Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1536
    Outstanding for Finland, That country will be in no shape for work Monday.

Great to see the games end like that, and I'm not sad it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Why I never got a NASTAR medal!
    I laft!

So what was up with the Germans advancing in the team event? The announcers were confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    No one won on red.
    Shiffrins first run down, she won on red! And the girl on the blue course finished behind her.

My wife and I kept saying how strange it was that the announcers kept saying nobody won on red. They completely ignored Shiffrins first run ( and I think her only win of that event )

The team event was really fun to watch. Bummer the US couldn’t get that bronze at least

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Shiffrins first run down, she won on red! And the girl on the blue course finished behind her.

My wife and I kept saying how strange it was that the announcers kept saying nobody won on red. They completely ignored Shiffrins first run ( and I think her only win of that event )

The team event was really fun to watch. Bummer the US couldn’t get that bronze at least
    Ah, I didn't see her first run, but a later run she almost won on red.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Congrats Jess!
    YES!

Patterson with and 8th in the men’s race and 4 American women in the top 20 is an amazing feat for Team USA in the distance events.

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post

I didn't understand the last race with Norway. So if the US wins by 0.4 seconds they get the bronze, but if Norway doesn't even finish the race they win bronze?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I didn't understand the last race with Norway. So if the US wins by 0.4 seconds they get the bronze, but if Norway doesn't even finish the race they win bronze?
    So the races are head to head, so the last, (4th), American won, leaving the race totals two for the Americans and two for Norway, so they take the time of the two fastest men and the fastest time wins the total race. The other, (first), Norwegian guy had a faster time, so they win.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The tiebreak if it was tied 2-2 was the combined times of the fastest woman and man of each team. So in order to win the tiebreak the US needed to win the race, win by at least .4 seconds AND beat a specific time to get the combined time lower than the Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    So the races are head to head, so the last, (4th), American won, leaving the race totals two for the Americans and two for Norway, so they take the time of the two fastest men and the fastest time wins the total race. The other, (first), Norwegian guy had a faster time, so they win.
    ahh, ok. thanks
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    YES!

Patterson with and 8th in the men’s race and 4 American women in the top 20 is an amazing feat for Team USA in the distance events.
    I was thinking if they scored the race like they do cross country races were you get a number according to your place, and the smallest amount wins, I think the American women would’ve placed really high.

Dear Mr. Hubbs,

With the possible exception of this one, I have really appreciated your dispatches from the field. Awesome insights & clarifications.

Hope you had a good time out there, and safe travels to your next post!

Cheers!

PS - The US Nordic love should include the highest ever US finish in Biathlon (Irwin 5th in the Indiv!)

While I’m here:

Was fun to see 3 Canadian men earn their way into the Biathlon Mass Start -> 10% of the field

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It was weird before our bubbly friend with all the angry nationalist geopolitics. Much better now.
    It's like, okay Johnny Weir, we get it. Everyone monitored every single calorie you put in your body while you were a teenager. Nobody likes seeing little Russian ice skater girls getting doped by adults in a position of trust. You don't need to keep trying to kill Olympics Ice Skating

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    This is incorrect. Every medal athlete, even team sports, gets the Dwen Dwen trophy.
    During the Winter Olympics there 2 types of ceremonies. A Victory Ceremony, and a Medal Ceremony.
    The Victory Ceremony happens right after the event, in the event venue, where they get their stuffed versions of Bing Dwen Dwen. This is because it could take hours to finish event with the back markers, They dont want the people, both crowd and athletes to have to wait in the cold elements to present the medals.
    The Medal Ceremony usually held hours later at a separate location, where International Olympic Committee officials hand out medals, where they are also given a flower bouquet. (which is not flowers, but a knitted crochet bouquet in China).
    There are 2 medal ceremony plazas, one in central Beijing near the National Stadium, and the other in Zhangjiakou, (ski jumping, Nordic combined, biathlon and freestyle skiing/snowboarding)
    The exception to this is athletes from Alpine and Sliding sports, because of where their venues were located, they received their medals in venue.
    This is good information on Bing Dwen Dwen. Thank you for the inside look

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Ok. I had to click on the frozen penis link.
    Thank dog there were no pictures.

But having had needles and pins in my hands after they were frozen.
    I can’t imagine that pain in my junk.

But. You can wear something under that spandex.
    Think ahead. Keep your meat warm.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ok. I had to click on the frozen penis link.
    Thank dog there were no pictures.

But having had needles and pins in my hands after they were frozen.
    I can’t imagine that pain in my junk.

But. You can wear something under that spandex.
    Think ahead. Keep your meat warm.
    It’s an issue that most (male) XC racers become somewhat acquainted with at some point. Wearing something like this under one’s tights is a good start; notice the nylon shell front panel:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4138.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	391.5 KB 
ID:	406703

Another thanks for Dee Hubbs as well, thanks for your first-hand knowledge.

Can anyone else remember a Games ending with such a whimper or less of a bang? Here's hoping Cortina can reset the script.

At the very least, I hope Dave Letterman fires the show back up for those two weeks and sends Tom Green back as a correspondent in his mom's honor like he did in Torino.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Another thanks for Dee Hubbs as well, thanks for your first-hand knowledge.
    Yeah, thanks for the insight.

Dude, the Finns beat russia in hockey for the gold medal. First gold in hockey for the Finns and a huge fuck you to vlad. That's a great way to end the games.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Dude, the Finns beat russia in hockey for the gold medal. First gold in hockey for the Finns and a huge fuck you to vlad. That's a great way to end the games.
    That was cool, and worth staying up for.
    I still call it The Jake.

I thought the hockey was especially entertaining this round with no current NHL players.. Those kids (and retired NHL guys) make it quite exciting, all in on it. I didn't stay up for the games but recorded some of it.. watched the gold medal game this morning.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!