Day 34: Magic Mountain, VT (Magic Pass)

I didn't want to jinx myself with yesterday's post but I am 1/3 of the way toward my goal of 100 days. Way ahead of pace since our Maui trip was cancelled so I will definitely take tomorrow off (windchills in the -30* to -40* range tomorrow). If it was a pow day I'd be out in it but not for groomed manmade.

As I headed over to Magic at the crack of 10 this morning, I looked across the valley and saw the sun shining on the Sun Mountain (Bromley). Magic was encased in the murk. Their season may end early but man, that's a nice place to ski in January. Unfortunately, they don't have any great deals on passes and are not a part of any of the conglomerates. Their midweek pass is around $400 but with Epic Pass available to me for under a buck fiddy, it's hard to justify.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0959.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	609.4 KB 
ID:	401140

Magic took advantage of the sub-zero temps earlier in the week and laid down enough snow to open 3 more trails. Still nothing on the west (steeper) side but at least we are out of the WROD category now.

Name:	IMG_0960.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	704.7 KB 
ID:	401141

Snow was great and there was nobody there. Thursdays and Fridays are great at Magic. Saw one of our favorite families (5 kids ranging from 4-14). The kids come out for all the volunteer days and really love cutting their own trails. Also saw Rusty and his clan.

And this clan also

Name:	IMG_0962.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	401143

Once the murk rose, the top of the mountain was coated in rime

Name:	IMG_0964.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	401145

All in all, another good day to not be working!