Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1640
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Just between the 3 of us...I laughed.
    Ha! Crusty old phucks!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Ha! Crusty old phucks!
    Honestly, I didn't even get it at first. Then it dawned on me.

How's things skiing these days? Coming in tonight from an AK trip (tr to follow)and still pretty psyched on skiing. Coal creek exit filled back in?

Plus a bump to get us back up on the front page.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    How's things skiing these days? Coming in tonight from an AK trip (tr to follow)and still pretty psyched on skiing. Coal creek exit filled back in?

welcome back, hope you had a great trip! skiing between 8500-10,500 was good powder this weekend but will change with the warm temps this week. don't know about coal creek, snow in the valley for park access/egress is still hanging on but may go quick with the warm week ahead

Last second decision this morning was to buy the full Grand pass.

$1715 cha ching.

Just got the Grand for me and grand bypass for Mrs K. For those with kiddos in seasonal programs, you can reserve and pay for (joy joy) their spaces now, along with the $299 season passes (more for teens). It was a junk show last fall. First time I have seen them do it this way
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I didn't experience a melted-out Coal Creek exit — can confirm it was solid today.

Skiing today was pretty mixed. Few good turns but mostly a grab bag on every turn: supportable crust, breakable crust, dry powder (a few turns) and (a few turns) 1-2" of sun-softened snow on a firm base.

If I'd been able to wait another hour I think it would still have been mixed but less breakable crust and more sun-softened stuff.

Saturday on the Pass was pretty fantastic all day; Sunday was amazing before the warm-up. Seemed like the storm was VERY localized — Raymer plot didn't register much of anything.

Thanks friends for the beta. I'll start with a mid-morning Targhee lap tomorrow if anyone wants to join. And we did a Taylor east face lap on April 8 before we left, right by the little spring, the coal creek exit was one ski wide! Very sporty! But then it snowed almost the whole 2 weeks we were gone.

Anyone know when the spring sale ends?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Anyone know when the spring sale ends?

May 31...

My information is that there is some potential to sell out earlier than usual as well.
    Not to scare anyone into hurrying tho.
    The quota for passes the past 2 years was only capped after the spring sale; in other words they would have sold an uncapped amount for the early sale, then only sell so many after that. Now they may only sell so many spring passes.

10 day passes are most popular with Grand passes close behind in units sold. Not so many RPK passes.

I still think the grand Bypass and a Targhee pass is the phat dialed plan, ($$).
    All the deepest days in the lift served Tetons.

I’m torn between the Grand and Grand Bypass.

After doing the math it doesn’t even make sense to get the Targhee pass either way as you can get ~$60 tickets with the Mountain Collective 50% discount. It would take a lot of days to have that equal $900 for Targhee’s early bird pass and I don’t see myself skiing there even 10 days total.

Fack, I hate having to make these decisions while the season is still rolling 3hrs south. Also, what happened to the pay half now half later that was offered for the 20/21 season (disclaimer: I know what). Requiring people to pony up the full price now is fucked.

What’d the RPK go up from last season? $1950 to $2110? Not many people I know living round these parts got an 8% wage increase over the past year. How many years can that sort of thing go on before the compounding rate increase prices people out. Maybe a question for a different thread.

Anyways, sorry for the derailment. I’ll shut up now

After doing the math it doesn’t even make sense to get the Targhee pass either way as you can get ~$60 tickets with the Mountain Collective 50% discount. It would take a lot of days to have that equal $900 for Targhee’s early bird pass and I don’t see myself skiing there even 10 days total.

Fack, I hate having to make these decisions while the season is still rolling 3hrs south. Also, what happened to the pay half now half later that was offered for the 20/21 season (disclaimer: I know what). Requiring people to pony up the full price now is fucked.

What’d the RPK go up from last season? $1950 to $2110? Not many people I know living round these parts got an 8% wage increase over the past year. How many years can that sort of thing go on before the compounding rate increase prices people out. Maybe a question for a different thread.

Methinks you should do the Grand bypass and think of the $425 savings as 7 free days at Targhee

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Who has any damn money in Jackson come spring? Everybody working in The Valley makes their coin in the summer.

The secret is Mary Kate doesn’t want you to buy a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    The secret is Mary Kate doesn’t want you to buy a pass.
    Although not really a secret, and that sentiment didn't originate with her, you are indeed correct.
    She just filled the Jerry gap when the Kemmerer's/mgmnt. decided to get tight and nickel and dime everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Who has any damn money in Jackson come spring? Everybody working in The Valley makes their coin in the summer.
    Yup. And although that changed from the original august sale some years back now, they made it easier when the spring sale started. Like $100 down and pay off by November.
    Then half up front and now full boat up front.

So long as they have a capacity crowd, regardless of pass prices, it'll continue to go up.

JH is not huge, it has a max capacity. If they genuinely cut the crowds back so it resembles days gone by and isn't jacked to the gills, even on shite days, I'll pay more.

That's my rationale. I still value the skiing highly here and can make it happen. Maybe I gotta work a few weekends extra to cover my pass, parking and gear. No sweat.

It's when we compare it to other places, or the past, that it seems so tough to swallow.

Just close your eyes and see yourself ducking the far drift rope into 28" of light windfluffed dreams. Then down to the hobacks for 800 turns of kneedeeps.
    That's good livin' right there.

Thanks friends for the beta. I'll start with a mid-morning Targhee lap tomorrow if anyone wants to join. And we did a Taylor east face lap on April 8 before we left, right by the little spring, the coal creek exit was one ski wide! Very sporty! But then it snowed almost the whole 2 weeks we were gone.

I never experienced a single-ski-width out track from Taylor.... but the last bunch of times (including Monday) there are some mandatory log crossings. I still consider it easily skiable.... assuming you hop over the logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    It's when we compare it to other places, or the past, that it seems so tough to swallow.

comparison to other places or the JH of old is easy (and maybe unfavorable).

seems like you hit the real point: is today's product worth the cost? hard to beat JH for both inbounds and out-of-bounds terrain and conditions on a good day/in a good season... or even in a moderate one. Access aside (traffic, congestion at the base) once on the mountain it's hard not to have

Yeah. But it does suck.

So many ski bums of yore worked all summer to make the august purchase date. April discount is fucked. It favors the rich.

Progress. I guess. Or just cash flow for the resorts.

Apparently my aunt and uncle have a house in the same community as the Kemmerer’s in Florida, and have had dinner with them. Maybe at the next dinner party I can have them plant a seed for the good ski bums of Jackson.

I hope it wasn't a Marjorie Taylor-Greene fundraiser.

Jay.

Rumor mill time, sounds like Geordie offloaded the Colter Building in Driggs for millions over asking. Cash strapped for the new lift or making room for new owners?

I don't know man, seems like its just a rich guy taking advantage of a white hot TV real estate market.

That building isn't exactly mission critical for him, and Targhee can't be hurting for cash after the recent increase in visitation levels, pass prices, etc.

Times change and such, but didn't they sell Targhee to Vail and then turn around and buy it back? I know Geordie boy is easy to hate but I don't see Targhee as purely an investment play vs. some commercial building downtown.

And with that news that they sold back to Vail will be released in 3, 2, 1
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Yeah. But it does suck.

So many ski bums of yore worked all summer to make the august purchase date. April discount is fucked. It favors the rich.

Progress. I guess. Or just cash flow for the resorts.
    It's hard being poor. It's really hard in that valley.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Still winter.

Lighting went from grey-on-grey/limited viz:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A4200.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	425.8 KB 
ID:	414811

To good viz with grey skies:

Name:	7F5A4303.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	922.6 KB 
ID:	414809

To just a hint of brightness!

Name:	7F5A4278.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	944.6 KB 
ID:	414810

Much appreciated UAN. Good to see someone still getting it done.