Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2035
    hope you’re feeling alright!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Still digging out and waiting for things to settle down in Bavaria…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3162.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	400158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3167.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	400159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3170.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	400160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3173.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	400161

Gravity always wins...

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/skiers-snowed/

Vail is taking heat from all corners and I love it. Now let's see if they actually do anything positive to fix things other than put out worthless statements about how hard they're trying.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Vail is taking heat from all corners and I love it. Now let's see if they actually do anything positive to fix things other than put out worthless statements about how hard they're trying.
    Nah, I'm hearing a bunch of people have applied for liftee jobs at Stevens, even going as far as an interview, and have heard nothing back. It does seem like Vail/Stevens has already cut it's losses and punted the season....
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Baker and Snoqualmie seem like good alternatives for the Stevens crowd, maybe Crystal and White. Bummer really with all that snow and terrain just sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Nah, I'm hearing a bunch of people have applied for liftee jobs at Stevens, even going as far as an interview, and have heard nothing back. It does seem like Vail/Stevens has already cut it's losses and punted the season....
    FFS. Of course this is the season I decided to buy an Epic Pass...

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    FFS. Of course this is the season I decided to buy an Epic Pass...
    At least you didn’t buy four of them…
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

After the shit show this year and maybe a mass Exodus of passholders, maybe next year will be the year to go epic...

Xtal was a full of everyone you would think wouldn’t be there and none of the people you think would . I mean wouldn’t the masses pick a day when the other resorts were open? John and Jane forest queen were there getting in their first day of the season

Just saw DOT has HWY 2 over Stevens Pass closed until Tuesday.

On top of that the cambell lodge was closed . Waited about 90 mins for 6 to open which was really the only good snow on the Mtn as the rain crust went as high as the base of the lift

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    On top of that the cambell lodge was closed . Waited about 90 mins for 6 to open which was really the only good snow on the Mtn as the rain crust went as high as the base of the lift

That’s not where I saw the crust, I skied 3 laps of epic turns out of gate 5 and it skied good til the last 800ft which is mostly a traverse anyways

Also exterminator in the AM was sooo good.

Only got one 6 lap in cause I didn’t wanna wait in lines. M

Skied Niagras around 1 and it was fun but set up. Bear pits was surprisingly good

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    Still digging out and waiting for things to settle down in Bavaria…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3162.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	400158Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3167.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	216.2 KB 
ID:	400159Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3170.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	400160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3173.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	400161

They called out the National Guard or theArmy for you so just relax.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    Xtal was a full of everyone you would think wouldn’t be there and none of the people you think would . I mean wouldn’t the masses pick a day when the other resorts were open? John and Jane forest queen were there getting in their first day of the season
    This is something I've noticed over the years, the proliferation of seldom skiers when the conditions are all time but the logistics (road conditions, crowds, etc.) are terrible. I think some of it has to do with media hype and some of it is trying to be part of "the event". It's probably some variation of FOMO or something. For someone that is only going to scrape groomers why go during a storm cycle? Does it matter there is a bunch of powder if you don't actually ski powder? Why not go during a dry spell when the roads and crowds are better?

I tell people who ask me about learning to ski to go in the spring; roads are dry, crowds are smaller, visibility is better, you can wear less, lessons aren't busy, etc. Nobody listens though, gotta ski Daisy during a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    This is something I've noticed over the years, the proliferation of seldom skiers when the conditions are all time but the logistics (road conditions, crowds, etc.) are terrible. I think some of it has to do with media hype and some of it is trying to be part of "the event". It's probably some variation of FOMO or something. For someone that is only going to scrape groomers why go during a storm cycle? Does it matter there is a bunch of powder if you don't actually ski powder? Why not go during a dry spell when the roads and crowds are better?

I tell people who ask me about learning to ski to go in the spring; roads are dry, crowds are smaller, visibility is better, you can wear less, lessons aren't busy, etc. Nobody listens though, gotta ski Daisy during a storm.
    Monday at work -
    "man, I totally shredded Christal this weekend. Conditions were amazing. Best in years. Yeah, it was busy, but I know where all the secret spots are"

Reality - stayed on the groomers and complained about the crowds all day.

We frequently marvel at the packed parking lots at Crustal when the lift lines are either sparse or empty. Last Wednesday was a case in point. Both Northway and 6 had more empty chairs than occupied ones, we found loads of fresh lines and it was as if time had been turned back.

But on leaving around 1:30, B&C lots were full, E partly full. Admittedly F lot empty, but this is an instance of WTF with regard to where are all the people, particularly in the age of covid.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Arrive early, get one of the first few chairs and then suffer through the long line once or twice and suddenly it’s ski on with untracked or lightly skied snow. This plan works great on days with a medium sized dump.

When we get a huge dump over here it’s usually accompanied by warming temperatures and high wind. Every gaper in the valley shows up and it’s a zoo in spite of predictable shit conditions. All you see is a bunch of hacks tail gunning relentlessly(TGR, credit to my friend Bryce). It’s comical listening to people talking about the “all time” conditions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7091.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	458.5 KB 
ID:	400411

Name:	IMG_7093.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	619.2 KB 
ID:	400412

Name:	IMG_7095.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	765.7 KB 
ID:	400413

Name:	IMG_7097.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	625.3 KB 
ID:	400423

Name:	IMG_7098.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	666.2 KB 
ID:	400415

Name:	IMG_7101.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	652.8 KB 
ID:	400419

Name:	IMG_7104.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	761.9 KB 
ID:	400420

Descent at 1230ish down Ted's Buttress was pretty sporty with high winds that scoured everything off of the very fun and not at all terrible rain crust.

Beauty.

A good storm does amazing things to tracked out groomers if you're new to the sport or an easy-intermediate at best. When I was still progressing off greens and got to taste about 1/2" of powder I remember marvelling that it felt like skiing on silk and was instantly hooked.

...then someone eventually took me up chair six after a real storm and I got to experience the heroin rush of 3D snow on a powder day.

Absolutely incomparable, but to those who've never experienced it they don't know better.

Name:	Image1641776863.408168.jpg 
Size:	695.6 KB 
ID:	400463
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post

Name:	Image1641776863.408168.jpg 
Size:	695.6 KB 
ID:	400463
    that looks super enjoyable. assuming neighborhood lowhanging?