Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Seems like all the men are skiing scared on the DH course. Visually the course is just disgusting. I figured these Olympics would suck. But between the bump course that barely had moguls, cooling stacks as the background for the big air and the ultimate WROD for the downhill. Well it’s just pathetic. I really feel for the athletes who due to bad luck had South Korea and China as the host countries. Both have very sub par snow conditions and venues.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I feel like Gu was lining up to be a business mogul who used to ski type. Not an grassroots athlete with little to no schooling who will need to stay in the ski industry for life. She seems pretty smart. She's going to Stanford. I feel like tying herself to China now could alienate her from some of the clearly good connections she could make at Stanford. I guess I'm wrong though.
    No, you’re not wrong. Otherwise she would be going to school in China and holding her US passport still.

This was a business decision by an 18 year old. Time will tell how it plays out.

Ask Peng Shuei how much protection the home court afforded. Much less for career prospects.
    I still call it The Jake.

After Jack Ma and Peng Shuai, it seems like a hell of a sales job. Has the CCP had a lot of success building empathy among ethnic Chinese people outside China? Is there an "our assholes" element there? What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I really feel for the athletes who due to bad luck had South Korea and China as the host countries. Both have very sub par snow conditions and venues.
    The alpine athletes are praising how great the course and preparation conditions are. They also praised the snow in Korea. The course conditions were awful in Russia and Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    New schedule:
    Women’s GS run 2 = 14:30 LOC
    Run 2 now scheduled for 14:45 LOC

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    The alpine athletes are praising how great the course and preparation conditions are.
    While they were praising it for the censors, I'm pretty sure they were blinking in Morse code: "shittiest WROD ever, corrupt IOC should not have picked Beijing"

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

The speeds are high on the downhill course, but it just doesn't seem all that interesting. The 41 year old Frenchman pulling off the silver was pretty cool, though.

Watching women's GS. This has got to be a record for the most DNFs in Olympic history. The athletes deserve better than these conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The speeds are high on the downhill course, but it just doesn't seem all that interesting. The 41 year old Frenchman pulling off the silver was pretty cool, though.
    Like I said, weird outcomes. Fucked up venues, all around...crazy conditions with the zero covid shit, and you gut really odd results
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I fucking hate figure skating.

agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Like I said, weird outcomes. Fucked up venues, all around...crazy conditions with the zero covid shit, and you gut really odd results
    Huh? The podium could be the same three guys at any venue on the WC this season. Do you follow this sport?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	272987222_10221742049805641_9183159437582645397_n.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	404767

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Watching women's GS. This has got to be a record for the most DNFs in Olympic history. The athletes deserve better than these conditions.
    Steep and bulletproof…
    made to order for racing.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Yeah theres no doubt the DH course is racey/firm surface which is what they all want, but curious how different the chinese manmade snow is compared to like a Beaver Creek (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a venue that is often mostly manmade early season?)?

Name:	20220206_202510.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	959.7 KB 
ID:	404772

Hes on painkillers

I've got to say I find the skiing venues different, but not really all that offensive. Let's face it, this could be the future of skiing with climate change in a few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    but curious how different the chinese manmade snow is compared to like a Beaver Creek (correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a venue that is often mostly manmade early season?)?
    That Chinese frozen H2O is pure shit!

Lots of MSG.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Huh? The podium could be the same three guys at any venue on the WC this season. Do you follow this sport?
    Agreed. That Thiery is killing it so hard this season at 41 has me a little giddy, and Feuz was Feuz again.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Totally. 41 yr/old winning silver happens all the time in the Olympics in DH.

I get your point though, Feuz and Mayer were not shockers and even Clarey isn't that shocking, he did well at Kitzbuehel leading up to the Olympics.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Steep and bulletproof…
    made to order for racing.
    No doubt. The visuals suck but snow conditions are better than Whistler or Sochi for racing.

Olympic thought:

The courses don’t actually seem that bad to me (debatable, I know)…but another thing is that the skiing there is just the courses…only the courses, so maybe not much or even zero opportunity to go freeski and loosen up and clear your mind a bit.

I wonder if that’s a factor, and if so, how much.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    but another thing is that the skiing there is just the courses…only the courses, so maybe not much or even zero opportunity to go freeski and loosen up and clear your mind a bit.
    Is that true? They don't have a second WROD for people (coaches/athletes) to go down the mountain? I assume they do.

Also, hopefully Eileen doesn’t say anything wrong…

I think this stuff is made in China!

Name:	EC993531-1D45-40EB-A2DA-35F7F5A5E883.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	390.1 KB 
ID:	404785