Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2035
    Going to the Seattle ProSki has always (under the current owners) been a chaotic shit show with a lot of attitude thrown at the customers for fun. Loved that place when Martin owned it, and under the guy (Adam maybe?) that bought it from him.

Pro Ski in North Bend have always been good to me. I’m a punk and don’t mount my own skis (mainly because I’d fuck it up).

Dropped off some old Billy Goats a while back for some quiver killers and new bindings, been almost 2 months now but I told them no rush for obvious reasons.

New building is much better than that closet they were in.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Howdy all! Non Mag buddy is going to try and get his OCT turns next week+, any one have eyes on interglacier area on Rainier or any pertinent info? Thanks in advance.
    You took too much man, too much, too much

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Howdy all! Non Mag buddy is going to try and get his OCT turns next week+, any one have eyes on interglacier area on Rainier or any pertinent info? Thanks in advance.
    Check TAY.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    Based on what I saw last week I would not go to Interglacier until it snows a decent bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by djhutch View Post
    Going to the Seattle ProSki has always (under the current owners) been a chaotic shit show with a lot of attitude thrown at the customers for fun. Loved that place when Martin owned it, and under the guy (Adam maybe?) that bought it from him.
    Sums it up for me. Adam treated me well. Lately I’ve used EVO, cuz of GregL, or North Bend because of location, though.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

After years and years of looking over at it from Snoqualmie Pass, I finally climbed Chikamin. Great time to do it with the Mineral Creek trail recently cleaned up. Name:  Chik2.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  93.4 KBName:  Chik3.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  108.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    After years and years of looking over at it from Snoqualmie Pass, I finally climbed Chikamin. Great time to do it with the Mineral Creek trail recently cleaned up. Name:  Chik2.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  93.4 KBName:  Chik3.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  108.4 KB
    Awesome! Some friends did it in August and the pics definitely put the bug in me to get up there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by djhutch View Post
    Adam was really cool. I heard that he lives in Chile now. GregL and Martin are of course legendary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D0C73981-7BB2-41C7-A816-7CADDBD73D57.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	607.2 KB 
ID:	427992
    Entiat yesterday before the smoke set in.

After years and years of looking over at it from Snoqualmie Pass, I finally climbed Chikamin. Great time to do it with the Mineral Creek trail recently cleaned up.
    Mineral Creek has been cleaned up? I have mixed feelings about that, it had become a bit of a go-to for the area it accesses.

And for the fact that I could always count on being able to park at the trailhead, because well, the trail goes in there, haha!

Name:	IMG_1997.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	925.2 KB 
ID:	427997
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

A dusting of new snow above 10,000 feet yesterday.

Name:	20220928_122830.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	428000

https://komonews.com/news/local/summ...mmer-on-record

And still dry as a bone with no significant rain forecast for over a week.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Northway View Post
    Mineral Creek has been cleaned up? I have mixed feelings about that, it had become a bit of a go-to for the area it accesses.

And for the fact that I could always count on being able to park at the trailhead, because well, the trail goes in there, haha!
    The history and reputation may keep you safe. I did Chikamin on Monday 9/19 via Glacier Lake with my son. There ware 3 cars at the TH, and we saw zero people below the PCT or above Glacier Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    https://komonews.com/news/local/summ...mmer-on-record

And still dry as a bone with no significant rain forecast for over a week.
    It practically October and my garden is still pumping out cherry tomatoes and green beans.

But La Nina looks strong and slightly increasing:

Monthly:

Daily:

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by ericrayl View Post
    The history and reputation may keep you safe. I did Chikamin on Monday 9/19 via Glacier Lake with my son. There ware 3 cars at the TH, and we saw zero people below the PCT or above Glacier Lake.
    I agree with that - going through there had the feeling of Moses parting the Red Sea - the vegetation will be back soon and I don't sense a lot of increased traffic (we did it on Saturday and only saw a few people on the trail, which included a few hunters).

Great trail pic from earlier days. Brings back memories of past-bushwhacking horrors.

I agree with that - going through there had the feeling of Moses parting the Red Sea - the vegetation will be back soon and I don't sense a lot of increased traffic (we did it on Saturday and only saw a few people on the trail, which included a few hunters).

Great trail pic from earlier days. Brings back memories of past-bushwhacking horrors.
    Good to hear, and I for sure appreciate the trail work, this trail would disappear into the alder without some help.

There’s still creek crossings to deal with. One trip in had some higher water, and no log to be found near the first mineral creek crossing. The crossing was sporty at best.

Beautiful country up there.
    Our great works of human enterprise will fade away with time. The mountain will endure. ~nps

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I've never had them do any work on skis. But wasn't ever blown away by their service when I've been in there.
    when Tabke was there the shop was pretty good....
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I hit a bear on Blewett today, around 4:20 am. It actually felt more like my car spontaneously exploded, because the only glimpse I got of it was a bear-ish silhouette at the exact moment of impact, kinda lit up like a camera flash in a dark room. So there was no swerve, no bracing, just BANG.

I have to say the next few moments were extremely surreal--it felt like we slammed through a portal in to a different world of darkness, confusion, time dialation, smoke, and muffled sounds (airbags are loud I guess).

I know my buddy Josh asked me if I was ok as we were stumbling out of the car, we determined we were both fine, and we turned back to walk down the road and see what it was that we hit. We missed it the first time, and figured whatever it was must have scampered off. Josh thought it might have been a rock, cause he didn't see us hit anything at all.

We went back to look again--a little further up the road this time and found the big spray pattern on the ground where we impacted. We followed the trail of bits and pieces about 200 feet down the road, and found the bear sprawled out on the opposite side of the road, almost directly across from where the car ended up.

I used my first swear at that point... HOLY SHIT!! It was a big old black bear, split at the seams and very dead. Some people who claimed to be hunters stopped by a little later and estimated him to be somewhere over 200lbs. They said "there's nothing left to salvage" and went on their way. Before we left I picked up his paw and felt the warmth and softness of his toe pads. I'm sorry dude... RIP, bear.

We did make it home safely.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm glad things worked out so you guys were unharmed. It sucks for the bear but as small consolation at least it was quick.

Wow. Sad for the bear but glad no human carnage.

PNW 2021/2022 Season! La Niña ahead!

Winter is coming…

Name:	Image1664661945.583227.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	428325

Name:	Image1664662287.783680.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	428326

Still waiting on fall temps here.

Name:	Image1664668359.314244.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	634.9 KB 
ID:	428332

This has been such a weird start to fall, it looks like fall but everything else feels like summer. I was hiking off the mountain loop today and there wasn't a hint of fall crispness, warm in the morning, the forest was still bone dry, it even still smelled like summer but the colors are changing and leaves are falling.