Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Pomoca Free Pro 2.0 experience

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    With the Hoji system how easy is it to remove skins without taking skis off? Seems like that might be challenging.
    Doable for sure but it’s a new ballet move to master. I have little tolerance for extra steps to transition so I figured it out eventually. This is also why I like g3 bindings. Transition without taking skis off or bending over.

I just needed to be gentle with the buckle on the skin. They broke easily. And ripped off the skin frequently. I told 4frnt 3 times to double stitch it. And I see they do now. I suspect lots of others had issues too.

It is pretty easy to retrofit G3 tailclips on pomoca tails, just trim and punchClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20231203_011251.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	478066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20231203_012301.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	478067

Has anyone needed to replace the precut skins for the Raven/Hoji?

I don’t need to yet, but trying to plan ahead for a hut trip where a backup option would be nice.

I asked 4frnt and they can’t source the plastic tail clips apparently, but an extra set would be nice.

Also does anyone know if the regular tails fit through the Hoji hole?

Quote Originally Posted by ey_allen View Post

I don’t need to yet, but trying to plan ahead for a hut trip where a backup option would be nice.

I asked 4frnt and they can’t source the plastic tail clips apparently, but an extra set would be nice.

I’ve replaced mine many times, all under warranty. 4frnt was great every time.

If they don’t sell them separately I’d just bring some old skins you may have that might fit.

But I think if you take it easy on the skins and be mindful when transitioning they should be fine for the trip. I’m pretty hard on gear so that’s probably why I blasted through several pairs.

The regular Pomoca tail clips will not fit through a hoji hole.

However, i have published spare tail clips based on the contour design that can be 3D printed found here:
    https://www.printables.com/model/266...-and-tail-lock

if you do, print in ABS or PC - Also, I have not personally run the Pomoca design, only the G3 and BD
    Last edited by rfconroy; 12-03-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Awesome. It’s definitely worth trying to replicate the 4lock system, it solves a lot of problems and has many benefits.
    Got it done, and it works quite well on my workbench.

Downloadable models can be found here:

Plan right now is to use 1/8" shock cord for the tail material, and a leather eyelet for the tail of the skin. Hopefully, I can modify some older S7s I have purchased specifically for this to provide some insights and best practices on where/how to do this mod on non-4frnt skis.

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by Va Ki Bo View Post
    It is pretty easy to retrofit G3 tailclips on pomoca tails, just trim and punch]

*facepalm* why didn’t I think of this?

I much prefer the springiness of the long metal G3 or BD clips, and they fit a variety of tail thickness much better.

Thanks, I will get punching!

i have the dps-branded pomocas on my pagodas and they came with a metal tail clip that slides on. sort of annoying to get on at first but you get used to it quick and no stress about snapping it. dunno if you can buy standalone. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1701643017.140932.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	478221

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Cool. Thanks for the info all.

I’m glad 4Frnt will warranty these, but it’d be nice if I could buy them direct. I’ll probably 3D print some just to have as a backup. Thanks for the link!

To be clear I was wondering about the rubber “tail” on the non Hoji version of the skins. I wasn’t sure if the 4lock version is a smaller width or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Got it done, and it works quite well on my workbench.

Downloadable models can be found here:

Plan right now is to use 1/8" shock cord for the tail material, and a leather eyelet for the tail of the skin. Hopefully, I can modify some older S7s I have purchased specifically for this to provide some insights and best practices on where/how to do this mod on non-4frnt skis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6098.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	478242

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6099.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	478243

I'll report back once Ive got some time on snow.

www.experiencedgear.net

Cool. Thanks for the info all.

I’m glad 4Frnt will warranty these, but it’d be nice if I could buy them direct. I’ll probably 3D print some just to have as a backup. Thanks for the link!

To be clear I was wondering about the rubber “tail” on the non Hoji version of the skins. I wasn’t sure if the 4lock version is a smaller width or not.
    Besides the skins just wearing out, the most common failure point on the Hoji skins was stitching from his attachment to the skin. After they ripped off a few times, I gave them to a local seamstress in town who sowed them back on with double stitching. You could do that before your trip. But your
    version might be double stitched already. Thanks to probably me they do that now .

As for the rubber tail, I snapped one of those too. That was from pulling the skins off with skis on. If you pull the skins off holding the skin, that won’t happen.

And yes, the rubber tail is much narrower than normal pomaca.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Besides the skins just wearing out, the most common failure point on the Hoji skins was stitching from his attachment to the skin. After they ripped off a few times, I gave them to a local seamstress in town who sowed them back on with double stitching. You could do that before your trip. But your
    version might be double stitched already. Thanks to probably me they do that now .

As for the rubber tail, I snapped one of those too. That was from pulling the skins off with skis on. If you pull the skins off holding the skin, that won’t happen.

And yes, the rubber tail is much narrower than normal pomaca.
    Rad. Thanks for the confirmation.

Stitching looks solid, so my main concerns are the rubber tail and the plastic clips. I’ll probably just grab some alternative clips and ski straps for backup.

I do rip skins with skis on which was initially tough but I loosened the tails a little bit. Hopefully that means I’m less likely to tear these.