Anything and Everything Corbetts Ski Shop

Corbett's reminds me of the old days of Cupolo Sports and Jay Cupolo. Great store. Quality items at outstanding prices, a lot of terrific sales and FedEx shipping to the USA. For instance, right now Corbetts has Pivot 15 at about $300. This thread is where to post deals, info and questions about Corbetts.

My question is what is HST and do Americans have to pay it? It it like VAT of the EU, or does it apply to every sale (in and out of Canada)?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

They sell reasonably priced (~$12.99) boxed wines as well.

Name:  12338784403486.png
Views: 700
Size:  76.4 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I've never paid any taxes on a Corbett's purchase shipped to CONUS.

Pro tip: check your CC conversion rate. It's often better than PayPal's.

Yes, Corbetts is awesome and I never would have known about them if not for this place.

Sometimes I wonder if the info here isn't too easy to find. I mean anyone looking around can find it without being a mag. There was a car camping thread recently where great spots were mentioned in detail, including the address of an apartment building with covered parking.
    As far as Corbetts is concerned, do we need more competition for those great deals?

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if the info here isn't too easy to find. I mean anyone looking around can find it without being a mag.
    Been backcountry skiing lately?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Been outdoors lately?
    FIFY.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Been backcountry skiing lately?
    not since spring.

Anything and Everything Corbetts Ski Shop

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Corbett's reminds me of the old days of Cupolo Sports and Jay Cupolo. Great store. Quality items at outstanding prices, a lot of terrific sales and FedEx shipping to the USA. For instance, right now Corbetts has Pivot 15 at about $300. This thread is where to post deals, info and questions about Corbetts.

My question is what is HST and do Americans have to pay it? It it like VAT of the EU, or does it apply to every sale (in and out of Canada)?
    Hst is harmonized sales tax at 13%. They combined the GST (general sales tax, federal) with the PST (provincial sales tax) into that one. It’s actually down from 15% within the past decade, so that’s ok?

Local shop to me, kunstadt.com also has the same stuff at the same prices as Corbetts, but closer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyg82 View Post
    Hst is harmonized sales tax at 13%. They combined the GST (general sales tax, federal) with the PST (provincial sales tax) into that one. It’s actually down from 15% within the past decade, so that’s ok?

Local shop to me, kunstadt.com also has the same stuff at the same prices as Corbetts, but closer.
    Does kunstadt.com ship to the USA? (or would you purchase and ship it off cheaply if they don't?)

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Does kunstadt.com ship to the USA? (or would you purchase and ship it off cheaply if they don't?)
    They probably would, but I’m not certain, put it in your cart and let me know what you see. If not, I may be able to help.

https://kunstadt.com/collections/alp...vot15gwbinding
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Just got a pair of binders today from corbetts. The HST is taken off automatically when you put in a us address. I had same question and called.

psa for those who don’t know - asogear is corbetts but for the us market so pricing is in usd. If you buy at Corbetts.com, it’s in cad and you get the benefit of the exchange rate. While prices are usually numerically a very small amount higher, it usually works out in real terms to a 25-30% discount.

Any comments on returns at Corbetts? Looking at some boots for my wife and noticed that their terms say everything on sale is final/no returns.