Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1640
    Kind of surprised I have not received a marketing email touting
    the season passes availability.
    Looks like the senior rate has increased $150 for the ‘Grand’ and
    ‘Peak’ offerings. $400 is the add on to get the Ikon.
    I’ve done that the last two years. This year I have 5 days on the Ikon, last season - 0.
    I’ll probably do it again anyway.
    If I wake up from the anesthesia Thursday.

edit: Just received marketing email as I typed this. Ha, ha.

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

A Grand Bypass and Targhee adult pass can be had for roughly the same price (before May 1st) as the standalone RPK pass. That’s honestly a tough call…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    A Grand Bypass and Targhee adult pass can be had for roughly the same price (before May 1st) as the standalone RPK pass. That’s honestly a tough call…

Yeah that's gonna be some weird math...

Skiing both the vill and the ghee all winter, with the ghee filling in on the vill blackout days; (and any other days that are appealing; which would be many in any good season.)

OR

Ski only the vill on every single day and have access to all of the ikon destinations.

In any decent season, you're gonna wanna ski close more than travel to other places.
    And very few places trump this one if it's snowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    have access to all of the ikon destinations.

It's not all Ikon destinations, make sure you read what is included with the base pass here. Such as no Alta for one, and if you had a base add on at another resort it would not include JHMR.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/compare-passes

For example I'm a snowbasin person and with the 'platinum snowbasin pass' (season pass + ikon base just like the rendezvous peak pass) it did not include JHMR, snowbasin,sun valley and Alta (also deer valley and a few others..). With snowbasin season pass there was no way to upgrade to the full ikon w/ the snowbasin pass and I assume the would be true here with the rendezvous.

It's honestly a better play (if you travel) to buy the grand bypass ($1285) + full ikon ($999 w/ group buy) and you have 7 days that can't be blacked out at jhmr plus get alta, sun valley, snowbasin, etc.

^I skied 3 days at Alta a month ago on the base ikon received through the JHMR RPK pass. Unless something is changing with that for next season I don’t think you’re correct.

To DJ’s point about not wanting to travel during a good season. Completely true. Unfortunately gotta make that call by May 1st or the math will no longer work out.

^I skied 3 days at Alta a month ago on the base ikon received through the JHMR RPK pass. Unless something is changing with that for next season I don’t think you’re correct.
    It is a change for the upcoming year...

Oddly, Snowbird is still accessible on the IKON Base

I said I wouldn’t go for the full pass with blackouts again after last season. I lied. Not giving the village any more of my cash. Plenty of mtns to ski round here.

But fuck me! Buying the four passes in April just plain sucks.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Fat flakes falling rn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A2848.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	926.8 KB 
ID:	413707

A little levitation:

Name:	7F5A2850.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1,015.2 KB 
ID:	413706

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Fat flakes falling rn.

Name:	7F5A2848.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	926.8 KB 
ID:	413707

A little levitation:

Nice

UAN once again showing us that

“passes? We don’t need no stinking passes!”

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    It's not all Ikon destinations, make sure you read what is included with the base pass here. Such as no Alta for one, and if you had a base add on at another resort it would not include JHMR.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/compare-passes

For example I'm a snowbasin person and with the 'platinum snowbasin pass' (season pass + ikon base just like the rendezvous peak pass) it did not include JHMR, snowbasin,sun valley and Alta (also deer valley and a few others..). With snowbasin season pass there was no way to upgrade to the full ikon w/ the snowbasin pass and I assume the would be true here with the rendezvous.

It's honestly a better play (if you travel) to buy the grand bypass ($1285) + full ikon ($999 w/ group buy) and you have 7 days that can't be blacked out at jhmr plus get alta, sun valley, snowbasin, etc.
    RPK pass does not allow for upgrades, correct.

To DJ’s point about not wanting to travel during a good season. Completely true. Unfortunately gotta make that call by May 1st or the math will no longer work out.

Plainly some destinations have changed, I just meant whatever places the pass does offer next year.
    I skied Alta and Solitude about 3 weeks ago on a base comp pass, no problem. It appears that next year neither of them are offered.
    No more DV, Snowbasin is out, no Sun valley.
    Goddamit JHMR, just bail on it fer fucks sake.
    Then they wouldn't have to jockey the pass prices so damn much.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    It is a change for the upcoming year...

Oddly, Snowbird is still accessible on the IKON Base
    Yeah that's a weird twist...

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I said I wouldn’t go for the full pass with blackouts again after last season. I lied. Not giving the village any more of my cash. Plenty of mtns to ski round here.

But fuck me! Buying the four passes in April just plain sucks.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    So which is it, you're buying or not?

My sentiments after missing the first cycle of a weak start over the holidays. I didn't account for the 8 day blackout and would have been waaaay happier had it been 6 and I'da gotten 2 more storm days in.

Last season was a crazy anomaly where blackout dates hurt, normally less so. In any season, staying put always delivers.
    If it's raging here, and you're going somewhere else, then your kinda doing it wrong.
    Obv, there's exceptions to that rule: eurobbi, heliAK, etc.

Fat flakes falling rn.

A little levitation:

That is another stellar shot, fkna.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Nice

We spent many mornings waiting for lifts back in the day. He's kinda moved past that methinks. Me, I'm still a vert hound so a pass is a no brainer.
    I love inbounds at the village. It's always good somewhere. Well, 96% of the time.
    Deep pow, shallow pow, DH level groomers, chalky tree bumps, whatevs.

Also, I noted that those passes don't go on sale until next monday. Think there's gonna be a rush.

And the recent parking pass email, said" If the TVA board decides to continue the season pass parking program next year..."

What the fucking fuck? seriously, are they gonna just forego all of the local usage and charge everyone $20 a day out in the ranch lot?

Under the guise of traffic mitigation, they have created a cash cow outta the parking gig.

The village business's are showing some blatant greed.

Luckily for me, It's coming up on 4:20.

I'm not sure I could pay to park at a ski area. That is just so fucked up. It's beyond fucked up.

Hey Djongo, if you get a minute, would you care to write up your impressions of yurp in a little more detail? Your writing is often inspirational for us armchair powhounds (sadly true for me the last few years!).
    Just a thought.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

they haven't offered a weekend warrior pass since 2019 I want to say. That used to be my jam

I'm not doing the black out pass this year either, That was a stupid savings of something like $200 that I cursed all holiday week.
    I even tried to buy a day ticket at one point during the black out, but they were sold out.
    although I do like their new capped skier # policy. The mountain has felt much less crowded this yr, even on sold out days.
    skid luxury

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

DJ - I’m going with the blackout bullshit again. I’m sure I’ll bitch if it’s dumping and the lines are reasonable.
    Last edited by schwerty; 04-19-2022 at 08:50 PM.

22-23 spring pass prices: { last year }

$2110 RPK pass - unlimited plus ikon base { $1929 }

$1710 Grand pass - unlimited { $1529 }

$1285 Grand bypass unlimited except w/blackout dates ( 12/26-12/31, 1/14,15, 2/18/19 ) { $1229 }

$ 855 Mid week ( w/blackout only ) { $999 }

$ 940 10 day plus

$ 755 10 day plus bypass

Engineering the pass prices is getting kinda fucked up...
    The annual inflation rate for the United States is 8.5% for the 12 months ended March 2022 — the highest since December 1981 and after rising 7.9% previously, according to U.S. Labor Department data published April 12.

1929 to 2110 is 9.4%

So they raised prices by 0.9% inflation adjusted. That's not bad really.
    My salary didn't increase by 8.5% so my purchasing power is down. That's true for most earners except at the bottom.
    And YTD market indicators are not up much, most less than 9.4%.
    So I'm curious what pass sales will be like.
    I got a full ikon so I hope to be back next year. Hopefully motel 6 keeps prices down.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Nice

Thanks! TBH I thought the 2nd one was a bit of a "throwaway" shot, but a few buddies I sent it to said it was a recent fave. Hm.

Season ain't over. It actually was a pretty solid winter that began on Halloween...

That is another stellar shot, fkna.

We spent many mornings waiting for lifts back in the day. He's kinda moved past that methinks. Me, I'm still a vert hound so a pass is a no brainer.
    I love inbounds at the village. It's always good somewhere. Well, 96% of the time.
    Deep pow, shallow pow, DH level groomers, chalky tree bumps, whatevs.
    Thanks!

I'd have to wrack my brain to remember a day where I did NOT have fun at the Village once on the mountain. There is ALWAYS somewhere to go.

I've also found that my actual skiing ability SUCKS... walking 100% of the time is something like 1 million vertical for me — at BEST — vs skiing 3-4-5 million when only riding lifts, and it's basically all pow which (sounds weird) has just made me a much worse skier over time. I feel like an absolute gaper many days!!
    Last edited by upallnight; 04-19-2022 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    they haven't offered a weekend warrior pass since 2019 I want to say. That used to be my jam
    didn't they drop the weekend warrior but keep the 20-day, then drop the 20-day?

maybe I am mis-remembering things...

and it's basically all pow which (sounds weird) has just made me a much worse skier over time. I feel like an absolute gaper many days!!
    Sounds like a terrible problem! Vibes. Keep up the good fight, we (me) really dig the stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Sounds like a terrible problem! Vibes. Keep up the good fight, we (me) really dig the stoke.
    Hah.... I think you know what I mean.

There are moments when I realize how badly my skills have deteriorated. Anyone can ski good snow — the challenging conditions reveal who has REAL skill. Banging out top-to-bottom tram laps in all conditions builds great skiers! Skiing Glory in pow.... not so much!

Hah.... I think you know what I mean.

There are moments when I realize how badly my skills have deteriorated. Anyone can ski good snow — the challenging conditions reveal who has REAL skill. Banging out top-to-bottom tram laps in all conditions builds great skiers! Skiing Glory in pow.... not so much!
    Thanks for keeping it real.

And once you gain a mastery of the art, you never forget the skills, even if you focus on one discipline primarily.
    You'd be back in the mix next season in the usual '2 weeks, get yer legs' timeframe, ripping pow laps down the new thunder chair by new years'.

I'm mentally back in the game since the ACL repair, but the physical has not caught up enough to be able to charge the sweet crud and stiff harbor chop with Swerve or SuperGaper. That bomber Jackson charger style.

So the sentiment about big mountain laps, repeating the box in all conditions...I'm missing that.
    This wasn't the best season for laps, except for walk on trams. Grooming was good but refreshes were sparsely offered up.

Walk on trams. My favorite conditions.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm wavering between the blackout grand or grand.
    The good money bet is on this winter not being a repeat low attendance at Christmastime. I got $5 says it'll be the usual clusterfuck.
    It always is, this past year was the first reversal of that trend that I've ever seen.
    Some years more, others less, but always the 2 busiest weeks of the year. Period.
    Walk ons at Christmas are an anomoly.
    I'm betting against 2 consecutive seasons.

I've really enjoyed getting to know mags through the trgz, so in the past few seasons I've relearned how to go ski some other cool spots with my kind. I could use the blackout dates to that advantage.

It fucks with my head to not have a full pass though.

Also, this.

Fire that up, then watch this. Loop it.

Come play my Game
    Inhale, Inhale, you're the Victim
    Come play my Game
    Exhale, Exhale, Exhale

Come play my Game, I'll Test ya...

Waddya suppose went wrong here?

I've also found that my actual skiing ability SUCKS... walking 100% of the time is something like 1 million vertical for me — at BEST — vs skiing 3-4-5 million when only riding lifts, and it's basically all pow which (sounds weird) has just made me a much worse skier over time. I feel like an absolute gaper many days!!
    I don't know how old you are, but quality over quantity comes to mind. And as Djongo said, it comes right back...if you want it.

I haven't skied (on purpose) bump lines since my Taos days and last weekend that's all I did with some former pro bumpers. By the end of the day it was coming back a bit. Then I woke up the next day a bit beat up and said wtf did I do that for!? Powdah is so much better...than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I don't know how old you are, but quality over quantity comes to mind. And as Djongo said, it comes right back...if you want it.

I haven't skied (on purpose) bump lines since my Taos days and last weekend that's all I did with some former pro bumpers. By the end of the day it was coming back a bit. Then I woke up the next day a bit beat up and said wtf did I do that for!? Powdah is so much better...than anything.
    I'm old enough!

I enjoy skiing clean, untracked lines, preferably no people in sight. I make that my goal every day I go out.

On bigger stuff (>5k descents) and for the ski mountaineering lines I do, it's rarely going to be pow and certainly not ALL pow. That's when I'm most aware of how much my actual skiing ability has declined.

No (self-)hate, just something I notice.

A few weeks dedicated to ripping top-to-bottom JHMR laps/bending a ski would help. Unlikely to happen, though.

PS Sorry none of us are wearing helmets in my pics. ��♂️

PS Sorry none of us are wearing helmets in my pics. 🤷♂️

Just between the 3 of us...I laughed.