Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Saw a guy on Monday at MtB with a helmet like that. No beer cans though, and he was in full Viking regalia

In other news, the closest 50 yards of the upper SR lot is now paid parking. Like 50-60 vehicles worth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1F3A644E-F173-4298-9EBC-7DEF8A8B61D1.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	780.4 KB 
ID:	397239

When I left at 1:30 there were three lonely vehicles in the paid space.

I wonder if someone patrols the paid area after the parking crew splits late AM?

If we tailgate, can we qualify as a food truck & hit the front?

Maybe, but then Mt B would likely charge us a royalty on our “sales” even if they have to come up with an imputed price.

And with your skill as a grillmeister, they would likely think your fare is worth more than the other carts.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    preach!
    Speaking of, I was asked by a guy on the chair yesterday “what is that sticker with the guy that says Believe?”

I don’t think he was prepared when I responded
    “That is the Gaper Spirit Animal. Praise be unto him! By the harness, by the pack, and by the double GroPro. Amen!”

I then recited The Story from Genesis (tram at ‘bird) to Self Awareness at Thompson Pass.

The ride was quiet after that…

Went for what I thought would be a straightforward tour yesterday. Shenanigans ensued, including copious downhill skinning through minefields, breakable funk on top of bottomless powder, and rocks stumps and logs galore. One of those rare days when the uphill was way more enjoyable than the down. Still better to be out than in.

Spot the interloper:

Name:	KIMG1772 (2).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	937.9 KB 
ID:	397285

The Bird is the Word.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Hot trash at Meadows today, hopefully tomorrow is better.
    Training for Alpental

Anybody make it to Meadows today? Wondering if it will be worth the drive this evening?

Some heavy cream at Bachelor this morning. No crowds. Some typical lift line buffoonery from tourons who couldn't figure out the lift line at Pine Marten. Pretty funny to watch people with Ikon Passes not able to go through the Fast Tracks gates.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Name:  b08ffa08-f647-475e-8ddd-7c5690a3187b._CR0,0,521,521_PT0_SX300__.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  22.4 KB
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Yeah, looked pretty damp on the cams
    By “Ikon passes not able to go thru the Fast Tracks gates” are you saying they thought their Ikon pass entitled them to Fast Tracks at no extra charge?

Or just general difficulty getting thru the gates because their pass is nowhere near the reader?

Or is this even more basic difficulty; like the maggot who ate, against my advice, an entire one of my brownies in one quick sitting, then ended up straddling the NWX turnstile and falling?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    By “Ikon passes not able to go thru the Fast Tracks gates” are you saying they thought their Ikon pass entitled them to Fast Tracks at no extra charge?

Or just general difficulty getting thru the gates because their pass is nowhere near the reader?

Or is this even more basic difficulty; like the maggot who ate, against my advice, an entire one of my brownies in one quick sitting, then ended up straddling the NWX turnstile and falling?
    Wait... That's happened more than once?

The turnstile part I mean. Those involved know who they are ...

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Wait... That's happened more than once?

The turnstile part I mean. Those involved know who they are ...

Sounds like a gaper. I hear those brownies are potent in the mags defense...

Lots of different people have that jacket though.

^^^FKNA!
    I had no idea there was photographic evidence
    Big to Mattig

Yes, for some reason they thought their Ikon Passes would get them through the magical gates of Fast Track nirvana. OR more likely they didn't realize they were in the Fast Tracks lanes.

Also there were a bunch of Gomers who didn't realize there's more than one singles line for Pine Marten. Worked out well for me as I strolled up to 2nd in line for the singles line next to the Fast Tracks set up. There were like 6 people queued up in the other singles line. I ended up 2nd chair due to additional stupification by yet more tourons who couldn't get their passes to read. No complaints. It made for good entertainment.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

From spring 2016

Name:	Image1639973443.859501.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	397530

^^^Gepeto?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Yes, for some reason they thought their Ikon Passes would get them through the magical gates of Fast Track nirvana. OR more likely they didn't realize they were in the Fast Tracks lanes.

<snip>
    No complaints. It made for good entertainment.
    I have this visual of MLK weekend and the fast tracks lanes are plugged by a lone gaper in the wrong line (or left his golden ticket in the Escalade), those behind said gaper are demanding to speak with the manager, while the proles move right on thru.

I sort of look forward to observing demand patterns for the paid parking and fast tracks “experience enhancements” during the next two weeks. Sort of…

This also has me thinking about possible Fifth Column actions to devalue the “Fast Tracks Experience”…

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    From spring 2016

Name:	Image1639973443.859501.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	397530
    Jerry?

^^^FKNA!
    I had no idea there was photographic evidence
    Big to Mattig
    This feels like deja vu\ground hogs day, and we've done this one before. I guess at this point I can be thankful that my new resort does not have the fancy RFID gates. (No FastPass line either unfortunately)

And I’m out of the brownie business…

And I’m out of the brownie business…
    That will not hurt. I'd also add, I am much wiser now.

You know, nobody said that was you getting owned by a gate - we were trying to let you retain some dignity

Hwy 35 was a disaster, pulled the plug and turned around about 9am.

MHM suggests bringing a shovel to dig your car out at the end of the day. That's awful nice of them.

Main Lot full, parking Sunrise. Heavy snowfall all night with continued moderate to heavy snow most of the day. Bring a shovel to help extricate your car at end of the day, if needed. Tickets must be purchased online in advance. We're open from 9 to 4.