Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Do you think Xi will tell Putin to wait to invade Ukraine after the Olympics or use the invasion as a cover-up for a slow news day?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Do you think Xi will tell Putin to wait to invade Ukraine after the Olympics or use the invasion as a cover-up for a slow news day?
    The border gets too muddy and swamp like after February. It will be before or during the Olympics most likely.

It's Taiwan that will have to wait until after the Olympics.

Anybody here ever ski that resort in China? What's it like there?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Venues for this Olympics average zero snow each year so I’m sure conditions are epic. The IOC sucks but staging a Winter Olympics where it doesn’t snow is beyond fucking absurd. Might as well have the summer Olympics in Antarctica. Oh wait the government of Antarctica isn’t going to give the members of the IOC a crap load of money. Fuck China! Despite theoretically being “communist”, they’re actually a fascist nationalistic government. The Nazis and fascist in Italy where both firmly behind state controlled capitalism, which is exactly what China is. I feel bad for the athletes. US Olympic committee is telling them to not bring their phones due to spying. I’m sure the opening ceremony will be mind boggling in the coordination due to forced training.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

This is the shitshow that the Olympics finally needed to drive home what a shitshow the Olympics have always been.

Bring it Coca Cola. I can't believe the IOC hasn't been completely disbanded. It really does shock me.

Does everyone not realize what a fucking joke this whole thing is?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Looking forward to watching the athletes even though China sucks and is currently rehashing their genocidal tendencies. I think the IOC must have thought giving Olympic bids to China and Russia in recent decades would help them clean up their act; not working.

I wish the Olympics would come to Oregon so we could get some new people moving infrastructure. There was a proposed bid over half a century ago that almost gained traction. Actually what am I thinking. It doesn’t snow in Oregon.
    "Let's be careful out there."

This thread is likely bound for poliass anyways so…

For the first time in foreverty, I won’t be watching…and won’t be buying. I get the athletes commitment and that’s sad for them…but I don’t understand how the US government isn’ saying “no” and boycotting.

There is almost nothing not bad about China. Welcome to 1936…we need a Jesse Owens…or, better, a 1980.

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Bruce Jenner?

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Bruce Jenner?
    Who’s “Bruce Jenner?”

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Who’s “Bruce Jenner?”

a winner who never knew defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    There is almost nothing not bad about China. Welcome to 1936…we need a Jesse Owens…or, better, a 1980.
    Or Jessie Diggins?

No?

Time to try the Goodwill Games again?

I've got the 2022 COVIDCHINAFLUWINTER Olympics fever!

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Or Jessie Diggins?

No?
    Jessie Diggins is amazing...

I'll be amazed if they can pull this off.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/17/sport...ntl/index.html

Tickets for the upcoming Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in Beijing will not be sold to the general public in response to Covid-19 but will instead be distributed by authorities, the Beijing Winter Olympics Organizing Committee announced Monday.

"In terms of the grim and complex situation of epidemic prevention and control [and] in order to protect the health and safety of Olympic personnel and spectators, we have decided to change the original plan of public ticket sales," the committee said.
    Groups of spectators will be invited on site throughout the Games and will be required to "strictly comply with Covid-19 prevention and control requirements before, during and after watching the Games."
    In a statement on Monday, the International Olympic Committee said those in attendance will be residents of China's mainland who have the required "Covid-19 countermeasures."

I wonder if they’ll “force” people to go, so all the venues look full?

The venues are going to look like this. Which is the height of IOC money driven absurdity. They are going to hold the winter olympics in a place where it doesnt snow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Beijing.html

Those are nuclear plant cooling towers right next to the bleachers in one picture, right? For christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I'll be amazed if they can pull this off.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/17/sport...ntl/index.html

Tickets for the upcoming Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in Beijing will not be sold to the general public in response to Covid-19 but will instead be distributed by authorities, the Beijing Winter Olympics Organizing Committee announced Monday.

"In terms of the grim and complex situation of epidemic prevention and control [and] in order to protect the health and safety of Olympic personnel and spectators, we have decided to change the original plan of public ticket sales," the committee said.
    Groups of spectators will be invited on site throughout the Games and will be required to "strictly comply with Covid-19 prevention and control requirements before, during and after watching the Games."
    In a statement on Monday, the International Olympic Committee said those in attendance will be residents of China's mainland who have the required "Covid-19 countermeasures."
    I'm sure it'll work out great. completely organic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220117-112822_Google.jpeg 
Views:	122 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	401482

Sent from my SM-N986U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Party cadre always make their numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    They are going to hold the winter olympics in a place where it doesnt snow.
    Yeah! Why do they have hockey, figure skating and speed skating on man made ice! They should be out on frozen ponds like god intended! And why do they build artificial rivers and pools for summer events! I'm going to watch fox news all day and really get mad!!

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Yeah! Why do they have hockey, figure skating and speed skating on man made ice! They should be out on frozen ponds like god intended! And why do they build artificial rivers and pools for summer events! I'm going to watch fox news all day and really get mad!!
    I'll bet you're going to be glued to the tv during figure skating, especially the men.

I'll bet you're going to be glued to the tv during figure skating, especially the men.
    Are you being homophobic or envious?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Looking forward to watching the athletes even though China sucks and is currently rehashing their genocidal tendencies. I think the IOC must have thought giving Olympic bids to China and Russia in recent decades would help them clean up their act; not working.

I wish the Olympics would come to Oregon so we could get some new people moving infrastructure. There was a proposed bid over half a century ago that almost gained traction. Actually what am I thinking. It doesn’t snow in Oregon.
    Rains all the time in OR, extremely unreliable snowpack. When it does snow, the quality is terrible and rarely cold enough to make snow.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Rains all the time in OR, extremely unreliable snowpack. When it does snow, the quality is terrible and rarely cold enough to make snow.
    So it would be similar to the Sochi games eh..

One thing we can count on is your endless projection

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    So it would be similar to the Sochi games eh..
    Much worse. Nothing of importance should ever come to Oregon because if it does we are all terrible drivers and will probably run it off the road.
    "Let's be careful out there."

I find the pointing fingers towards past use of man made snow as a catch all excuse for the location of these games to be pretty laughable. There was actual evidence of natural snow at just about every past Winter Games locale at some point in the calendar year (Sochi I’m not looking at you, the pre-runner to these Games).

These are just on their face, bought and paid for, sports-washed, farcical Games in a place that revives zero snow, hosted a summer games not that long who and serve no purpose but to aggrandize the spiritual home of a global pandemic that’s been ongoing for 2+ years, no thanks to the state-sponsored information blockade at its onset.

But fear not, I’m sure they’ll trot out their best female tennis player ever from the re-education camp she’s been in for the past 3 months since accusing a CCP leader of rape for the big opening ceremony. It will be grand.

The seats will be filled too by willing participants and all glory will be to the host nation when it’s over. You’ll see.
    I still call it The Jake.