Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    There’s a good day. Spectacular from this angle boys!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

+1 x100

what a Beauty Day, eh !

Thank you. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    That was a great spring day at the loaf, perfect closer on the season for SC. Gondi didn’t get the message that the rest of the hill was corned up. Snow just started coming down in earnest, it may not stay snow for long but it’s trying!

We decided on a summer Maine Mag mini, weekend of July 16. Come for the Phish, stay for the lobster!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Alas, day 97 didn't happen. I got to the Sugarloaf lot at 8:30 but when I got to the lifts, it was obvious that it wasn't open. Talked to a Mountain Ops guy who told me that all lifts were on wind hold until at least 1:00pm. Also reported recent lightning near the summit. I made the easy decision to head south as the snow was getting ready to change over to rain and it seemed unlikely that things would ever start spinning.

On my drive home TC texted (at 1:04pm) that the summit had just reported a 112mph gust. I've made the wrong call so many times...but not this time. Going to have to make this day up later this week at either Jay or the 'bush. Not even contemplating Carinthia (Mt. Snow) although it would be an easy tally (5 runs and then home).

Day 96 had to be my favorite so far. Heavyweight. All time hill , conditions and crew. I think I can speak for a few others following along at home, we wanted a piece of that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I think I can speak for a few others following along at home, we wanted a piece of that one!
    Yes you did!

Although my days at JHMR and GT skiing and hanging with the JH mags were also great....

Yeah I’m sure I saw that too I’ certain you’re right - you were in great company start to finish , but of course my world is flat though with my east coast blinders!

Day 97: Jay Peak, VT (Indy Pass)

Headed north (way north) out of Magic today to ski at Jay Peak, a place I haven't been in more than 40 years. As we climbed the access road my neighbor Dan L commented that the ground was completely covered in snow. We pulled into an almost empty Stateside lot and the skies opened up...graupel. Not snow, but not rain. Soon the sun peeked out and Biggins joined us
    Name:  IMG_8844.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  159.7 KB

Guy in the gear shop suggested that we hike from the top of Bonaventure over to the tram side as neither the tram or the Flyer had been open since the last storm. Biggins not a fan of hiking...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1512.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	814.8 KB 
ID:	414020

Eventually, we made our way to Beaver Pond trees. The snow was kinda grabby so we wanted to test the off-piste with something lower angle...Beaver Pond was perfect.
    Name:  IMG_8824.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  107.5 KB
    But the snow got really grabby the lower we went. The slog back to operating lifts convinced us that one lap on that side was enough today.

We skied a bit off the Jet chair which has good pitch up high and some moguls to keep things interesting...good views up there too

Name:	IMG_1546.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	574.4 KB 
ID:	414023

Name:	IMG_8839.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	414024

Biggins ripping some soft snow

Name:	IMG_1516.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	927.8 KB 
ID:	414025

Great day with a long drive on either end...well worth it for sure.

Sugarbush tomorrow...Vt-F sent a pic of the mountain ops team winch-catting Stein's. Should be lovely early.

Where’s #100 going to be? Trying to clear my calendar

I 'll be there in-spirit !

attaboy, ...AugustWest ! !!

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Where’s #100 going to be? Trying to clear my calendar

Day 100 will be at Killington on Saturday, 4/30

Day 98: Sugarbush, VT (Ikon pass).

Neighbor BH and I headed north early this morning to get to Stein's before the crowds. Vt-F had sent me a pic of mountain ops winch-catting it last night.

Vt-F joined us shortly after we arrived and we headed straight for Stein's. It was smooth, firm, but definitely edge-able. Good times ripping swooping GS turns down it. The ride up looked a little bleak:

Name:	IMG_1549.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	951.3 KB 
ID:	414148
    but Stein's was fat with snow.

We skied a few more runs and then met up with a whole crew that came up from Magic. 3 of the Ski Patrol regulars and a ripping snowboarder/neighbor.

We hit just about everything that was open...Heaven's Gate chair which accesses Lincoln Peak was down for maintenance so couldn't hit the 3 trails off of it that were open but fun was had.

We all decided that we were going to ski Domino. Vt-F warned against it (rocks, mud, and grass) but hey, we ski Magic; we're used to that. He was right but we still had fun.

Around 1:00 the crowds started to get unbearable...there is only 1 thin traverse back to the 2 operating chairs and it looked like Grand Central at 4:30 most of the time. We decided to hang in the lot for a bit (nice to have paved parking on a sunny warm day). and drink the beers we had brought

Name:	image000000.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	265.7 KB 
ID:	414149

Name:	67242367868__2E1C21B2-D3C6-46AF-A9B8-2436E4FD5829.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	629.0 KB 
ID:	414150

Late lunch at Mad Taco was very satisfying and then the 2 hour slog back to Magic.

Another great day.

Tomorrow looks like Sugarbush again (they're closing M-F this week) then a week off to prep for Day 100 at Killington on Saturday, 4/30.

I’m looking forward to sharing the centenary ski day with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I’m looking forward to sharing the centenary ski day with you.
    I can't believe this will be our first day making turns together this year!!!

Good fun Yesterday skiing with you, BH and the Magic crew.......

Some thin snow, mostly grass, dirt, rocks, ice and sticks, adventure skiing at it's finest.

Name:	20220423_114758.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	414165

That Magic crew at home in the thin cover

Name:	20220423_114729.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	414166

Name:	20220423_114731.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	414167
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Magic Patroller GH (in the yellow pants) is a rippin skier. Our crew's knuckle dragger is also a ripper. BH and I just try to keep up.

Day 99: Sugarbush, VT (Ikon pass)

Today was not much different than yesterday except it was just me making the trek up from Magic. As always, Vt-F is a dependable skiing partner and he was there when I pulled in to park. Lot was mostly empty at 9:15 so it was easy to park right next to him. Sky was mostly cloudy but some filtered sunlight tried to poke through.

Name:	IMG_1558.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	994.5 KB 
ID:	414207

Stein's (the diagonal trail in the pic above was still fat with snow but the bumps were building rapidly from all the folks that decided to ski it yesterday afternoon. We saved that run for later as the Heaven's Gate chair was fixed and open. We headed to the top of Lincoln Peak. Nice view of the Champlain Valley from up there.

Name:	IMG_1555.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	414208

We skied several laps on Ripcord and Organgrinder which was soft bumps with minimal dirt. Paradise was listed as open but it was roped at the top. You could enter it about 3/4 of the way down Ripcord but it looked bonier than yesterday's adventure...we passed.

Skied all of the open trails (except Paradise and Domino) and Stein's was interesting. Big (and soft) bumps but no rhythm to them and lots of scrapy manmade glacier between. Still tons of fun.

I headed south at around 2:00 and made the decision to finally stop at Moss Glen Falls to soak up some nature and snap a pic or 2. It's really a beautiful spot.

Name:	IMG_1562.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	414213

Taking M-F off this week and hope to see a buncha mags at Killington on 4/30. I'll be there early to get a spot in Bay 1, hopefully near the K-zone folks. If you don't know Killington, a pic depicting Bay 1 is below:

Name:	K Lots.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	350.1 KB 
ID:	414215

Coming in a little early yo. Will I curse the endeavor with my early kudos? No fucking way, cause those things aren't real. Way to go Mag! It may be easy when you're 30 to get a hundy, but let's face it when you're getting into the later years (we'll say) ya just don't recover as fast and you don't have the super quick twitch reflexes of the young bucks. So, as one old fuck to another - well fucking played MNIAW.

I think I missed the hundy on my retirement year by one (I could have been wrong as my tracking system was not as legit as August's here). Anyway, 99 was close enough that I didn't lose any sleep. I digress though, cheers buddy!! Kudos, and thanks for the TR along the way, super entertaining, thoughtful, well written and I got a glimpse of some resorts I did not know existed.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Coming in a little early yo. Will I curse the endeavor with my early kudos? No fucking way, cause those things aren't real. Way to go Mag! It may be easy when you're 30 to get a hundy, but let's face it when you're getting into the later years (we'll say) ya just don't recover as fast and you don't have the super quick twitch reflexes of the young bucks. So, as one old fuck to another - well fucking played MNIAW.

I think I missed the hundy on my retirement year by one (I could have been wrong as my tracking system was not as legit as August's here). Anyway, 99 was close enough that I didn't lose any sleep. I digress though, cheers buddy!! Kudos, and thanks for the TR along the way, super entertaining, thoughtful, well written and I got a glimpse of some resorts I did not know existed.
    Thanks brother. When you coming back to Magic?

Gotta think this coming winter my friend. I Haven't seen the Boston division of our Clan now for a couple of years and I'm so due! We'll put it on the agenda and try to get the whole posse of us up there for a couple days in 22/23!

Right on!

You brought the snow the first time you came, we're counting on you to repeat that trick.

Happy 100 tomorrow brutha, can’t make the trek. See you for the phish and the lobster

Yeah, definitely a long slog. Still buzzing from our day at da Loaf. Will definitely be back next year.

Congrat.s ! MNiAW ! !!!

skiJ

Goddamn you persevered MNIAW, even in hardpack bumped over bowls on your first run. Congrats and have a great one tomorrow!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Congrats on a great journey! One of the best stories/threads in a long time!

This is great. congrats
    Pls post pics and hoping it's a nice, sunny, slush bump kind of day.

Have you considered squatting at the base of Killington and going for like 120 or 125 days at this point?
    skid luxury

(( psst ! bbear...

he's had a bad knee since December...

well done, MNiAW ! !! 🌞 skiJ ))