Page 29 of 82 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    I guess that 20% decrease in the price of this season's Epic Pass meant a 50% reduction in on-mountain staff. What a sweet deal!

Does anyone know Tom Pettigrew’s email address? I have some fine words to send over.

I hope everyone gets heavyweight underwear for Christmas. Looks like some extremely cold weather on the way.

Absolute gong show at Crystal today. Had to help a bunch of people push a car over by hand because parking ops had parked in an entire row of cars(100+). Fucking ludicrous

Daughter just called after sitting on Eastbound Stevens Pass for 2 hours only to have the State Patrol tell them it'd be another 3 hours before they re-open. Jackknifed rig and cars spun out.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I hope everyone gets heavyweight underwear for Christmas. Looks like some extremely cold weather on the way.
    I just plan on thinking warm thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by ts334 View Post
    I imagine Vail has some pretty good lawyers. They’ve probably done the math and its a better profit margin to run short staffed and settle a lawsuit or two than to run the place properly.

Quote unquote “eco terrorists” burned their lodge at the vail mothership 20 years ago. They were pissed about expansion into lynx habitat. Pissed off middle age suburban passholders are going to be coming with torches for their stevens lodge before long. Gawd that place sucks. I heard mission ridge is nice.
    Mission Ridge is too rocky, only gets 100” a year

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I just plan on thinking warm thoughts.
    Is there any significant risk of freezing pipes over this cold stretch. Definitely was an issue back in Michigan, and I figure the lowlands are used to nights in the teens and below.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Is there any significant risk of freezing pipes over this cold stretch. Definitely was an issue back in Michigan, and I figure the lowlands are used to nights in the teens and below.
    You're probably ok if your wax ring is up to code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverSurfer View Post
    If I was a Steven's pass pass holder I would try to start a class action lawsuit.
    I've been wondering when that might pop up....
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible" -Stanislaw Jerzy Lec

Quote Originally Posted by cascadianwarrior View Post
    I've been wondering when that might pop up....
    I wonder if Dan Samas would take it?

Just got back from Steven's, powder was good and was snowing pretty hard. They had three lifts open today: Hogsback, Skyline and Brooks. No Daisy.

They should rename Steven's Pass Ski Area to Skyline Ski Area at this point. Honest to god, there was at most like 500 skiable acres today.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

I skipped Stevens and went to play at Alpental with Phatty. What a day! Bumped into SVS and Mofro. Skiing was so good. No crowds and better yet…no Epic hijinks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640309062.754415.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	324.0 KB 
ID:	397920
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Hows Baker doin? Comin down once we're done with Omi Wan Kenomicron :P

Flatted a tire in a pothole on SR18 at 5:45 am.
    FML.
    I'll requisition some other family members car shortly on pain of death,
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 12-23-2021 at 11:02 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Just got back from Steven's, powder was good and was snowing pretty hard. They had three lifts open today: Hogsback, Skyline and Brooks. No Daisy.

They should rename Steven's Pass Ski Area to Skyline Ski Area at this point. Honest to god, there was at most like 500 skiable acres today.
    Does Tom Pettigrew care about Steven’s or is he just playing corporate checkers for the $$$?

Quote Originally Posted by ASP View Post
    Absolute gong show at Crystal today. Had to help a bunch of people push a car over by hand because parking ops had parked in an entire row of cars(100+). Fucking ludicrous
    I've never seen the drive to Crystal so bad. I left Tacoma late-ish at 710 and then just outside Enumclaw WSDOT had 410 down to one-lane (using the Weyerhauser Mainline) for reasons that I'm unclear of, seems like they got it back to two lanes right around when I got through it at around 845. Turned onto the Blvd at 915 and didn't park until ~1030. Total shit show of stop and go Blvd nonsense that was 100% the fault of parking ops stopping to talk to every 3rd car for 30 seconds and randomly putting some people in F lot or waving people past.

Otherwise it was a most excellent day. Short hike up to the Throne consistently yielded trenches, though there are still some shark teeth hiding under there as I found out by ripping open a core shot repair from last year, so yay.

I see Stevens is closing early due to snow.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I see Stevens is closing early due to snow.

LMAO.
    Ski area closed because it snowed 4" in 24 hours.

What a fucking joke

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I skipped Stevens and went to play at Alpental with Phatty. What a day! Bumped into SVS and Mofro. Skiing was so good. No crowds and better yet…no Epic hijinks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1640309062.754415.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	324.0 KB 
ID:	397920
    Try to keep it to yourself
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Vail may be trying to ruin Stevens, but fortunately they can't ruin the fantastic tree skiing nearby. And unfortunately, their attempt to ruin Stevens hasn't had any effect on crowds or the resulting shitshow on hwy2 in Sultan.

Blower light and deep, go take advantage, we don't get it like this often.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211223151211_IMG_6952~2.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	397951

It was brutal. went with the lady who couldn't leave the 'claw until 8, and had another call at 11:30. Plan was good in theory, grab a few good morning hours and head out. Not so much with 10:15 arrival. Fucking ridiculous.

I'm blacked out next week except this Sunday and am considering going then, but I fear another shitshow of similar (if not worse) epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by ptavv View Post
    I've never seen the drive to Crystal so bad. I left Tacoma late-ish at 710 and then just outside Enumclaw WSDOT had 410 down to one-lane (using the Weyerhauser Mainline) for reasons that I'm unclear of, seems like they got it back to two lanes right around when I got through it at around 845. Turned onto the Blvd at 915 and didn't park until ~1030. Total shit show of stop and go Blvd nonsense that was 100% the fault of parking ops stopping to talk to every 3rd car for 30 seconds and randomly putting some people in F lot or waving people past.

Otherwise it was a most excellent day. Short hike up to the Throne consistently yielded trenches, though there are still some shark teeth hiding under there as I found out by ripping open a core shot repair from last year, so yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Does anyone know Tom Pettigrew’s email address? I have some fine words to send over.
    Tapettigrew@vailresorts.com

Enjoy!

Does Tom Pettigrew care about Steven’s or is he just playing corporate checkers for the $$$?
    Godammit there's no apostrophe in Stevens Pass. The guy it was named after was named Stevens, not Steven.

There. Glad I got that off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Vail may be trying to ruin Stevens, but fortunately they can't ruin the fantastic tree skiing nearby. And unfortunately, their attempt to ruin Stevens hasn't had any effect on crowds or the resulting shitshow on hwy2 in Sultan.

Blower light and deep, go take advantage, we don't get it like this often.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211223151211_IMG_6952~2.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	397951
    Yall got Crystalized!