Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Yeah. Parallel was riding really nicely yesterday. Looks like we're gonna get just enough snow this week that there's no more mountain biking, but not enough to redeem the skiing.
    Sorry to hear that it's more than just the tourons from Colorado that are invading your state... seems like our weather patterns have made their way north as well.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Snowing at my house in Driggs now. @cydwhit what models were you looking at? Gfs looks snowy to me: http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/model/di...loopall&hours=

And in other avalanche news, I channeled my grumpy old self in this interview: https://backcountryaccess.com/en-us/...han-experience

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Sorry to hear that it's more than just the tourons from Colorado that are invading your state... seems like our weather patterns have made their way north as well.
    I wish a Bonfire Burrito joint would magically appear on the east side of town near the trailhead…
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Snowing at my house in Driggs now. @cydwhit what models were you looking at? Gfs looks snowy to me: http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/model/di...loopall&hours=

And in other avalanche news, I channeled my grumpy old self in this interview: https://backcountryaccess.com/en-us/...han-experience

Great piece. I love reading grumpy HMS writing.

I'm bad at weather, I'm just going off a halfassed combo of reading mtnweather and Bruce Mason. And I'm eternal weather pessimist anyhow.

Good interview HMS, I appreciate that perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Good interview HMS, I appreciate that perspective.
    Haha this cartoon comes to mind:

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    and Bruce Mason.
    I'd read that then expect the opposite! Opensnow was pretty spot on this one splitting and falling apart quite a ways out.

Ha yep, pretty much.

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

Good read, HMS. Hope you guys are well!

Rideit - in light of your burrito truck comment…I am starting to think we should start a mag taco truck that operates about two days a week. I haven’t been eating enough tacos. Hell, Set up shop at Stillson. Pass and Village folks.
    Last edited by schwerty; 12-06-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Great interview HMS! And I love the cartoon too!

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

anyone interested in new (last years model) Smith I/O Mag XLs?

I was coming from old I/O7s and didn’t know how the fit would be on the new stuff, so ordered a regular and XL. I got them for $125, which is still available on Evo. Link below, color is more muted in person. Can take pics this weekend, left em over the hill.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/goggles/s...l-goggles-.jpg

Would sell them for $110 locally, holla if interested. Will let the masses take a crack if no interest by next week

EoB- id be interested in those googles.
    Holla at me...

Been on the hill the past three days enjoying whatever we've got. It's great to be sliding again. But that boulder field seems to be going in the wrong direction fraid. Burning some stuff starting to sound good

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Nice Koko! Back on the hill again. Let's turn soon, I've been working more, skiing less so far, tying up some loose projects.
    Will be on the daily schedule by next week i hope.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Forgot to mention earlier that on Sunday I went out for an hour and on the way up Teewinot, I saw a bear cub. He was a little guy, maybe a few months old. Too small to be a spring cub. Incredible cinnamon color and chubby like a rugby ball. Looking for Mama. I figured she was napping somewhere close by.
    There was a worker calling it in on the radio so I bopped up the hill and made a half dozen AV laps before peeling out.

The snow was actually really good and it was relatively quiet. Skiing longer and longer runs without a break, increasing average speed, less concern for OoC kooks.

Let's meet at the cody lot at about 6pm here soon and burn some skis. Who has a barrel? Or at the rodeo grounds. We could use a clown barrel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211209_130448.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	395977
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Nice Koko! Back on the hill again. Let's turn soon, I've been working more, skiing less so far, tying up some loose projects.
    Will be on the daily schedule by next week i hope.

4 out of the last 5, dang this is getting to be a habit. Frozen and faster today but fluffy stuff skiers left on the first pitch was fun. And guns blowing wide open, amphitheater, more. Crags run had definitely got some patroller love.

DJ I'll text you next week, unless you gonna be out this weekend at all. Turning on my work break but will see when I can get out for a few hours with you mid week

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Predictions on more terrain opening this weekend? Looks like a lot going on at Teton and Casper.. Would be nice to disperse the crowds.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

methinks there will definitely be another way down AV tomorrow. As for Teton, Crags Run looks covered, the chair was running today, they have two guns at the base of Teton filling things in so fingers crossed on an opening there tomorrow. Would be strange to see that open before Casper, though maybe not this year. Casper wasn't running at lunchtime when i was there, not sure if that means anything. They are blowing over there today though.

Just got the notification on the app that Teton opens for crags run

We’ve been away, so will need to catch up on wrod laps this weekend.
    Andrew works in the morning so we’ll probably go out in the afternoon for a few laps - altho anyone know if they’re trying to run kids programs out there this weekend? If so we may wait to go until Sunday and let the children have the mtn Saturday #wutangisforthechildren
    skid luxury

Bike season went on longer than usual, so today was my first day on skis. Latest start date since knee surgery in 2012. But hey, at least it was cold! Going out south on the pass tomorrow with the Yostmark level 1, I'll be interested to see for myself what we (don't) have. Hi @babybear !

Hey BB! The kids ranch programs are cancelled this weekend. Can't speak for the other ones

Little dog-ski & skin-track stoke:

Name:	untitled-74.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	2.37 MB 
ID:	396434

Name:	untitled-77.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	963.5 KB 
ID:	396433

A soft turn or two were had on the hill today, nice surprise. Awesome skiing with DJ again thanks for the holler. And good catching up with EoB for a bit.

Hi all, just wondering how big of a footprint does natural selection leave? I am booked for same week after many years away. I assume the course area is closed all week and that it’s somewhere in the crags? Does it draw a large spectator crowd? I’m stoked to see the pros shredding but hoping it’s not too much of a circus. Touring isn’t an option with my group unfort. Thanks!