Page 19 of 80 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    Spent new years on Three Sisters Backcountry's hut to hut traverse. Despite being designed as an off-trail nordic thing, we ad-libbed in a good amount of vert and some very fun skiing. If anyone here is affiliated with that operation, kudos and thanks all around!

Attachment 399470
    Attachment 399471
    Very cool, their operation is top notch. Haven’t checked out the hut-hut yet but good to know you got some vert in

Holy Christ that was one dicey drive to Meadows. Good luck getting up here to all the powder techs out there.

Full on blizzard in Bend. Don't do anything stupid and for the love of baby Jesus stay out of the trees on your drive to where ever it is you are going.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Sound advice on the trees. Power is still on so that's good. Day drinking weather.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Sound advice on the trees. Power is still on so that's good. Day drinking weather.
    Yes, it's important to stay hydrated. People often make the mistake of not drinking enough when it's snowing outside.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Full on blizzard in Bend. Don't do anything stupid and for the love of baby Jesus stay out of the trees on your drive to where ever it is you are going.
    and by powder techs, you mean the numpties chaining up in the middle of the road?

Snow packed roads. No rules.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Holy Christ that was one dicey drive to Meadows. Good luck getting up here to all the powder techs out there.
    Any idea on the epic fail today?

I'm guessing the holidays are over and a labor shortage. Not enough snow plows, but the last 4 weeks they've kept up.
    The Christmas break is over and we all want a vacation?
    Everyone's tired and don't give a shit anymore?
    I know it's blizzard conditions, but for only 7" overnight this seems odd to be handled so poorly

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post

I'm guessing the holidays are over and a labor shortage. Not enough snow plows, but the last 4 weeks they've kept up.
    I know it's blizzard conditions, but for only 7" overnight this seems odd to be handled so poorly
    I-84 is closed through the Gorge, too. My guess is a lot of resources pushed that way instead of up the mountain.

White out conditions + idiots without proper tires/traction. Once you get on 35 all it takes is one or two mental defectives to ruin the party for everyone. Also, I saw the initial reports of 7" overnight but now MHM is reporting 20" in the last 12hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I-84 is closed through the Gorge, too. My guess is a lot of resources pushed that way instead of up the mountain.
    Tripcheck makes it look like a shitshow out there. The Gorge looks whiteout and gnar. Hood looks wedged with possible crashes. Gooood times.

partners outta town, anyone wanna link up at bachelor tomorrow?

Be here now. Vibes to those that can't. Waist deep plowing. Absolutely ridiculous!

A friend just texted— he got turned around at 35 due to a wreck. He tried Tline but closed
    Must be good storm up there

Quote Originally Posted by river59 View Post
    Be here now. Vibes to those that can't. Waist deep plowing. Absolutely ridiculous!
    Get some extra for us

Quote Originally Posted by doubleeject View Post
    White out conditions + idiots without proper tires/traction. Once you get on 35 all it takes is one or two mental defectives to ruin the party for everyone. Also, I saw the initial reports of 7" overnight but now MHM is reporting 20" in the last 12hrs.
    I also just saw that Bachelor is opening Sunrise side today.
    Obviously it's worse than telemetry and live cams are showing

All it takes is for ODOT to get behind on roads and idiots with "all season" tires think they can make the drive without chains

It’s a lot more than that in govy. I’m guessing with how light the snow is, it’s filling in close to 20”+ by now. At least an inch an hour this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The Gorge looks whiteout and gnar.
    It's not that bad. No wind and you can see across the Columbia. About 24" on the ground.

We're gonna need a bigger snowstake!!!

Doc said I'm cleared to ski, but hold off on 20 foot cliffs and cork 7's

I also just saw that Bachelor is opening Sunrise side today.
    Obviously it's worse than telemetry and live cams are showing

All it takes is for ODOT to get behind on roads and idiots with "all season" tires think they can make the drive without chains
    Snow is coming down about 2”/hr
    Winds are gusting 55-65 on the east side
    Down to a mere 80+ on NWX, was over 100mph earlier on PMX before the wind gauge broke

Snowing 2"/hr, Wind gauges kaput, Snowstake buried, I don't see a problem.

Doc said I'm cleared to ski, but hold off on 20 foot cliffs and cork 7's
    Sweet, 19' cliffs almost feel like 20 footers and no one is going to give you a hard time for doing an uncorked 7 hundy. Although they may ask why you didn't pull a mute grab.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post
    Snowing 2"/hr, Wind gauges kaput, Snowstake buried, I don't see a problem.
    A 3’ saturated layer on top of a 5’ cold dry layer is no bueno

Man, I was bummed this morning because our road wasn’t plowed and no chance of driving to get to the mountain.

Instead, did some redneck shit and was braaaaapping all over hood river and towing my buddy. No regrets, so much fun. Mega deep face shots on the sled in post canyon and on may st.

Apologies to all those who were offended by our borderline reckless behavior.

Height of snow = above my great Pyrenees’ shoulders. Attached dog pic from 7am. It got deeper…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3151.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	399602

Name:	IMG_2595.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	399603

Name:	IMG_2597.JPG