Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1627
  1. #1126
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,745
    checked out the monstrous debris from the D4 on Kendall







  2. #1127
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    603
    Send it!

  3. #1128
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    406
    Did someone say rain runnels?





    90% of skiing is just looking cool

  4. #1129
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    268
    Found solid Junuary conditions at Paradise on Sunday. If anybody knows the person who lost an Icelantic ski up there recently, it is planted a few hundred feet above the "Nisqually Chute" entrance (see attached pic for reference). Somebody either stuck it there to be found, or by some miracle it punched in just above a cliff. Either way, it's easy to retrieve right now.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3942.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	507.8 KB 
ID:	401759Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3947.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	475.4 KB 
ID:	401760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3955.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	401761

  5. #1130
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cascades
    Posts
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapow View Post
    Found solid Junuary conditions at Paradise on Sunday. If anybody knows the person who lost an Icelantic ski up there recently, it is planted a few hundred feet above the "Nisqually Chute" entrance (see attached pic for reference). Somebody either stuck it there to be found, or by some miracle it punched in just above a cliff. Either way, it's easy to retrieve right now.
    That ski was there on 11/20/2021 too. Interesting that Muir corned up on Sunday; on Saturday it was an exercise in connecting ribbons of wind drifts between scoured ice. Great views, though!
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

  6. #1131
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    610
    someone bring the snow back!

  7. #1132
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Did someone say rain runnels?

    This would make a fantastic large framed photo

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  8. #1133
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Last Best City in the Last Best Place
    Posts
    5,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    This would make a fantastic large framed photo

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    For anybody but a skier.

  9. #1134
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    8,897
    Those runnel pics are awesome!

  10. #1135
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    This would make a fantastic large framed photo

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    PM me and I'll send ya the full res

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    For anybody but a skier.
    Truth...scariest/worst punchable crust I've skied in the a long time...
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

  11. #1136
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,478
    Great pic for explaining fall line to a new skier.

  12. #1137
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,924
    Seems like it would be awesome in black and white too. And also reaffirmation of why I didn't ski last weekend.

  13. #1138
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    2,843
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    Truth...scariest/worst punchable crust I've skied in the a long time...
    one of the NWAC reporters described skiing it as "at times character building"

  14. #1139
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    3,293
    Jesus Christ:

    “I would not say there’s a good chance of rain until February,” said meteorologist Jacob DeFlitch

    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...her-could-end/

  15. #1140
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    385
    Year two of a La Nina has historically been dry in January. February, March and April historically have been pretty amazing.

  16. #1141
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    Year two of a La Nina has historically been dry in January. February, March and April historically have been pretty amazing.
    Yep, nothing to see here. Pretty much normal for January.

  17. #1142
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wenatchee
    Posts
    11,546
    Oh no, a few weeks of high pressure in January!

    This is the norm


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #1143
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,108
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Oh no, a few weeks of high pressure in January!

    This is the norm


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm banging out yardwork projects like crazy right now so I don't have to sacrifice time later when the great snow machine in the sky starts up again. I'd rather high pressure for a few weeks of gorgeous weather than an all you can eat pineapple buffet.

  19. #1144
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Ellensburg
    Posts
    515
    Poking around on blewett today... W to SW aspects that still have coverage are holding something akin to spring corn with a supportive base. Anything that doesn't get solar exposure was covered in a heinous crust that was sometimes ski penetrable, sometimes not, boot pen to the ground.

    I saw this ridge earlier this year when gathering foliage, had to ski it:


    Top of the line with a brushy "drop in".


    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  20. #1145
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Under a bridge in YakTown waiting for the shuttle to Nachos
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    I'm banging out yardwork projects like crazy right now so I don't have to sacrifice time later when the great snow machine in the sky starts up again. I'd rather high pressure for a few weeks of gorgeous weather than an all you can eat pineapple buffet.
    My yardwork remains buried in snow. This inversion on the east side is getting old. Is the norm, but I don't have to like it. On the plus side, my skinny ski criterium loop in my yard is still in play.

  21. #1146
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    N. Idaho
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Yep, nothing to see here. Pretty much normal for January.
    *Juneuary

  22. #1147
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8,838
    Quote Originally Posted by trey View Post
    *Juneuary
    Juneuary, fir Fucks sake man.,..

    Is this the new normal of annoying terms?


    June is pretty wet around here so doesnt even make sense.

    Julyuary?


    Holy shit wheres the Tylenol




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  23. #1148
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    4,366
    Skied UT for a few days and when I mentioned I was from the Seattle area, people asked "Do you ski Stevens Pass?" to which I responded "Yes". The follow on was always something like "Boy, Vail really screwed up that mountain, didn't they?!"

    In other news, not sure if people saw that new Tom is trying to get Kehr's (Big Chief) open by Saturday and gave a very loose target of getting the backside open in two weeks. Of course, the snow is "meh" but at least it could help manage the crowds. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  24. #1149
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2,035
    Sure hope they figure it out in time to "save the season" so we don't get a shit ton of Jerry's at Alpy next year

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

  25. #1150
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,478
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Sure hope they figure it out in time to "save the season" so we don't get a shit ton of Jerry's at Alpy next year

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Too late. You were there for that lemming line up when the High T opened for business. They were everywhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •