Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    thanks for insight everyone. i appreciate it. Original plan im heading to bellingham first to visit friend and hit baker sunday. Maybe baker will open by then or monday? after that was going crystal/snowqualmie for next 3 days, no plans, any order. Have vaca and east coast is in awful shape, so may just go for it and hope for best.

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    thanks for insight everyone. i appreciate it. Original plan im heading to bellingham first to visit friend and hit baker sunday. Maybe baker will open by then or monday? after that was going crystal/snowqualmie for next 3 days, no plans, any order. Have vaca and east coast is in awful shape, so may just go for it and hope for best.
    May as well keep driving north and head to Revy. It’s only 8 more hours! They’re getting nuked with 175 inches on the season and a 60 inch base already.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    May as well keep driving north and head to Revy. It’s only 8 more hours! They’re getting nuked with 175 inches on the season and a 60 inch base already.
    Just booked a trip up for February!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Or just go to Whistler. It's only three hours or so from Bellingham. Not exactly the cheapest place to stay, but you can stay in either Squamish or Pemberton for a whole lot cheaper. Other than the price the only other downside is the requirement for a Covid test and a passport to get into Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Probably by next weekend pending weather or possibly midweek.
    depending on the snow totals West could maybe be open midweek but not Alpental
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

thanks, been to whistler a few times. heading to interior BC Feb. Never been to the state of washington except for phish at gorge in 97 or 98 Played portland race track night before?? like going to new places so lets keep fingers crossed and go for it. Next question. will land in seattle friday night 8ish. never been. What part do i stay in for a beer, burger and close dispernsary, downtown? bellvue? in morning will make drive to bellingham, thank you again.

Not downtown or Bellevue. Hang out in Ballard, Fremont, Capitol Hill, Beacon Hill, or any of a number of other nice neighborhoods full of good restaurants and bars. Lots of ones I haven't listed further south in less expensive areas but not as "nice".

ballard seems my speed, thanks!!! ballard inn has twin room with shared bath for good price and athletic club attached. Sorry for hijacking and taking thread off course, appreciate all the advice. Cheers

ballard seems my speed, thanks!!! ballard inn has twin room with shared bath for good price and athletic club attached. Sorry for hijacking and taking thread off course, appreciate all the advice. Cheers
    Leave ur windows down saves on replacement glass

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Homeless encampment just cleared out today for you too!

Cuz

You’ll like Ballard for the reasons listed. A brewery crawl is in order…you will be walking distance to like 15+ breweries

Highly recommend Reubens for beer and Kings Hardware for a burger

For real though don’t leave anything in your car

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    depending on the snow totals West could maybe be open midweek but not Alpental
    I'm ok with this

Just stumble over to Hatties and get a stack of Rainier tallboys and the Hangover burger.

More gentrification at Snoqualmie Pass:
    https://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...w-front-porch/

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    More gentrification at Snoqualmie Pass:
    https://www.seattletimes.com/life/ou...w-front-porch/
    As much as I hate evo this sounds pretty sweet. Hopefully the breakfast burritos are cheap

Curious, how exactly do you gentrify a ski area? Is it diversification by well-heeled minorities?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Curious, how exactly do you gentrify a ski area? Is it diversification by well-heeled minorities?
    Modernization is probably the proper word, but certainly things remained fairly anchored in the last century at Snoqualmie Pass until fairly recently.

Modernization is probably the proper word, but certainly things remained fairly anchored in the last century at Snoqualmie Pass until fairly recently.
    Having lived at the pass full time for 25 years and watching the changes it boils down to overly needy people who have some misguided ideal about Mt living and EVO selling a lifestyle that doesn't exist. Evo's developments were part of the reason we left, listening to people bitch about no fast food, ugly buildings going up, building most every house right up to the set backs after cutting every tree on the lot down, you would be surprised of the number of people who don't even ski moving there. Recently a 317sq ft condo with no covered parking sold for $317K, long term rentals are pretty much non existent because of Airbnb's, and if you can find one it's most likely a 500sq ft basement for $2k a month. The area gets gridlocked on more and more weekends, the median home selling price is over $800K ...I can keep ranting
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Speaking of modernizing, here are a couple pictures I found in a book about Nordic skiing in Washington.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_114939.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	395840Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_114443.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	395841

Evidently Snoqualmie West is becoming a destination resort.

(and my FIL launched off that jump as well as the old Leaveworth hill)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    Having lived at the pass full time for 25 years and watching the changes it boils down to overly needy people who have some misguided ideal about Mt living and EVO selling a lifestyle that doesn't exist.
    I think you're probably wrong about that last part. There are plenty of people who want to live in a mountain setting, but essentially have exactly the same amenities they'd have in an urban, or at least suburban setting and that $800k median price is a reflection of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Evidently Snoqualmie West is becoming a destination resort.

(and my FIL launched off that jump as well as the old Leaveworth hill)
    Very cool. How about this one?
    A few other pictures, it's an interesting book. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_114311.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	395847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_114640.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	395848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211205_114351.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	395849

I think you're probably wrong about that last part. There are plenty of people who want to live in a mountain setting, but essentially have exactly the same amenities they'd have in an urban, or at least suburban setting and that $800k median price is a reflection of that.
    I think you're on to something; the well-heeled wanted their quaint, charming, and cozy mountain retreat... only they want it with all the amenities they're accustomed to from wherever they're escaping. Which, in its own right, is ironic.

I guess some don't want to truly get away?