Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    I am feeling quite unmotivated to get in ski shape, compared to last year. I think the biggest difference is having SW chutes being a goal was fairly motivating. So...

What are some mid-season and end season missions, I could shoot for? + who's coming with me??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y72....PoopyButthole
    If you need some inspiration.. https://www.jasonhummelphotography.com/blog/ https://www.whereiskylemiller.com/

Take on a couple big days out of Stehkin Lodge.

I am feeling quite unmotivated to get in ski shape, compared to last year. I think the biggest difference is having SW chutes being a goal was fairly motivating. So...

What are some mid-season and end season missions, I could shoot for? + who's coming with me??

Don't be silly. Look at a fuckn map.

Mic drop

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just FYI - Washington Pass, HWY 20, is closing for the season tomorrow.

"On SR 20 North Cascades, we hoped to stay open until Nov. 15, but with snow today and warmer/wet conditions on the way, the risk of avalanche is too great. We will close for the season tomorrow, Nov. 10 at 6PM. The closure points are MP134/Ross Dam Trailhead & MP171/Silver Star."

High snow levels with an atmospheric river will bring heavy rain to the mountains later in the week with a chance of river flooding.
    https://forecast.weather.gov/product...&highlight=off

Tomorrow's probably the last day until we get a refresh.

Good for the base though, amirite

Wow. Great pics Norse

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I'm more worried about I 90

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Your worry is likely justified. Drove home Sunday morning at 0230 and it was chains required for me in the truck with what seemed like hardly any snow. They were only focusing on a couple lanes and those lanes sucked. When they have more than just the top mile on either side to worry about, it is going to get very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    it was chains required for me in the truck with what seemed like hardly any snow.
    this scares me. The chainup areas are already packed with the vast majority of cars not chaining up. Hell, i dont even own chains, and haven't put them on a car since i was a kid. Thats gonna be a real bummer if they start mandating chains on all vehicles period. I liked my schedule of getting to Lot 4 at 8am and then hearing the stories on the lift about 11am of the subsequent shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    this scares me. The chainup areas are already packed with the vast majority of cars not chaining up. Hell, i dont even own chains, and haven't put them on a car since i was a kid. Thats gonna be a real bummer if they start mandating chains on all vehicles period. I liked my schedule of getting to Lot 4 at 8am and then hearing the stories on the lift about 11am of the subsequent shitshow.
    Hopefully it it isn't that extreme on their part. Keep in mind, when I say "truck," it's a Milky Way rig pulling doubles. I chain often. If anyone of you ever need some tips or tricks, hit me up in lot 4 this winter. Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Looking fwd to skiing with you this season

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Me too! How's the knee and shoulder healing?

Chinook/Cayuse Pass also closed for season as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    when I say "truck," it's a Milky Way rig pulling doubles. I chain often. If anyone of you ever need some tips or tricks, hit me up in lot 4 this winter. Happy to help.
    That there is way above my paygrade.

For me, the pucker factor is really high chaining up on the side of a highway in a snowstorm with cars fishtailing by at 40mph <5' away. Hard pass. Id be fine chaining up in a parking lot and then driving out to the highway, but my risk tolerance isnt high enough to do it on the side of I90 with the way i see people blast down the far right lane spraying kneeling people with slush.

That there is way above my paygrade.

For me, the pucker factor is really high chaining up on the side of a highway in a snowstorm with cars fishtailing by at 40mph <5' away. Hard pass. Id be fine chaining up in a parking lot and then driving out to the highway, but my risk tolerance isnt high enough to do it on the side of I90 with the way i see people blast down the far right lane spraying kneeling people with slush.
    Yeah, my wife is not a fan of me doing the routes that travel I-90 for that reason. She's worried I'll get hit. I am too, but I don't echo her as it'll make it worse for her. Coworker of mine was clipped a few years back in the Hyak zone. He got lucky and recovered. People are very wreckless in those areas. Slow down and give chainup areas some room. Tell your friends too. We don't want to die while just doing our jobs.

https://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-S.../dp/1594856567

(and nice pix, Norse)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    No way man f*ck amazon, go buy it from his shop. And other stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Don't be silly. Look at a fuckn map.

Damn, all those pics were awesome. But these two are particularly inspiring!

Thanks for sharing some STOKE
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Depending on your perspective and what vehicle you own it's either hilarious, sad, or serendipitous; but, the categories of requirements that WSDOT can mandate on roads are dictated by WA state law (RCW 47.36.250) and the law currently says they can't mandate chains for "all wheel drive" vehicles (which one would presume is both AWD and 4WD).

MRNP is its own thing due to being federal jurisdiction and so they pointlessly require carried chains for 4WD vehicles with snow tires on bare asphalt in the fall/winter/spring, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    Depending on your perspective and what vehicle you own it's either hilarious, sad, or serendipitous; but, the categories of requirements that WSDOT can mandate on roads are dictated by WA state law (RCW 47.36.250) and the law currently says they can't mandate chains for "all wheel drive" vehicles (which one would presume is both AWD and 4WD).
    Yes they can. And sometimes do.

From your link.

"The Washington state patrol or the department may specify different recommendations or requirements for four wheel drive vehicles in gear."
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Give me a shout if you want to go for a tour at Crystal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

From your link.

"The Washington state patrol or the department may specify different recommendations or requirements for four wheel drive vehicles in gear."
    Huh, well there you go. I stand corrected. I guess I vaguely remember them doing that on 542 years like 15 ago, but aside from that can't think of a time I've encountered it

From your link.

Every time I have seen it the pass will close with in the hour. Not based on any actual data or evidence I think it’s just to keep people off the hill till they can close it down with less people stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post
    Mic drop

Understatement of the day right there...

Mic drop

Give me a shout if you want to go for a tour at Crystal.

I will
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

PNW 2021/2022 Season! La Niña ahead!

Soon…Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636519595.046404.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	392183

Checking in and stoked for my first season in WA! Skied Paradise Saturday and skinned from the parking lot + only one scratch that didn't make it to the core, was a good start to the season for sure.