Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1640
    Make that Saturday October 15th at the Koko place for all who want to raise a glass or whatever else to Ullr. Editing above

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I will have some skis to sacrifice as burnt offerings.
    And maybe some mag swag...

eta: I hear ya on the new thread. I'm happy to put up something if no one else is jonesing for a new author. Otherwise, I'm thinking later into October; Letitsnow first.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 10-02-2022 at 09:31 PM.

Nice DJ, Whatever it takes to get the La Nina that dumps

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Nice to see some snow on the peaks! Saturday Oct 15, the Koko's would like to host you for a fire and asado offering to Ullr. At our house just up the street from the Aspens. Fire starts at 4pm, meat starts when the coals are ready. All mags welcome, SO's close to required, kids welcome too though after dark all bets off.

Bring meat, veggies or anything else you want to cook on open coals. We'll put up some elk sirloin, some beer and whisky and see what else we can conjure up from EC Ullr Fests past.

Give a holler here if you can come and what you can offer up. Pm me for addy.
    So tempted to try to find a plane ticket....

But Mrs. MNIAW would skin me alive. She is hosting her former coworkers/friends from the 'cuse that weekend and I have to play pool boy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    So tempted to try to find a plane ticket....

But Mrs. MNIAW would skin me alive. She is hosting her former coworkers/friends from the 'cuse that weekend and I have to play pool boy.
    Just get ‘em a bowl, a joint, and some edibles and they won’t even realize you aren’t there.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Make that Saturday October 15th at the Koko place for all who want to raise a glass or whatever else to Ullr. Editing above

DAMN! If it was a few weeks later (I will be on the Idaho side, Schwerety come over and lets chuck some streamers) and it wasn’t my anniversary I would be there!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Just get ‘em a bowl, a joint, and some edibles and they won’t even realize you aren’t there.
    Lulz.

Shenanigans from the final East Coast Ullr Fest.....

Do any of you have an opinion on which direction it's more common for planes to takeoff and land at JAC? I'd like to maximize my chances of seeing the Tetons when I fly in and out and trying to decide which side of the airplane I should sit on to maximize my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Do any of you have an opinion on which direction it's more common for planes to takeoff and land at JAC? I'd like to maximize my chances of seeing the Tetons when I fly in and out and trying to decide which side of the airplane I should sit on to maximize my chances.
    Most of my flights (about 8-10 per year)seem to come in from the north. Those are mostly in the summer months so take that for what its worth.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Most of my flights (about 8-10 per year)seem to come in from the north. Those are mostly in the summer months so take that for what its worth.
    Thanks. I'm fully confident that whatever side I pick will be the wrong side.

Thanks. I'm fully confident that whatever side I pick will be the wrong side.
    Hey that is my luck as well!

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

I seem to remember my flights dropping in from the South, and taking off heading to the North. I also remember that season when 3 planes skidded off the runway heading North on landing. Anyway, you could watch the flightradar24 app for a while to get some real data.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1665156934.518427.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	697.5 KB 
ID:	429030
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

They always come in from the north.
    Unless the wind is really odd.

Pick the right side of the plane.

It’s POSH rules. Just like steamships.
    . . .

I saw a noise abatement document that said the preferred departure runway is runway 19, so that's to the south. It also says planes should take an immediate 45 degree lefthand turn to avoid the residential area, so that view could be pretty limited.

I saw a noise abatement document that said the preferred departure runway is runway 19, so that's to the south. It also says planes should take an immediate 45 degree lefthand turn to avoid the residential area, so that view could be pretty limited.
    Prevailing winds are from the southwest, so arrivals usually approach from the north and departures leave to the south. The super-amazing jackpot view is from the right side of the plane on a normal arrival from the north. Weather often fucks it up, but I've probably flown into Jackson 100 times and that view never gets old.

On departure the right side of the plane gets a great view of the ski hill and my house. They both go by pretty quickly and planes get right up and out after takeoff, so the departure view is much less of a big deal.

There's cool stuff to see in every direction, so get a window even if it's not on the right side of the plane.

Thanks. I'll try to sit on the right side both coming and going.

Thanks. I'll try to sit on the right side both coming and going.
    regardless of how you go with the right side teton view lottery, you’ll likely fly over some really cool mountains : gros ventre, snake, wind river depending on your route. most phone topo mapping apps will pick up a gps signal in airplane mode, I love having topo maps open and a gps dot telling me which peaks and lakes I’m flying over.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    regardless of how you go with the right side teton view lottery, you’ll likely fly over some really cool mountains : gros ventre, snake, wind river depending on your route. most phone topo mapping apps will pick up a gps signal in airplane mode, I love having topo maps open and a gps dot telling me which peaks and lakes I’m flying over.
    I'm obsessive with this, too. I always want to know exactly what I'm looking at out the airplane window.

I'm obsessive with this, too. I always want to know exactly what I'm looking at out the airplane window.
    Where are you flying in from? Flights from Denver often fly over the Wind River Range, then Togwotee Pass and down the Buffalo Valley into Jackson Hole. You’re at altitude for much of that so it’s not “spectacular” like the approach with the Tetons looming over you, but it’s fun to track.

Dang. Thai me Up is RIP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Where are you flying in from? Flights from Denver often fly over the Wind River Range, then Togwotee Pass and down the Buffalo Valley into Jackson Hole. You’re at altitude for much of that so it’s not “spectacular” like the approach with the Tetons looming over you, but it’s fun to track.
    From Seattle.

Got a round trip using just 15k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Dang. Thai me Up is RIP as well.
    Saw that, too. Nora's, too. Le sad.

I'll miss them both - they were my go-tos every time I was in town.

TMU is going in favor of more condos. Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Prevailing winds are from the southwest, so arrivals usually approach from the north and departures leave to the south. The super-amazing jackpot view is from the right side of the plane on a normal arrival from the north. Weather often fucks it up, but I've probably flown into Jackson 100 times and that view never gets old.

On departure the right side of the plane gets a great view of the ski hill and my house. They both go by pretty quickly and planes get right up and out after takeoff, so the departure view is much less of a big deal.

There's cool stuff to see in every direction, so get a window even if it's not on the right side of the plane.
    Typical arrival from SLC is left downwind for runway 18 (prevailing winds typically come from the south ish). That means your plane flys north along the east side of JAC, not up against the Tetons, but closer to the Sleeping Indian (Sheep Mountain)and comes around Blacktail Butte and in from the north. Choose a seat on the left side of the plane to see the southern Tetons (Village) inbound. Choose a seat on the right side to see the northern Tetons (Moran) on the final approach.

More cowbell!!!

Locally we could see the TMU closure coming though since Melvin Brewing was acquired by Roadhouse Brewery recently and they already have the Roadhouse restaurant right around the corner.
    We go to TMU probably once a month or so. I liked it but it's nothing to write home about and they no longer played old school ski movies on the TV's

AD- when are you visiting? the weather has been primo lately and looks to stay that way in the 10 day forecast

ps on your wife's behalf I beg of you to not point out and make her look at every mountain, lake etc you see on the flights in and out of Jackson
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    AD- when are you visiting? the weather has been primo lately and looks to stay that way in the 10 day forecast

ps on your wife's behalf I beg of you to not point out and make her look at every mountain, lake etc you see on the flights in and out of Jackson
    Wednesday through Saturday. Yes, weather looks great. Sounds like there's still a chance for some colder weather, but I'm not seeing any indication of rain or snow after Wednesday morning.

My wife can't make the trip due to work, so I'll be solo and won't bother the person sitting next to me on the flight