Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    To get the stoke back on track:

Phantom skied great this morning. Deep snow and very good stability up top. Little scraped out through the trees near the bottom, as expected.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211229_165548576.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	398686

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    What are the symptoms at crystal? Seems pretty well run and I imagine the vast majority of Stevens folks would be pleased if it was running like crystal. Somewhat expensive, sure, but that's Pugetopolis in 2021.

Vail should also be offering to pay WSDOT to nuke the traffic lights in Sultan and replace with roundabouts. I will never ski there other than once in a blue moon because of those lights, and I imagine they're a hindrance to prospective employees too.
    Ok stoplights can be annoying but they should stop you from driving down the road, not stop you from skiing at a ski area. Please explain why they might be a hindrance to prospective Stevens Pass employees. I mean I have never heard of stoplights being so insidious.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Ok stoplights can be annoying but they should stop you from driving down the road, not stop you from skiing at a ski area. Please explain why they might be a hindrance to prospective Stevens Pass employees. I mean I have never heard of stoplights being so insidious.
    Sounds like someone has never been stopped in a miles long back up caused by the lights. Plus it's not like you can avoid them or the road when it's the only road to the ski hill. The lights themselves may not be a major deterrent, but the traffic they cause definitely is.

It's not the lights that cause the legendary HWY 2 backups. The existing traffic circle at Rice Road creates the longest backups. It's often the spot where the traffic finally gets moving. Change all the lights to traffic circles and the backup wouldn't change. Simply too many cars for a two lane highway.

And some stoke

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	265.0 KB 
ID:	398687

Someone that lives in Monroe and works at the mountain used to have a 1 hour return commute, now it's usually 2 hours.
    Maybe roundabouts wouldn't get it quite back down to 1 hour, but I bet it would be pretty close.

Someone that lives in Monroe and works at the mountain used to have a 1 hour return commute, now it's usually 2 hours.
    Maybe roundabouts wouldn't get it quite back down to 1 hour, but I bet it would be pretty close.
    Even if all the lights and circles were removed it would still backup on hard on weekends due to the load. The commute has gotten longer because there are more cars, not more lights.

PNW 2021/2022 Season! La Niña ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Has anyone been following kooksofstevenspass on insta?

It seems they’re on a real mission over there to save Stevens
    Yeah I really appreciate that. Fuck Vail. However having the backside untracked for days while I slay the deep pow and hop over the rocks is pretty nice. It’s nicely manicured BC terrain now. Dealing with the traffic and BS is still tough. Holiday weeks though, what can y do. Just gotta sit in Leavenworth traffic and be glad I’m not in seattle because I cannot handle even Leavenworth traffic on the holidays.

Name:	IMG_6342.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	398688

Name:	IMG_6349.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	582.0 KB 
ID:	398689

Power out again at Summit today.

Bummer to show up with my kid and have to turn around. Luckily only 30 min drive home.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Power out again at Summit today.

Bummer to show up with my kid and have to turn around. Luckily only 30 min drive home.

It's become the new thing. The conditions report had a bit of an ultimatum for PSE in it.

As soon as the chair 2 lifty said "no power" I dipped out. Was next group up when it went out too haha. Beautiful day till that point.

DOT summit cams are back online, which means there's juice up there currently

Anyone have scoop on what’s causing the outages on the pass? Seems its clearly a bigger problem than a random line issue. Showed up at silver fit with groms just after power went out. Lines at central express rough and not made better by lax loading but at least some turns were made.

I skied white yesterday and was surprised that not once did any of the lifts stop or even slow when I was riding, from open till close. I think due to experienced lift ops. That was nice for a change. Too bad it's so flat...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I skied white yesterday and was surprised that not once did any of the lifts stop or even slow when I was riding, from open till close. I think due to experienced lift ops. That was nice for a change. Too bad it's so flat...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Tell all your friends. It sucks there and needs to go back to 10 years ago crowds.

Theres plenty of good little chutes and steep shots, btw. You just gotta know where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Anyone have scoop on what’s causing the outages on the pass? Seems its clearly a bigger problem than a random line issue. Showed up at silver fit with groms just after power went out. Lines at central express rough and not made better by lax loading but at least some turns were made.

Nope, we hit the same thing yesterday.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Power still out at Summit. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    where did you read that?
    this says open: https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/hours...ation=alpental

(edit)

nice consistency, this says power out: https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/conditions

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Pass closed also, due to zero visibility. Expecting 24" in 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    where did you read that?
    this says open: https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/hours...ation=alpental

(edit)

nice consistency, this says power out: https://summitatsnoqualmie.com/conditions
    Yeah. Cool huh? Wake up Summit
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    Pass closed also, due to zero visibility. Expecting 24" in 24 hours
    Gonna be deep

PSE outage map has a current estimate of 2pm for power restoration

PSE outage map has a current estimate of 2pm for power restoration
    So today is write off then. Tomorrow should be fantastic.

Crazy to see the road closed yet again. Driving night shift this year, it has been astounding the overwhelming lack of plow crews up there at night so far. Statewide, even. I only saw two plow trucks from Easton all the way to Lynden Sunday night. These closures are killing the transportation industry. It feels an awful lot like they just say "fuck it" at night and go home.

No power and 90 closed. Fantastic...

Try and keep up

shitspatzcrankwadsbumblefuckz.

Well fuck now what

I blame the anti waxers.