Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    I’m confused by the Bryce Phillips / Evo hate…. He’s pretty low on the evil rating, especially considering the actions of other retail founders and RE developers…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Having lived at the pass full time for 25 years and watching the changes it boils down to overly needy people who have some misguided ideal about Mt living and EVO selling a lifestyle that doesn't exist. Evo's developments were part of the reason we left, listening to people bitch about no fast food, ugly buildings going up, building most every house right up to the set backs after cutting every tree on the lot down, you would be surprised of the number of people who don't even ski moving there. Recently a 317sq ft condo with no covered parking sold for $317K, long term rentals are pretty much non existent because of Airbnb's, and if you can find one it's most likely a 500sq ft basement for $2k a month. The area gets gridlocked on more and more weekends, the median home selling price is over $800K ...I can keep ranting
    Most of the lot sizes up there are pretty damn small too, esp over by Silver Fir.

It's a noticable change in the last 10 years with King Co. picking up another 330,000 residents imo. Used to be it would get super crowded with non-skiers looking for any place to sled just over Xmas, now it is every weekend

Mountain living still has the potential to be dangerous- this little guy got shook off Guye about a week ago.

Name:  IMG_2769.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  201.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2774.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  138.6 KB
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Most of the lot sizes up there are pretty damn small too, esp over by Silver Fir.

It's a noticable change in the last 10 years with King Co. picking up another 330,000 residents imo. Used to be it would get super crowded with non-skiers looking for any place to sled just over Xmas, now it is every weekend

Mountain living still has the potential to be dangerous- this little guy got shook off Guye about a week ago.

Once the Sewer Plant is upgraded it will open up more development there's several hundred lots waiting. I find it odd that people move up to the mtns only to build some huge house that looks at the side of your neighbors never mind where the snow is going when the roofs start shedding
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I’m confused by the Bryce Phillips / Evo hate…. He’s pretty low on the evil rating, especially considering the actions of other retail founders and RE developers…

It's all good until it's in your hood, The Pass Life houses have been in litigation for multiple issues the top of the list is a shitty design for the PNW, wetland areas are slated to be built on, packing hundreds more people in who want Starbucks and other thing that many people wanted to move away from. Bryce is a decent guy in person but the developments that are coming are changing the neighborhoods into urban village look alikes that are out of character in the mountains
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

It's all good until it's in your hood, The Pass Life houses have been in litigation for multiple issues the top of the list is a shitty design for the PNW, wetland areas are slated to be built on, packing hundreds more people in who want Starbucks and other thing that many people wanted to move away from. Bryce is a decent guy in person but the developments that are coming are changing the neighborhoods into urban village look alikes that are out of character in the mountains
    That's, like, your opinion man! Seriously, this is the same battle that happening all over the mountainous parts of the U.S. West.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think you're probably wrong about that last part. There are plenty of people who want to live in a mountain setting, but essentially have exactly the same amenities they'd have in an urban, or at least suburban setting and that $800k median price is a reflection of that.
    Nope, having lived there, worked there, recreated there full time for 25 years EVO is like any other developer that is making a marketing pitch to sell real estate

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    On high camp:

There's some fun mini golf pillow lines close to the cabins if there's enough snow. Otherwise it's a couple miles of approach to get to the good ski terrain. I spent a winter working up there for the previous ownership and my favorite days up there were long sunny corn days in the spring. The approach can go super fast and you can spend a big day in big terrain in the Chiwakums and come back to the wood fired sauna/hot tub. Renting the whole place out is also recommended, but it's best to keep the kegs out of the sauna. There is definitely nothing that would make sense for cat skiing up there, the clear cuts below camp can be ok with a bunch of snow, but paying money for cat rides up the road would be laughable.

On Stevens:

Best of luck to those working or skiing up there. It takes a lot to keep those old machines going and all of the complex terrain open. Having enough experienced employees to keep things running smoothly was tough before Vail took a gigantic shit in everyone's soup. Stack the current job market on top of that, whooo boy... Problem is, everyone that rides the whole mountain already bought cheap epic passes so there's no incentive for Vail to give a fuck if half the mountain never opens. Broomfield probably couldn't care less even if the PNW bought fewer epic passes, they still get to put Seattle on their investment brochure. Shitting on their core customers has been extremely profitable for them, MTN is at $340, up 800% from ten years ago.
    Did you know Zeke at High Camp?

Nope, having lived there, worked there, recreated there full time for 25 years EVO is like any other developer that is making a marketing pitch to sell real estate
    I don't think there's much danger of Snoqualmie Pass becoming the next Vail or Whistler, but the very fact that it's within easy driving distance from a young, moneyed population base suggests to me its rife for this kind of development.

“I want to live tucked away in the mountains, but not more than 20 minutes from a grocery store or decent cocktail or bistro”

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    “I want to live tucked away in the mountains, but not more than 20 minutes from a grocery store or decent cocktail or bistro”
    It's the new, WFH American dream. Funny thing is that the Pass already has all that within 20 minutes (at least in good weather).

Live on a gravel road, drive a 72 f150,wear a carhartt jacket...
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Very cool. How about this one?
    I know he jumped competitively all over the PNW in the 50s including Spokane, Snoqualmie, Leavenworth and Crustal (the old Crustal jumping hill is to viewers right of Gold Hills lift.)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I know he jumped competitively all over the PNW in the 50s including Spokane, Snoqualmie, Leavenworth and Crustal (the old Crustal jumping hill is to viewers right of Gold Hills lift.)
    Follow the link to the King Co map vault to a plan for the Beaver Lake ski jump at West, there's some other cool maps like plans for the Sunset Highway
    https://info.kingcounty.gov/transpor...d=xpdRbK8hfyM1

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't think there's much danger of Snoqualmie Pass becoming the next Vail or Whistler, but the very fact that it's within easy driving distance from a young, moneyed population base suggests to me its rife for this kind of development.
    Lets not forget the explosion of Mountain Biking in the PNW over the last decade and the fact that Snoqualmie has the only bike park in the state set to open next summer. Just makes it more attractive. Live where you play, and it makes sense for folks who only need to be in the office part time to live at the pass, but commute down the hill for work as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Lets not forget the explosion of Mountain Biking in the PNW over the last decade and the fact that Snoqualmie has the only bike park in the state set to open next summer. Just makes it more attractive. Live where you play, and it makes sense for folks who only need to be in the office part time to live at the pass, but commute down the hill for work as needed.
    A significant number of properties are being bought for Airbnb some new construction is being built specifically for that purpose currently there is over 50 at the pass, a fair number of homes are second homes or vacation homes not primary residences

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Agree. He's born and raised in the PNW, is a rippin skier himself, and if someone is going to monetize mountain life at places like Snoqualime there are definitely worse people out there to do so. Evo recently announced they are pledging $10 million over 10 years to women- and BIPOC-led nonprofits that focus on breaking down barriers to the outdoors for underrepresented communities (The Service Board, Brown Girl Surf, Bike Works, SHRED Foundation, Skate Like A Girl and Indigenous Women Outdoors).

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...se-leadership/

CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN REPORT 12/8/21

Snow seekers, get ready – we are about to reopen, and stay open with expanded terrain as conditions allow. Winter is on! Daily operations begin this Friday.

We will be reopening this weekend with limited operations similar to last weekend. Beginning Friday, we will be open to pass holders with limited daily lift tickets available. No daily lift tickets will be sold this Saturday or Sunday. Monday, December 13, we will continue daily operations, opening up more terrain as Mother Nature allows

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Do I see chalk on that boulder? Add "world class bouldering within steps" to the AirBNB description.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B8746074-B385-43FD-9BCC-547AC02BE8C6.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	433.2 KB 
ID:	395905

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Did you know Zeke at High Camp?

Yeah, I had the pleasure of working with him. Best xc splitboarder in the Chiwakums. Good dude to have on city council too.

Looked like a heavy convergence zone over the pass all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    In 1969 a guy who co-directed a ski school I was doing a seminar with took me to that (Crystal) hill and three of us shoveled our asses off til we had a 10' kicker and perfect in-run. It took a full day and couple hours the next but it was massive. We were using a pair of 220 cm Sohler Bluebirds with 2 grooves, world speed record type skis. My intro to Gelande jumping at 15 and to say I wasn't scared would be a bald-faced lie. Biggest front flip I've ever seen was off that thing and an uphill gust lifted the guy to close to 45' , tucked it over but landed on the flat run-out. Thought he was dead for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    Yeah, I had the pleasure of working with him. Best xc splitboarder in the Chiwakums. Good dude to have on city council too.
    Ha! He’s sweetbippy’s(my partner) uncle. Awesome guy

[QUOTE=MagnificentUnicorn;6477992]Did you know Zeke at High Camp?

Dude was the hot tub master, ski/rode down with him and took the laundry sled back. Great Guy.

Things are looking promising for snowfall but apparently drivers suck just as bad as ever. Pass is closed for the 3rd time in 2 days.