Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Father/son arguments are the best

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If this thread is any indication, the CCP is already off to a hot start sowing discontent among the western proletariat.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Benny, Benny, Benny, they need future consumers. And only mountains in Europe with snow are beautiful? I would think that a guy from the East Coast would realize just because mountains aren't covered in white that they can still be beautiful. The South Korea Winter Olympics got me interested in checking out mountain environments there sometime in my life. Ever see a ski area in Australia?

I'm super excited to watch the Yanqing downhill. It looks like something from SSX tricky video game.
    Jezuz. South Korea? Australia? Are you so bored that you want to go to those places?

One reason I lived skiing was the environment. Riding a lift on a beautiful Colorado mountain got me hooked. Vermont ain't so bad with snow. Fuck that brown shit. Might as well build a huge indoor downhill run with disco lights and shit. And don't kid yourself some Chinese geek hasn't thought of it. Put it right outside of one of those cities with thousands of empty condo towers. Put those things to use with the Chinese Airbnb.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Might as well build a huge indoor downhill run with disco lights and shit. And don't kid yourself some Chinese geek hasn't thought of it. Put it right outside of one of those cities with thousands of empty condo towers. Put those things to use with the Chinese Airbnb.
    Didn't they already do that in New Jersey?
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I'll take anything cold that resembles snow, fresh or packed.. I do prefer outdoors and snow in the woods.. but definitely don't turn my nose up at a WROD if it's not too crowded.

I don't get this logic of skiers griping about aesthetic things. If it's good terrain and there's adequate coverage I'm in. I could ski the rest of my life on a 300 foot hardpack manmade snow bump and still enjoy the skiing. Variety is nice but not necessary..

Name:  6gu6.gif
Views: 456
Size:  638.8 KB

Name:  6df3dc44-d282-4c83-8e93-9c11cc7b6a4e_text.gif
Views: 462
Size:  495.2 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    …. and China. They’ve 32 indoor ski hills.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'll take anything cold that resembles snow, fresh or packed.. I do prefer outdoors and snow in the woods.. but definitely don't turn my nose up at a WROD if it's not too crowded.

I don't get this logic of skiers griping about aesthetic things. If it's good terrain and there's adequate coverage I'm in. I could ski the rest of my life on a 300 foot hardpack manmade snow bump and still enjoy the skiing. Variety is nice but not necessary..

Good lord man, you would be so happy in a Soviet bloc flat eating gruel.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    No, that's just a beginners slope. And it just burnt. Not even open now.

Avery brundage used his Hitler Olympic money to buy Asian art, and laundered his reputation with a nice Asian art museum. Is Dick Pound gonnastart a German art museum? How are the IOC assholes gonna launder their reputation?

I don't think anyone is making that argument at all. As someone who cut his teeth on those same 400' frozen hills, I'm a staunch proponent of "turns is turns". Sking does not have to be Haines, AK or nothing.

This is the Olympics, and no one is itching to travel around the world to ski some dirt track designed by the world's preeminent course builder as awesome as it may be (outside of those on this forum and maybe some from Alpinezone). Even then, that's if the CCP decides to put snow on it again, for mortals and not a single WC stop, after the Games are long over.

If that were the case then yeah, let's just move the Winter Games to other laughable, but potentially awesome locations. St Lucia DH anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    If this thread is any indication, the CCP is already off to a hot start sowing discontent among the western proletariat.
    Good thing I identify as an imperialist running dog so I'm not getting too worked up.

^^^^ No Johnny Moseley? No Bode? No Lindsey?? CRAP!

I don't think anyone is making that argument at all. As someone who cut his teeth on those same 400' frozen hills, I'm a staunch proponent of "turns is turns". Sking does not have to be Haines, AK or nothing.

This is the Olympics, and no one is itching to travel around the world to ski some dirt track designed by the world's preeminent course builder as awesome as it may be (outside of those on this forum and maybe some from Alpinezone). Even then, that's if the CCP decides to put snow on it again, for mortals and not a single WC stop, after the Games are long over.

If that were the case then yeah, let's just move the Winter Games to other laughable, but potentially awesome locations. St Lucia DH anyone?
    That's more of a response to certain people dissing December Beaver Creek. I'd be all over that shit, no snow in the woods or not. As for China, who the fuck knows. If I was already there and it was open, why the hell not ski it?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Skiing in Saint Lucia does sound awesome.

^^^^ No Johnny Moseley? No Bode? No Lindsey?? CRAP!

That's more of a response to certain people dissing December Beaver Creek. I'd be all over that shit, no snow in the woods or not. As for China, who the fuck knows. If I was already there and it was open, why the hell not ski it?
    pretty sure the complaint is it’ll be never open again; a one off novelty.

skiing in st Lucia!? Hookers. Blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    In what way? They're basically drone pilots.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Naked

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    NBC has had practice over the last few years doing the TDF remotely, among other events. Now Costas can do his swarmy athlete profiles from the comfort of Connecticut, which will probably suit him just fine. No red eye attacks from foreign contact.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    pretty sure the complaint is it’ll be never open again; a one off novelty.

skiing in st Lucia!? Hookers. Blow.

Switch to the deepwater harbor.

Also, pretty sure Candide may have already lapped it.

Switch to the deepwater harbor.
    That's the only place I've ever scuba dived. Awesome, but, got an ear infection.

If this thread is any indication, the CCP is already off to a hot start sowing discontent among the western dentists.
    FIFY

NBC has had practice over the last few years doing the TDF remotely, among other events. Now Costas can do his swarmy athlete profiles from the comfort of Connecticut, which will probably suit him just fine. No red eye attacks from foreign contact.
    Wonder if they will still make & I will still see NBC Olympic jackets all over town in the months following...

OK China sucks, but can we get back to talking about Breezy Johnson?

Ben, every now and then you drop a real gem like this one. You said what we're all thinking.

Well, the NBA, like any corporation, wants in on China because it's a massive market of a billion people who like basketball. It's also irrelevant to all this because it can easily be played in an indoor arena. They all look the same.

Ski racing is popular in Europe because skiing is popular in Europe. You know, the Alps. Dolomites. Pyrenees. Etc. Beautiful places that attract millions for holidays. And because they are pretty places, they look good on TV. Fuck, it's why I watch FIS along with the Tour de France. The scenery. Who besides the most rabid fan is going to watch racing in dirt mountains. The fuck if I will.
    You're missing about 1/2 of the points...

You must be feeling well today.

skiing in China is one thing, that market you mention for other places.... totally another.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Freestyle teams announced. Some cool things in there. Brad Wilson named your his 3rd team. And Upstater, and somehow Perfect North Slopes, Indiana produced its second Olympian (Slopestyle skier Nick Goepper being the other)

Aerials Team
    Women

Ashley Caldwell, Ashburn, Virginia; 9/14/93; Elite Aerial Development Program (Olympics: 2010, 2014, 2018)
    *Kaila Kuhn, Boyne City, Michigan; 4/8/03; Park City Ski & Snowboard
    *Megan Nick, Shelbourne, Vermont; 7/9/96; Elite Aerial Development Program
    *Winter Vinecki, Gaylord, Michigan;12/18/98; Park City Ski & Snowboard
    Men

*Chris Lillis, Pittsford, New York; 10/4/98; Bristol Mountain Freestyle
    Eric Loughran, Pelham, New Hampshire; 4/12/95; Loon Mountain Freestyle (Olympics: 2018)
    *Justin Schoenefeld, Lawrenceburg, Indiana; 8/13/98; Perfect North Slopes

Moguls Team
    Women

*Olivia Giaccio, Redding, Connecticut; 8/15/00; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club
    Jaelin Kauf, Alta, Wyoming; 9/26/96; Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club (Olympics: 2018)
    *Kai Owens, Vail, Colorado; 8/16/04; Ski & Snowboard Club Vail
    *Hannah Soar, Killington, Vermont; 6/4/99; Killington Mountain School

Men

*Cole McDonald, Park City, Utah; 3/6/03; Wasatch Freestyle
    *Nick Page, Park City, Utah; 8/1/02; Wasatch Freestyle
    *Dylan Walczyk, Rochester, New York; 6/25/93; Ski & Snowboard Club Vail
    Brad Wilson, Butte, Montana; 6/5/92; Wasatch Freestyle (Olympics: 2014, 2018)
    *Denotes first-time Olympian