.
    At one point the only lift pulling people out of the base was the Tram. The only other lifts running we’re up higher.

If they don’t get it sorted tonight it could be an interesting morning.

Alright you devil dogs, I'm back in the fold, even if I'm still on the bench. Coach is giving me the eye and I think he's gonna put me in the game on Monday.

Anyone interested in a get together this Saturday evening?

Strictly casual beers and whatnot, with an open mind towards personal preferences regarding mask and distance.

I've got plenty of space in the big garage, heat and room to park yer fanny. Let's connect for a few and say hey. Holla here or PM me.

I prayed for lots of snow while I was in heat meiser land and methinks it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    At one point the only lift pulling people out of the base was the Tram. The only other lifts running we’re up higher.

If they don’t get it sorted tonight it could be an interesting morning.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640872433.664508.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	465.6 KB 
ID:	398794
    Looks promising

Yeah.
    Damn.

If they can keep the chairs running, it could be an excellent day. Winds gonna blow or scare off most peeps quick. Dress warm for many sick laps of windbuffed pow pow.

Seek the leeward slope/side and reap the drifts, be deeper.

Watch for the snow blowing upwards while Sublette goes over the rock band, magic I say.

I'd race to get high (up) and then roll quad/thunder until a tram lap comes due.
    And the tram rides are gonna be great today with that wind and light loads.

Damn.

Almost 8 am and 25 people total in all liftlines combined.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Only took 2 pics today. One for my brother, "here's why we talk later, not now." And the other is Lucky dog with @zion zig zag 's ski pole. Too deep for the dog today, really. He floundered a bit, and he's a burly boi. Can't get enough right now...

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    It was good skiing for sure!

I’m starting to scratch my head as to why I bot the blackout pass. I truly thought I’d be looking at these webcams from Xmas through ny laughing at the sea of people. Stoked for you folks that picked up the full pass. Thankfully we have plenty of options in the Tetons!

DJ - I’d love to see ya but can’t make it sat. Meet up on the hill next week or maybe start a fire after turning.

Damn DJ- a gathering sounds pretty awesome but given the weather conditions I think we will hunker down in Swan Valley with a hot toddy or 2. I will toast you from afar. Might venture over to Victor/Driggs later in the week if the weather breaks for a few pass laps and a beer if anyone wants to toast in the new year.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I’m starting to scratch my head as to why I bot the blackout pass. I truly thought I’d be looking at these webcams from Xmas through ny laughing at the sea of people. Stoked for you folks that picked up the full pass
    Ditto! My own daughters outsmarted me.

Never accept blackout dates, it’s a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yeah.
    Damn.

If they can keep the chairs running, it could be an excellent day. Winds gonna blow or scare off most peeps quick. Dress warm for many sick laps of windbuffed pow pow.

Seek the leeward slope/side and reap the drifts, be deeper.

Watch for the snow blowing upwards while Sublette goes over the rock band, magic I say.

I'd race to get high (up) and then roll quad/thunder until a tram lap comes due.
    And the tram rides are gonna be great today with that wind and light loads.

Damn.

Almost 8 am and 25 people total in all liftlines combined.
    Well, everything DJ said was right on, as usual. Great laps as he described. Rode soft till mid afternoon when Mrs EWG and I decided to save a little of our legs for tomorrow. EWG jrs kept going to the bell. Idiot EWG jr was launching off crap in Paint Brush and pillow lines all day. Soft enough that even I with old knees was jumping off (small) stuff. What a day.

No lines for 3 days so far (except Thunder today with sub closed, and even that wasn’t bad). Hopefully you got your mountain back JH mags…

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Ditto! My own daughters outsmarted me.
    My daughters are giving me shot too! At the time, I felt there was no reason to give the village any more cash. Oh well. Still plenty of good snow outside the f the village

According to a Snow crew/maker friend there was a cable that needed replacement between a couple of boxes. They (snow crew)hand dug to the ground (too bad it wasn't a couple weeks ago) for 500 ft to get it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Never accept blackout dates, it’s a given.
    Well, we chose them, not actually accepted them. If that even matters.

But I suspect for the same reason as many more locals than usual.
    The past 3 years have gotten overloaded more over the holidays than before, by a noticeably higher margin of impact.
    Even last year with the highest restrictions, it was a crazy oversold clusterfuck over the holidays.
    So grand Bypass holders like me were betting on an equal or greater cluster because more peeps are traveling this year.

Essentially, you're not wrong though.

This was probably my first ever blacked out pass iirc.
    A big family Christmas out of town factored into me buying the bypass as well.

With ikon being blacked out and costing more for jh, they're out. Fair weather skiers are out until tomorrow this weekend.
    Most of the west has snow to some degree and the pnw, Nrockys are filling up fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty then, we'll hopefully see the teleees sometime this winter.
    Schwerty- text me when your turning, i'll meet ya wherever. gonna get back on the daily here asap...Let's get Koko in on some laps too - yo!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" What a Day"

- EWG

That's music to my ears. Missing today is less painful knowing you guys were busting it out. Stoked your kids went all in. That's money.

Keep bringin the daily reports mag.

Glad to see xtine, the Suits, teleee, wstdeep, HMS, 3Z and Lucky D.in here.
    That pup does look a little bit humbled...Glad your maxing out the goodness, mo pics plez.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Damn DJ- a gathering sounds pretty awesome but given the weather conditions I think we will hunker down in Swan Valley with a hot toddy or 2. I will toast you from afar. Might venture over to Victor/Driggs later in the week if the weather breaks for a few pass laps and a beer if anyone wants to toast in the new year.

I thought you were in CO for the winter? I may be down for a pass lap Saturday pending my wife’s plans.

Anti covid hitch hiking recommendation's. This article is relevant. Bottom line The best protection is open all windows. If that is too cold, sit in the back seat and open the front passenger and rear driver side windows, creating a "wind screen" between the driver and the back seat. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/19/car-...ion-study.html

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I thought you were in CO for the winter? I may be down for a pass lap Saturday pending my wife’s plans.
    We try to come back for a week or 2 between my wife’s semesters. I am probably out for Saturday, I promised a buddy to go help dog out his place in Thayne. Let me know if you are around longer. We should be here until next Thursday or so.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Name:	Image1640966509.093657.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	398995 Good times with my daughter and my buddy. Her 1st time in JH. Great conditions all over.

Some chill meadow skipping laps. Everything is good right now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9629.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	399023

Does anybody know how Ikon reservation days work? Or, more to the point how to cancel a day? With any luck and favorable road conditions I will be in town this Monday to ski Tuesday and Wednesday (possibly Thursday). Wife and friends will be there all the following week, which I made reservations for, but would like to use some of those days for next week. Ikon site won't let me make reservations since I used up my seven days. Any help would be appreciated.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Never mind, I found a cancellation button and just had to reapply for my wife on the day I canceled. Not exactly a smooth system, but I managed.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/the_h...aff74bd6a.html

Fuck. Sad data on the tourists that ducked up your valley.

I member the embraer turbo props with barely any women on board. Lately I see fur coats and fake cowboy gear. Not to mention the changes on the hill.

Psyched for the less crowded slopes this year. Hope it stays that way.

2022 for the win?
    . . .

I'm flying 2x month and noticed a lot of those flying into JAC are second (more likely 3rd or 4th) homeowners. If you look closely you'll notice the Shooting Star or 3 Creek apparel. And if you look too closely, Delta makes you deplane.

Pumped for my little Jackson getaway. Leaving the shit show of Tahoe tomorrow and I'll be skiing village, targhee and the pass for 2 weeks starting Monday. Hope to meet up with some mags, at the bar or on the hill. I have orange factions with squaw stickers, just ask for change. Hope I can add to the already stellar snow reports in this thread.

4 Time Balboa Open Champion

So I rolled up at 8:30 and still got second box. Unreal on a pow day. When the doors opened, more snowboarders downloading, meaning they got first box just to go back down? Hardcore tourism. I guess more pow for us. It was beautiful all over. Finally got to ride down Bird and it seemed opened up, the grooming wasn’t as bad as I thought, thankfully. Popped down Altas and it was so smooth. Even though I overheard people saying “south faces are bad” I dropped down South Colter Ridge and that shit was UNTOUCHED at 10am. Unreal, all for myself. Enjoying these times before it actually gets busy. Get after it, everyone.

Name:	E1347E9C-DF7E-43E8-BD3F-7DA83449B23B.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	399040