Page 18 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Pow Day!
    I like the fitting tribute!

Heading out for some post work runs with my son in a few, can't wait.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Pow Day!
    Today was like an old-timey January day. Fuckton of new snow and a non-fuckton of people on the hill. So fun!

Cracky in the hinterlands today. Remote triggering thin soft slabs in 30+ terrain, widespread and touchy. We bet that the pass would close while we were out there, and looks like they're going to shoot at noon tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Oh and thanks @wstdeep for the clarifications. Most helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Cracky in the hinterlands today. Remote triggering thin soft slabs in 30+ terrain, widespread and touchy.
    I saw that inbounds at the Village this morning. A couple steep wind loaded pockets in Liquor Cabinet, so south facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The good doctor is already there, I think? I won't arrive until a week from today. LBskier will be there then, too. Let's rip!
    That sounds awesome and thank you for not saying "reading comprehension jong" :P

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I just rolled into town this PM and will be on the hill tomorrow and Wednesday before heading to BS and Bozeman, but will be back Sunday.

Babt Bear, sorry I won't get to make turns with you, but put me on your dance card next week. Maybe drinks with you and the hubby tomorrow or Wednesday?

Let's fine some art time next week as well.
    I'm not working at the art place anymore! My benefactor passed away so I have a new gig. but hopefully I can fill you in on the chairlift next week

Pow Day!
    nice! I was thinking we needed to say that more in honor of Stephen
    skid luxury

Cracky in the hinterlands today. Remote triggering thin soft slabs in 30+ terrain, widespread and touchy. We bet that the pass would close while we were out there, and looks like they're going to shoot at noon tomorrow.

We had the exact same results today out of Stateline., quite a few shallow pockets releasing remotely. Gonna get spooky with more snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple hours ago:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled-60-6.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	399872

Name:	untitled-61-6.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	399873

Name:	untitled-62-2.jpg 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	399874

Sick pics UaN, as always. Deeeeeeeeeeeeep powpow.
    Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    great shots!
    Thank you both!

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    A couple hours ago:

Name:	untitled-60-6.jpg 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	399872

Name:	untitled-62-2.jpg 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	399874
    looks ok. I guess

skid luxury

Pow Day!
    Got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    looks ok. I guess

Comme ci, comme ça.

Had to push/dig 3 stuck cars out as penance.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    A couple hours ago:

[

[]
    This needs to be posted in the pole strap tech talk thread
    . . .

First tracks in the Bowl was it's own special kinda event today. Gale force winds and heavy snow made for 2 turn whiteout conditions. Epic way to start the day.

Got 3rd trax into steep steps in Cheyenne woods until some big rockage pulled a ski off. Damn, steep, deep light pow...the kind ya wallow in to move uphill; luckily my ski was only 2 steps away.

Met up with Thefortrees' buds and rolled out a ropeline run down the south Hoback for the win. Pretty much untracked all the way down in knee-waistdeep wind deposit. That wind comes downcanyon from Pucker ridgeline and drops it onto the hobacks.
    Run of the day fosho.
    Hit Pepi's on my 2nd lap which only had a few tracks to Alta1. Freshies down the ridge in kneedeep tree sifted light blower.
    Damn fine quality skiing at the vill today.

And yeah, that lull after the holidays feeling, I missed that.

First tracks in the Bowl was it's own special kinda event today. Gale force winds and heavy snow made for 2 turn whiteout conditions. Epic way to start the day.

Got 3rd trax into steep steps in Cheyenne woods until some big rockage pulled a ski off. Damn, steep, deep light pow...the kind ya wallow in to move uphill; luckily my ski was only 2 steps away.

Met up with Thefortrees' buds and rolled out a ropeline run down the south Hoback for the win. Pretty much untracked all the way down in knee-waistdeep wind deposit. That wind comes downcanyon from Pucker ridgeline and drops it onto the hobacks.
    Run of the day fosho.
    Hit Pepi's on my 2nd lap which only had a few tracks to Alta1. Freshies down the ridge in kneedeep tree sifted light blower.
    Damn fine quality skiing at the vill today.

And yeah, that lull after the holidays feeling, I missed that.
    GODDAMMIT! I need to ski with you, my man... you're speakin' my language.

Let’s do it again tomorrow. I am also looking for recommendations to go xc skiing with the pup on the Jackson side of things.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Help a Wyoming roads jong...I an supposed to be going over the pass tomorrow and head up to Bozeman to ski couple days with LBski and Hoarhey, then pick up my lovely wife at Bozeman airport on Sunday before heading back to JH. sounds like they are closing the pass tomorrow for avi mitigation, so how does one plan around such things?

To be honest these are just not issues in CA. BTW, I am driving a 4matic, which handles snowy roads just fine, but is not a 4x4 truck, snow drift busting, mean machine.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Most likely you will go down Hoback Canyon to Alpine, and then head to IF and points north from there.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

hutash, the pass closure is reported to begin at 12pm tomorrow as reported on Idaho 511

Name:	Image1641442651.285542.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	496.4 KB 
ID:	399886

^^^^^
    The best thing you could do is delay for a day. Ski tomorrow. Let the brunt of the storm hit while you're skiing and the pass is closed. Then pull out late day or in the friday am.

Wyoroad.info is where ya wanna search.

Right now it says avy blasting to start at noon. I'd be driving up by 11:15 at the latest.

Go either via ID 31/ US 26 from Victor towards swan valley/Idaho falls then north on US 20 to West Yellowstone, then north on 191 to Bozeman.

Or, go through Victor and Driggs and take ID 33 to the junction with US 20 North to W. Yello.

511 idaho.gov helps with possible road closures .

For people commuting down to Pinedale area tomorrow evening the Hoback River Canyon will be closing at 6pm tomorrow evening as well for mitigation work.

Help a Wyoming roads jong...I an supposed to be going over the pass tomorrow and head up to Bozeman to ski couple days with LBski and Hoarhey, then pick up my lovely wife at Bozeman airport on Sunday before heading back to JH. sounds like they are closing the pass tomorrow for avi mitigation, so how does one plan around such things?

To be honest these are just not issues in CA. BTW, I am driving a 4matic, which handles snowy roads just fine, but is not a 4x4 truck, snow drift busting, mean machine.
    I know they are saying closure at noon but the way the forecast is looking I would either get over the pass early or delay the trip a day and ski here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Great, thanks for all the info. There is a reason I hang out with all you degenerates

Waiting on flight info to see if LBski even makes it out after today's flight was canceled. I doubt flights to Bozeman are get high priority for flight crews and jets right now.

Anybody know how flights into Jackson are doing?

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

All this talk of driving Jackson to Bozeman...

Great, thanks for all the info. There is a reason I hang out with all you degenerates

Waiting on flight info to see if LBski even makes it out after today's flight was canceled. I doubt flights to Bozeman are get high priority for flight crews and jets right now.

Anybody know how flights into Jackson are doing?
    My buddy flying direct from Newark had his flight canceled on Tuesday due to staffing shortages, his other flight was delayed by weather. I agree with you, that flights to Jackson or Bozeman or other “low traffic” airports get lower priority compared to SLC or Denver so it’s a crap shoot. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums