Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Yup. Have done many week-long trips but this is by far the longest. When you go for a week (as you know) you can get skunked. If you go for 5 weeks, chances are you're going to get some goods.
    Awesome!
    So now that you bought or rebooked just think how great next year will be when they get a proper dumpage for a season!

Ha! Real estate in Driggs is way out of my price range. But a nice 3BR condo on Ski Hill Rd. for $5500 for 31 nights is a steal.

I'd come back for sure.

Babybear and I are trying to arrange skiing at the ghee this weekend. Does that work for you and what's best?

Any other mags wanna join us?

We can make anything happen. Whatever works best for you; I'd play the weather as the determining factor. Should be glorious corn. Please come over and ski with us.

Between Chic Chocs, George , and Quebec generally, you should be able to get 100. Let me know if I need to send a hall pass to 'she who must be obeyed'. Bunbury is alive and well in my list of excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by petey_ View Post
    Between Chic Chocs, George , and Quebec generally, you should be able to get 100. Let me know if I need to send a hall pass to 'she who must be obeyed'. Bunbury is alive and well in my list of excuses.
    So the one thing that is going to make MTW tough for me is the fact that the trails back to the notch are waning quickly. Walking downhill is not something I can manage right now (injured my knee in December and it isn't getting better...).

I'm based in SoVT and SWNH so Quebec is a tough slog.

My basic plan is
    April 1 - April 3 Sunapee (3 days) Epic Pass Sunapee is easy for me as it keeps me close to home
    April 4 - 17 Stratton (5 days) Ikon Pass Same as above...Stratton is 22 minutes from our Magic house
    April 4 - ? Loon (5 days) Ikon Pass My brother lives at Waterville Valley. Wife could visit with my SIL while I ski Loon
    April 4 - 17 Sugarloaf/Saddleback (2 days) Ikon Pass/Indy Pass This is going to be a tough sell with the wife
    April 4 - ? Sugarbush (1-2 days) Ikon Pass Couch surfing with VT-F but a tough sell with the wife
    April 4 - ? Killington (2 days) Ikon Pass Only an hour from home. Also have an Express Card which gives 50% off weekdays
    Wild cards:
    Stowe (Epic)
    Jay (Indy)
    Tremblant (Epic)
    Cannon (Indy)
    Waterville Valley (Indy)

Having to ski every day is not plausible with driving time and needing to rest my knee for a day every 5-7 ski days.

Day 75: Grand Targhee (Targhee Pass)

Tough to top Monday. Just the same, today was a beautiful day to be outside skiing and lounging. Goniff had to work again today (he finally finished the big work project today) so I headed up to GT solo after allowing the sun to soften things a bit. Met up with a part-timer that's been part-timing it for more than 20 years here.

We skied some NW-facing aspects and they were pretty stiff. We skied some SW-facing aspects and they were pretty soft. By 3:00pm, the bottom was getting pretty sticky. This should be the trend for our remaining 5 days here.

No skiing pics today.

Soaking in some Vitamin D
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1352.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	549.6 KB 
ID:	410594

Figured I was never going to have a killer goggle tan with that beard so....

Name:	IMG_1354.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	425.5 KB 
ID:	410595
    First time in 3 years...I guess it made me look old but also hid my basic uglyness.

For my EC brethren...I made this soup for dinner...Portuguese Fish Stew. Goniff said it was outstanding.

Name:	IMG_1355.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	687.0 KB 
ID:	410596

My shitty iPhone camera did not do this alpenglow justice...

Name:	IMG_1356.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	462.8 KB 
ID:	410593

Really looking forward to the eastside folks coming over the pass to ski with us this weekend.

A nice clean shave is good for the sunscreen too

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Looking good Lewis! (I get to be Billy Ray)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in for this weekend 100%.

Our local westslope mag, H16, has so graciously offered me a voucher so hello Targhee, here I come! Thank you D.

Been quite a while so I'll be lovin' it skiing with friends.

Either day works for me, I wanna think Sunday may be quieter but frankly, that's probably a non issue, right.

Say when...

Your call. We’ll be skiing both days. Today started meh but it’s really good right now. Get you some warm snow wax tho.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

lemme confer with Bbear and get back to youse youts.

Name:  youts.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  6.7 KB

I bailed early today based on the wax issue. It's real.

Day 76: Grand Targhee (Targhee Pass)

Temps dipped below freezing last night so Goniff and I decided to let the temps get up a bit before heading up. We were skiing before 11:00 but our initial foray into the ungroomed was a bit bone-wrenching. We decided to head to the Sac chair because it's lower elevation and might soften sooner.

We were correct. Skied a bunch of laps on Sac and then decided to go back over to Dreamcatcher. Things were softening nicely although the lowest elevations were getting a bit grabby (did not wax....). Sun was trying to break through and ultimately did. Rest of the day was a mix of sun and clouds:

Name:	66984209736__B82F9B62-7FD5-4283-9EC5-C1F1D8175A3C.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	624.2 KB 
ID:	410672

NW facing aspects returned to some semblance of soft snow without being overly wet. The Good-Bad-Ugly face skied very nicely for several laps. Goniff toward the bottom of Headwall/Good:

Name:	IMG_1368.jpg 
Size:	564.0 KB 
ID:	410673

I took an awkward tumble and although my knee seemed stable for the rest of the run, I decided it was time for some Vitamin D infusion while Goniff finished the day

Name:	66984069207__238E9CD2-F1D4-41F5-8FA7-5E7F0316367E.jpg 
Size:	575.1 KB 
ID:	410674

For a day that started out on the meh side, it sure finished nicely.

Day 77: Grand Targhee (Targhee Pass)

Cloudy, cloudy, cloudy.

The good news is, the sun didn't turn the snow to glue. The bad news is, the sun didn't thaw any of the coral reef that formed overnight.

Goniff and I headed up and were on the chair by 11:00. Upper mountain was still locked up so we headed for the lower elevation Sac chair. Trails were softening up and we skied a mix of groomers and off-piste bumps. After touching just about everything there we headed over to try Blackfoot. Groomers were the only thing worth skiing and we hit what was there.

We called it at 3:00 and headed for the Trap Bar to catch the Nate Robinson Trio. Knew it was going to be good when they opened with Friend of the Devil...

Name:	IMG_1373.jpg 
Size:	522.8 KB 
ID:	410907

Apparently, Dick Cheney isn't the only guy from Wyoming that skis in jeans

Name:	IMG_1374.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	829.5 KB 
ID:	410909

Stoked to learn that Kokomas and his mini-me are coming over to ski the 'ghee with us tomorrow.

Day 77: Grand Targhee (Targhee Pass)

Cloudy, cloudy, cloudy.

The good news is, the sun didn't turn the snow to glue. The bad news is, the sun didn't thaw any of the coral reef that formed overnight.

Goniff and I headed up and were on the chair by 11:00. Upper mountain was still locked up so we headed for the lower elevation Sac chair. Trails were softening up and we skied a mix of groomers and off-piste bumps. After touching just about everything there we headed over to try Blackfoot. Groomers were the only thing worth skiing and we hit what was there.

We called it at 3:00 and headed for the Trap Bar to catch the Nate Robinson Trio. Knew it was going to be good when they opened with Friend of the Devil...

Name:	IMG_1373.jpg 
Size:	522.8 KB 
ID:	410907

Apparently, Dick Cheney isn't the only guy from Wyoming that skis in jeans

Name:	IMG_1374.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	829.5 KB 
ID:	410909

Stoked to learn that Kokomas and his mini-me are coming over to ski the 'ghee with us tomorrow.
    He is very psyched. Can't wait

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    He is very psyched. Can't wait

Any plans to bring him back for a week of ice training each winter?

We do miss it. Though the King is remarkably similar

My Retirement Year: An Ongoing Skiing TR

It's home. Miss you guys too. Watching families grow up is really fun. Seeing yours and Magicsnowboard's together would be a blast.

Have fun with the Wharf Rat today. I declined skiing Green with my son. Magic is a wrap.

Dogs and frisbee today.

Day 78: Grand Targhee (Targhee Pass)

Kokomas and his mini-me met at our condo and we headed up the hill to be on the lifts by 11. Upper mountain was still stiff so we headed to the Sac chair (lower elevation). Found plenty of soft snow as the morning crossed over to afternoon.

Back up top for a photo op (Goniff, Kokomas, Mini-K)

Name:	IMG_1377.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	568.2 KB 
ID:	411052

Mini-K wanted to ski the Ugly so we obliged.

Kokomas

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	411053

Mini-K

Name:	imagejpeg_0 (1).jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	411054

I've known the Kokomas family for at least 10 years (mini-K for 7)....so happy to get to ski and hang with them on this trip.

Stoked for Djongo and B-Bear coming over to ski the 'ghee with us tomorrow.

Trip is winding down. I'm heading east starting at 3:00am on Tuesday. It's been phenomenal.

Tremendous day! Good to find out that we tired three little guy out in the end. How was the Trap Bar?

Day 79: Grand Targhee (Targhee pass)

Beautiful sunny and warm day today. The day was made even better because Djongo Unchained and Baby Bear came over the pass to ski with us at the 'ghee.

First couple of runs were stiff but we knew the sun would take care of things soon enough...and it did.

No skiing pics today but proof of life on the Dreamcatcher quad

Name:	20220327_120815.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	411126

One more day at the 'ghee and then I head back east...Goniff thinking about extending.

We've had a great month with no days that we were unhappy skiing...can't ask for more than that.

Day 79: Grand Targhee (Targhee pass)

Beautiful sunny and warm day today. The day was made even better because Djongo Unchained and Baby Bear came over the pass to ski with us at the 'ghee.

First couple of runs were stiff but we knew the sun would take care of things soon enough...and it did.

No skiing pics today but proof of life on the Dreamcatcher quad

Name:	20220327_120815.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	411126

One more day at the 'ghee and then I head back east...Goniff thinking about extending.

We've had a great month with no days that we were unhappy skiing...can't ask for more than that.
    Nice work Mags! Safe travels

Great and memorable trip for you guys. Best wishes for your return trip and continued efforts to get to day 100!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Great and memorable trip for you guys. Best wishes for your return trip and continued efforts to get to day 100!
    May have to head north to git 'er done. How's the couch situation at your casa?

May have to head north to git 'er done. How's the couch situation at your casa?
    Biggins should have a full review up by mid-week.