Page 25 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    This morning was ridiculous at Central. Ride on powder power laps off triple 60. Deep is an understatement.

fuuuuu, gf was doing aiare training up there and invited me to come to and dink around while she got edumacated, i opted to stay home for to two pointless meetings this morning instead.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Today is the last day of uphill travel at Alpental
    So does that mean that starting tomorrow skinning out to Source Lake needs to be done as shown on the uphill policy? Or is there still some flexibility on that until the lifts start running and things are a little more filled in?

Can confirm tasty turns at central this am. Vis in and out but mostly out. Not quite 3” on the rig now after 830 arrival.

Office bound now but worthy of an afternoon sesh for those fence sitting.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    So does that mean that starting tomorrow skinning out to Source Lake needs to be done as shown on the uphill policy? Or is there still some flexibility on that until the lifts start running and things are a little more filled in?
    You probably aren’t going to encounter much traffic exiting the BB but people should probably get used to the new policy
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

White Pass Ski Area For Sale? Shareholder Vote is Tuesday

https://newstalkkit.com/white-pass-s...EIYo1RBXveYh8A

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Can confirm tasty turns at central this am. Vis in and out but mostly out. Not quite 3” on the rig now after 830 arrival.

Office bound now but worthy of an afternoon sesh for those fence sitting.

The flat light in the flats was really fucking with my head. Definitely needed different lenses.

If any of you are up and see a big motherfucker wearing a green POC helmet on a big board, say hi.
    Hopefully I will be up there a fair amount this year

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    White Pass Ski Area For Sale? Shareholder Vote is Tuesday

https://newstalkkit.com/white-pass-s...EIYo1RBXveYh8A
    We should buy it!!

"Sale could result in longer lift lines..."

Good luck. On weekends the place is already a fuckin mess. Hard to make it worse when they're already parking beyond capacity by 20 percent or more. There's days you are stuck in the lot until the people they allowed to box you in are done for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    Mission does have some pretty good grooming. Can’t think of anywhere else that a casual 90mph has been recorded in the pnw. Some dude from Alpental that was visiting.
    I pulled 82mph on a 193cm snowboard a couple of years ago on Tumwater. Chair 2 was on wind hold so I walked over from 3 and had the whole run to myself so why not open 'er up?
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    "Sale could result in longer lift lines..."

Good luck. On weekends the place is already a fuckin mess. Hard to make it worse when they're already parking beyond capacity by 20 percent or more. There's days you are stuck in the lot until the people they allowed to box you in are done for the day.
    Maybe the new owners will put a lift into the Miriam Basin. Didn't buy a pass given the s-show last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Maybe the new owners will put a lift into the Miriam Basin.
    That's not within the special use permit boundary, right? And I don't see the boundary ever expanding to Miriam Basin as the PCT goes right through there.

Nice day in the park
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211217_140857.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	675.2 KB 
ID:	397170

Name:	20211217_145752.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	470.0 KB 
ID:	397171

First season turns at Crystal today. Overall the snow was surprisingly good. Hopefully the storm this weekend will cover the exposed tree tops and rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not within the special use permit boundary, right? And I don't see the boundary ever expanding to Miriam Basin as the PCT goes right through there.
    Hell, it passes through pretty much every other ski area in Washington already...

By, every other ski area in Washington, you mean two (doesn't go through Crystal). And the two that the PCT does pass through have been desecrated for other reasons. Stevens has giant power lines the PCT passes under, and Summit West has a bunch of old clear cuts and logging roads on the periphery. Contrast that to the PCT South from White Pass, which goes through unlogged old growth right off the highway and never gets very close the current ski area on its way out to the Goat Rocks Wilderness. Also, a lift in Miriam Basin would jongslaughter the sidecountry at White Pass.

The PCT does go through Crustals permit area at the top of East Peak.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

By, every other ski area in Washington, you mean two
    Well, as a lawyer I'm certain you understand the importance of precedent.

As far as I can tell, Miriam Basin is outside the White Pass permit area. Is there any precedent for a ski area getting the USFS to expand their permit area anywhere in the US, like ever? If anything, I could see resorts like Crystal getting their permit area reduced when their current permit expires based on changed circumstances (a whole lot more uphill travelers at Crystal today than when they decided to include the entire valley in Crystal's permit area).

See Stevens Grace Lakes Expansion.
    Excitingly, Stevens Pass has approval from the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest to add three completely new lifts within and beyond the current ski area boundaries.

https://liftblog.com/2017/09/15/in-a...oks-to-expand/

Really awful understanding of the facts, as usual.

"The Katz" life in the Stevens expansion plan seems a bit pointless.

If I am reading that map right, the new proposed lifts at Stevens are within the current ski area permit boundary. The ski area permit expansion is just in areas that people already ski from the lifts. Including these in the permit area just allows patrol for formally patrol these areas. In other words, it does nothing to expand the amount of terrain currently available form the lifts.

Can you name another?

And Miriam Basin is totally different that some crappy, worthless, low elevation, next to the highway, lifts at Stevens, that do nothing to expand lift served skiing terrain. Putting a lift in Miriam Basin would be like Crystal putting a lift in Morse Creek. It's a virgin, untouched, drainage, far from man-made structures. Oh, and I believe it is withing William O Douglas Wilderness. So it is never, ever, happening.

Name:	IMG_2493.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	207.9 KB 
ID:	397256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2557.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	216.5 KB 
ID:	397257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2591.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	204.4 KB 
ID:	397258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2616.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	397259

Gravity always wins...

If I am reading that map right, the new proposed lifts at Stevens are within the current ski area permit boundary. The ski area permit expansion is just in areas that people already ski from the lifts. Including these in the permit area just allows patrol for formally patrol these areas. In other words, it does nothing to expand the amount of terrain currently available form the lifts.
    Nice try. But the article clearly states and the map shows that the USFS permit area has been expanded, contrary to your false claim. Virtually no lift served folks ski Grace Lakes either.

I left details out specifying further expansion, left to the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Virtually no lift served folks ski Grace Lakes either.
    Now you’re just making things up. Grace Lakes has been getting pillaged by folks riding up lifts for at least the last 15 years. There is no area within the expanded map you posted which doesn’t get skied out on any given weekend.

Any money spent on the proposed lifts would do more to improve skier’s experiences by pandering the State to reroute US-2 around Sultan.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Now you’re just making things up. Grace Lakes has been getting pillaged by folks riding up lifts for at least the last 15 years. There is no area within the expanded map you posted which doesn’t get skied out on any given weekend.
    OK, I'm wrong. Admittedly I haven't skied Stevens much lately, not since the expansion has been approved. Other expansions include A-basin, Loveland, Lutsen, Lookout Pass, Purgatory, Steamboat, Snow King, Keystone, Beaver Creek, Bridger Bowl and on and on.

If people driving 80 in a 70 zone means that the speed limit has changed, well, that would be news to the state patrol I'm guessing.

Enough of this, I apologize for confronting bullshit. Again.

Ski on.