Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1640
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    You can do bigger rides if you're down to walk through a fair amount of snow. As far as I'm aware, none of the normal "biggish rides" in the Big Holes are even close to going clean right now. I'm still riding out-n-backs on the clearer trails. Mahogany, most of Drake, Mill Creek, all go as out and backs right now. More may be open by the end of the week though. Caribous are good to go for mileage though.
    Hey thanks for the update! Was hoping for a Grove/Drake but figured I was early. Maybe I’ll give the drake out and back a go, never have tried riding up it. Safe to assume Mike Harris stuff is rideable but nothing on the pass is a go yet?

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    Hey thanks for the update! Was hoping for a Grove/Drake but figured I was early. Maybe I’ll give the drake out and back a go, never have tried riding up it. Safe to assume Mike Harris stuff is rideable but nothing on the pass is a go yet?
    Yeah, Grove/Drake miiiight be good to go by the weekend? Will still be a glacier scramble at the top for sure though. Drake as an out and back is great, you can pedal like 80% of it. Mahogany as an out and back is clear. South Valley is all good to go, you could probably do a pretty good out and back on Mike Sell as well. On the pass, Parallel, power line, and Jimmy's are all good to go according to friends (Parallel has been dry for weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    Hey Teton Valley mags,
    How are the trails looking over on your side? Going to be up in the area later this week and would like to get out for a bigger ride. Maybe a loop in the bigholes? That stuff rideable yet?
    Thanks!
    You could go Grove to Corral down and back, then out Grove or snow push to Drake, which I don't think has been cleared yet. I bet s Fork Horseshoe to Mahogany would go- we looked at Horseshoe from a Mahogany out and back today (which was perfect). But there's still a ton of snow to get to Elk Flat.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Damn, 2 weeks between posts here...

I took a lap thru the bridger center sale aisle (upstairs) and holy crap do they have a lot of choice softgoods on sale for 40-50% off.
    Lots of high end stuff left, Norrona, etc.
    A few nice skis left: some mindbenders, blanks, etc.

Binders were decent price too:
    40%+ off of -
    Tyrolia attack2 16 GW = $399
    Marker baron epf13 L = $399
    " griffon 13id = $279
    Salomon sth2 wtr13 = $279
    " z12 = $199

Look pivot 14 GW = $379
    " " 18 = $429

Pm me for details.

Dj I would be into those pivot 18s. You buy em or at the vill?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

They may still be upstairs at the Bridger center.
    I did not buy them, I went for the sth2 16's from Nomad for $160. I think they're armada branded.

I think that stuff is 50% off now.

I took a moto ride thru GT yesterday and the flowers are going off for this 4th of July weekend.
    Indian paintbrush is really poppin'...
    The cars at Jenny lake were out onto the main roadway by 10 am.

Colter bay is closed for the season and Jackson lake is pretty low right now. Lotsa bears around.

Thunder lift at the village has been completely removed; new earthwork at each end and a bit of tree trimming to each side. New chair awaits installation, stacked in the lower parking lot.

What a beautiful and cool spring it's been. Hope it continues.

The rumor on the hill is that mgmnt. has finally seen the light and recognized that the village has a daily maximum for skiers.
    I think a 10 or 12k day was recorded a few years ago and everyone realized that the level of whack and poor skiing were unsustainable.

I'm not betting on a slow season like last year, but that'd be nice on a snowier one.

One thing I noticed for sure in my limited time at JHMR this year. The skiers there were much poorer than when we last visited in 2012. Is it Ikon? Don't know but the difference was noticeable even to an outsider.

I will be visiting Jackson tomorrow, staying as a guest of Djongo at his place. Anyone want to join us for dinner Thursday evening, get in touch with Djongo.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I will be visiting Jackson tomorrow, staying as a guest of Djongo at his place. Anyone want to join us for dinner Thursday evening, get in touch with Djongo.

Dammit. You had to pick the one day I am away for work!!

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

How about a zoom meeting for those who can't be in Jackson to dine with you today?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Dammit. You had to pick the one day I am away for work!!

What’s going on ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1657231347.190574.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	420932

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Greetings from Colorado, Harry, enjoy!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Yeah I'm bummed I can't skip up to Jackson to chill with Harry and Djongo.

Have fun guys!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

We had an excellent but brief visit, took a lap out to the village for Harry to check out the hill and stuff. Benny joined us for some El Ablation (abuelito's) mexi food, nothing too fancy pants.

Multiple laps around the binger and then b-bear stopped by for about an hour to meet and chat with H. and I.
    It's always fun and interesting when I get multi mags at the abode.

Regular locs like telee are always encouraged to swing in; but you farther mags -Tgapp - holla anytime and we'll make space and fill the bowl for ya. Pack a Dibs and bring it up here witcha. Lotsa sick fishing and roadside sport climbing nearby...
    We had cafe britt costa rican dark roast for brekky's - delish.

It's been a year since we had Harry's going away party at Talisman's place. Twas super good to see him; will shimmy up to Talisman's here soon for a shooting party.

Summertiiiiime, and the livin's easy...

Thinking about you Seano.

Best shot gets the first slice?
    Name:  KLP.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  96.1 KB

Duane Betts just joined the Deadlocks for a couple songs at Westside tonight. Cool.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220710_031000352.MP.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	959.5 KB 
ID:	421088

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Best shot gets the first slice?
    Name:  KLP.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  96.1 KB
    Any caliber rifle at, say, 150 yards?

I'm fucked in the pistol department...

I was coming back from my mom’s house in east jackson the other day and figured I would take the route going by Djongo’s place since I heard Harry was in town.
    Saw his big ass garage door open which means social time
    Awesome to meet Harry. He let me take an “I skied with Harry” tshirt with the promise that we would make it happen.
    Thanks for always hosting the mags, DJ!
    skid luxury

Sure, long guns 30 caliber and over at 150 yards telescopic or open sights. If you show up with a 45-70 lever gun and hit anywhere on the hillside you automatically win the Fudd gun category.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Any caliber rifle at, say, 150 yards?

I'm fucked in the pistol department...

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I was coming back from my mom’s house in east jackson the other day and figured I would take the route going by Djongo’s place since I heard Harry was in town.
    Saw his big ass garage door open which means social time
    Awesome to meet Harry. He let me take an “I skied with Harry” tshirt with the promise that we would make it happen.
    Thanks for always hosting the mags, DJ!
    My whirlwind visit west was totally unplanned. My brother gave me a few days off from caring for my Mom, so I headed west within hours of our discussion. I planned to spend 2 days driving, one afternoon in Big Sky taking care of some personal financial business, and 2 days driving back to Wisconsin. Got my business done and met cool maggot Talisman for lunch on the deck at The Really Big Resort. While eating lunch Talisman’s phone rang and it was Djongo ! I called my brother and got a day added to my trip and headed to Jackson via YNP. Hanging out in Djongo’s garage after a safety meeting and screaming up the driveway comes baby bear in her MILF-mobile. Great visit with her, she cares for her Mom too, so we discussed various challenges we both face in between bong hits. Then hit the road back to the Midwest in the morning, again via YNP. I love the park, last time I was there I had seano732 in my car. Stopped at 15 dispensaries in Bozeman and filled up a whole duffel bag with medical supplies before heading east. Jackson in the summer is such a cool place, I’m glad I had a few days off this summer to visit my maggot friends. Thanks Talisman and Djongo, and great meeting baby bear !

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

JACKSON '21-'22 ~~ w/the 'Ghee, the King, The KC, the Creek and the Passes

haha the milf-mobile cracks me up.
    I know we could shoot the shit for hours so it was nice to get a starter.

btw that milf mobile killed it today- I was picking up Andrew from a Winds adventure from Green River Lakes which the gps said would take 2.5 hours and I did it in 1.5. passed a couple Tundras like they were standing still on the washboard roads the last 25 miles of that drive
    skid luxury

Random Jackson coincidence the other day. Guy I was working with went down to driggs to go on a date with a Kemmerer(sp?).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Wow, that's a long haul for a date.

On the other hand, she's a full on trust funder so if that's his thing...

For a moment, the locals hoped a younger Kemmerer would take the reins of the ski area and unfocus on the profiteering. Alas, none of the K. kids expressed an iota of motivation to do that.

Like, why work, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JFC baby bear, that road can be brutal washboard. The Union pass road from Cora to N. Dubois is awesome; but it'll loosen yer fillings for sure.