Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    They had more plows working in the eighties. WSDOT is depleted due to the vax mandate. I got caught in a 3 hour closure in I-90 westbound last Weds at 1:45. Like Bandit, I am used to that being a good hour for going across during a storm. Not anymore. There was maybe 3" of new at the time they closed it (due to semi spinouts). After sitting there for 2.5 hours, a group of cops came through on foot and made all 4 lanes of cars bunch up tight (like 1' between them on all sides) so they could force a commercial tow truck through on the left shoulder. I'm assuming WSDOT did not have a tow rig available that they could have driven down the wrong way from the east side. Pretty sure that tow truck did not make it through before they reopened the pass (i.e., total waste of a boneheaded effort). The surface conditions were still pretty terrible after it opened, as well as coming back the next morning. Never saw a plow going either way. TLDR: If you try to go over a pass this year during a storm, you'll probably get fucked
    Went up Snoqualmie in a school bus full of kids in the seventies.

Through the city of North Bend. Both ways.

They had more plows working in the eighties. WSDOT is depleted due to the vax mandate. I got caught in a 3 hour closure in I-90 westbound last Weds at 1:45. Like Bandit, I am used to that being a good hour for going across during a storm. Not anymore. There was maybe 3" of new at the time they closed it (due to semi spinouts). After sitting there for 2.5 hours, a group of cops came through on foot and made all 4 lanes of cars bunch up tight (like 1' between them on all sides) so they could force a commercial tow truck through on the left shoulder. I'm assuming WSDOT did not have a tow rig available that they could have driven down the wrong way from the east side. Pretty sure that tow truck did not make it through before they reopened the pass (i.e., total waste of a boneheaded effort). The surface conditions were still pretty terrible after it opened, as well as coming back the next morning. Never saw a plow going either way. TLDR: If you try to go over a pass this year during a storm, you'll probably get fucked
    I drove over Snoqualmie last Wednesday. The problem wasn’t lack of plowing it was lack of chain control. Every semi tried to make it as far as they could until they stopped moving. Then they chained up, tying up traffic in both directions for hours.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wickstad View Post
    You’re high again

This. On the Fiorini ski bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Ahh yes Fiorini's

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Ski-attle for me
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Edmonds for me.

Most of the closures are eastbound at 47 and WSDOT is staffing up again its going to take a little time to get the new employees up to speed but they are filling the jobs
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    You’re high again

Maybe. We did have to go through North Bend though….. https://historylink.org/File/20914

Maybe. We did have to go through North Bend though….. https://historylink.org/File/20914
    I remember going through NB too and the stoplight

Is someone really disputing that the route went through NB? Whatevs.

The bus smelled like oranges. And peanut butter. And Fritos. And on the way back like wet leather ski boots and clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

We were talking about this the other day on the lift. One adventurous girl from the skiattl bus earned the nick name "ski-poles"

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    We were talking about this the other day on the lift. One adventurous girl from the skiattl bus earned the nick name "ski-poles"

Smells fingers....

I don't know if she was on my bus, we left from Jane Addams Jr High and up to the summit to go ski on rentals with spademan bindings

The north bend traffic light was bypassed in '78.
    https://historylink.org/File/20914
    Edit: link was already posted above and I can't figure out how to delete this.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I don't know if she was on my bus, we left from Jane Addams Jr High and up to the summit to go ski on rentals with spademan bindings
    Nathan Eckstein. My mother and aunties went to JA. I went to kindergarten there too and had all my little league and soccer games there as a boy as well.

Nathan Eckstein. My mother and aunties went to JA. I went to kindergarten there too and had all my little league and soccer games there as a boy as well.

I played LL for Cedar Park Elementary did we beat you in baseball?

Is someone really disputing that the route went through NB? Whatevs.

The bus smelled like oranges. And peanut butter. And Fritos. And on the way back like wet leather ski boots and clothes.
    No, I was only commenting on wickstad’s stream of consciousness posting.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    I played LL for Cedar Park Elementary did we beat you in baseball?
    When I rode the ski bus we stepped into markers with Nordicas so probably not

Slightly more details on the slide at Crystal here: https://nwac-wp-uploads-prod.s3.us-w...-Snapshot-.pdf

Today is the last day of uphill travel at Alpental

This morning was ridiculous at Central. Ride on powder power laps off triple 60. Deep is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    This morning was ridiculous at Central. Ride on powder power laps off triple 60. Deep is an understatement.
    Yeaaahhh! Love to hear it. Hope more Mags are getting after it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B1BB6A9F-868E-41D8-802E-D141BF6AB35C.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	442.6 KB 
ID:	396982