Page 36 of 82 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    ETA; I guess I missed the why of the new reservations? I’m assuming it’s an effort to curb the crowds?

Or, if I put my tinfoil hat on; an effort to extract more dollars out of the Ikon pass by restricting who can act use it, after it’s purchased?

Hopefully we will get a consensus on trying to keep the PNW stoke in this thread and our love for Frank DeBerry fdeberry@skicrystal.com and Alterra over here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Alterra/page37

Eagles Nest filling in nicely:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0259_LI.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	895.6 KB 
ID:	399331  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Hopefully we will get a consensus on trying to keep the PNW stoke in this thread and our love for Frank DeBerry fdeberry@skicrystal.com and Alterra over here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Alterra/page37

Eagles Nest filling in nicely:
    Fair enough. Ullr has been kind on delivering the goods. BRING MOAR!!

http://https://www.instagram.com/p/CYNED0nrbwp/

Pretty epic December to be in town for a couple weeks!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0F5DFF01-B725-406E-AADB-FC1CE07F5AFB.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	399346

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	658811D3-F734-4B62-B805-B0F8DFECFDA7.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	271.6 KB 
ID:	399347

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	68531FC3-8433-428D-8913-A490F3BAF039.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	266.2 KB 
ID:	399348

You too? My advice: avoid sneezing farting and breathing. Also don’t laughgghrrohh.

Looks like Snoqualmie closed for the day and both I90 and 2 currently closed.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Looks like Snoqualmie closed for the day and both I90 and 2 currently closed.
    12 too

Name:  Screenshot_20220103-094640_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  32.4 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Boom! Do they have a beacon on the Xtal snow stake?

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Could be steeper and more covered.

Fewer Teslas.

Looks like Crystal backed away from lift reservations, and went to parking reservations

https://www.crystalmountainresort.co...he-way-forward

For those lucky enough to make it to Crystal today, conditions were all time. Had several laps of pure untouched ecstasy.

A few miles on 410 were literal sheets of ice, definitely the worst driving conditions I've ever seen in my entire life. That was a bit dicey and ended up causing a 410 closure for several hours, and the resort all to ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    For those lucky enough to make it to Crystal today, conditions were all time. Had several laps of pure untouched ecstasy.

A few miles on 410 were literal sheets of ice, definitely the worst driving conditions I've ever seen in my entire life. That was a bit dicey and ended up causing a 410 closure for several hours, and the resort all to ourselves.

I saw some insta stories of ppl dodging multiple downed trees in the dark this morning

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

There's an Outback under there somewhere.

It took me 4.5 hours to make it from my house in Tacoma to Crystal today. From 8 until ~10:30 I think all the progress I made through Federation State Forest where I hit the traffic jam was people turning around. I had nowhere else to be, and made it to the top of C6 by noon and it was unbelievably awesome. Even at 3pm when I hiked up to the Throne (again) there were still tons of lines where you hardly touched another ski track.

That said, on top of two cliff bands (one in the middle of Hamburger, another over by Kelly's Gap Road) I pulled up short to scope the landings and both times remote triggered 1-1.5' slabs that flushed the cliff bands I was on top of. Winds were no joke and this snow is slabbed up fierce.

Tons of bombs going off in Northway when I was packing up the car, so I expect they'll get the gates to A-basin and Northway open tomorrow which will be amazing (though I'll be at work for the next few days)

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    It took me 4.5 hours to make it from my house in Tacoma to Crystal today. From 8 until ~10:30 I think all the progress I made through Federation State Forest where I hit the traffic jam was people turning around. I had nowhere else to be, and made it to the top of C6 by noon and it was unbelievably awesome. Even at 3pm when I hiked up to the Throne (again) there were still tons of lines where you hardly touched another ski track.

That said, on top of two cliff bands (one in the middle of Hamburger, another over by Kelly's Gap Road) I pulled up short to scope the landings and both times remote triggered 1-1.5' slabs that flushed the cliff bands I was on top of. Winds were no joke and this snow is slabbed up fierce.

Tons of bombs going off in Northway when I was packing up the car, so I expect they'll get the gates to A-basin and Northway open tomorrow which will be amazing (though I'll be at work for the next few days)
    What's Hamburger? Is it that fat looking cliff smack dab in the middle of the Chair 6 bowl? Someone asked me about that on the traverse today, and I had no idea what it was A few minutes later, I think I saw the same guy sending it off that.

^yes, Hamburger Bowl is the large open section below the traverse skiers right off Chair 6. Don’t know if there is any name(s) of the hits/cliffs

Oh dear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

What's Hamburger? Is it that fat looking cliff smack dab in the middle of the Chair 6 bowl? Someone asked me about that on the traverse today, and I had no idea what it was A few minutes later, I think I saw the same guy sending it off that.
    Yeah, Hamburger is the big bowl off to your left while you're riding up C6 below the Throne (on the side that still empties into Campbell Basin). There're two cliff-y areas right in the. middle of it before it comes down to a bench before the run-out to C6. They're next to each other with a bit of space between them that's kinda rocky. The looker's right one is more treed and less of a straight up cliff. The one of the left is a sizeable cliff this time of year that people younger than me like to huck.

(To the Crystal lifers: Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Avoided the pile up just before Greenwater around 745 and made it up to the lot by 8:40. Skied pits then waited for REX to pop and skied a bottomless frontside and exterminator lap. Went for some shorter West face laps to give the legs a bit of a rest before lapping 6 till close. What a day to break in a pair of (new to me) BGs....

Epic day, short lines, good stoke. Felt like a weekday of old..

I left a little later than normal due to the upper mtn wind hold and needing to get gas, etc. I was probably on the freeway by 6:45. I turned around at the pile up just before greenwater hearing sketchy shit from a friend further up. Went down to the claw, grabbed a coffee and found a restroom. Met up with some friends and headed back up. Waited again while 410 was closed. Got to the base at about 12. Went straight to 6 and waited in line there with the what was likely 75% of the skiers there today.. my timing was off today so not as much untracked as I'd like but skiing right angle trees in deep cold powder is probably my favorite at crystal. Skied a lot of cold deep chop. It was fun. I should have waited longer the first time around. When they opened it again they had two different HPs turning around semis and trucks and I hope doing chain checks. Didn't leave until about 5 and it was still 80 mins to the claw. Too many slow drivers and tough driving conditions.

We left at 6am from Seattle and ended up about 20 cars behind the stoppage before Greenwater. Waited it out for an hour and finally patrol showed up and started directing traffic, was smooth sailing after that and was up to the mountain by 930.

Then I lost a ski on my warm up run. Ended up renting some bent chetlers and had some fun despite most of the mountain being chopped up by lunch. Chair 6 line was ridiculous but eventually settled down in the afternoon so got some good lines there to finish out the day.

Going back to hunt down my other ski today before the next storm hits. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    We left at 6am from Seattle and ended up about 20 cars behind the stoppage before Greenwater. Waited it out for an hour and finally patrol showed up and started directing traffic, was smooth sailing after that and was up to the mountain by 930.

Then I lost a ski on my warm up run. Ended up renting some bent chetlers and had some fun despite most of the mountain being chopped up by lunch. Chair 6 line was ridiculous but eventually settled down in the afternoon so got some good lines there to finish out the day.

Going back to hunt down my other ski today before the next storm hits. Fingers crossed.
    Turns out we met yesterday, nice to meet you! I was the guy with White Eagle topsheet Goats. Rode with you on Rex.

Good luck finding your ski

Northback was too good today.