Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1984
    Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post
    How many years is your Sahale pass good for?
    still two winters to go

And now a word from our sponsors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220511_100850.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	637.9 KB 
ID:	416038

Name:	20220511_100857.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	685.6 KB 
ID:	416039
    Speaking of Oregonians.
    Last edited by jonesy; 05-11-2022 at 04:34 PM.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Get off MY SNOW!!!

MHM has offered a way to upload an updated photo to your pass

I’m wondering how tolerant they will be for creative head shots

Hey, I never liked my mugshot... I’m gonna photoshop to make myself 20 years younger and brush in some thick fumanchu eyebrows and long goatees.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Hey, I never liked my mugshot... I’m gonna photoshop to make myself 20 years younger and brush in some thick fumanchu eyebrows and long goatees.
    high school year book photo?

There's a app for that.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Empty parking lot - Check

Conditions acceptable for skiing switch to the lot - Check

Proper signage to avoid confusion - Check

Fresh May powder shredding - Check

"We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Heading to California first week of July. I would like to ski Timberline for a few days on the way. July 3,4,5 somewhere around there. Wondering if anyone could recommend a campground. Will have family and dog along. How is the snow pack looking down there?
    any beta would be appreciated. Thx

Lots of campgrounds at mountain lakes around there (Trillium, Clear, Timothy, Frog). Trillium is the closest, but will be the most crowded. But everything will be crowded that weekend. If you are self contained, you can camp anywhere on the National Forest unless it says you can't. Mt Hood Meadows will be closed but the parking lot there (or Hood River Meadows parking lot) could be a sleeper pick to avoid the masses, and relatively quick drive back to Timberline. Use trailforks to figure out what trails you can and can't bike on (can't bike on the Pacific Crest Trail). Little Crater Lake (crystal clear and ice cold spring lake) and Timothy Lake area is a bit far from Timberline, but one of my favorite spots up there. Bring bug spray.

https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    Heading to California first week of July. I would like to ski Timberline for a few days on the way. July 3,4,5 somewhere around there. Wondering if anyone could recommend a campground. Will have family and dog along. How is the snow pack looking down there?
    any beta would be appreciated. Thx
    I've had luck grabbing spots at both Timothy Lake and Clear Lake over the 4th, in the past.

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

That weekend was busy to start & the current vibe in OR campgrounds is that anything reservable for weekends/holidays was reserved at the 6mo start date for the reservation window.

Still a bunch of snow at the campgrounds nearest Govy…but it should be melted by July

Clear Lake has been an unregulated party spot in the past (music late into the night) so I’ve not been in many years…maybe it’s changed? Timothy Lake is a little more civilized for families tho busy because of its size.
    Boondocking Mt Hood Natl Forest land also works, tho with #vanlife it’s not as easy/available as in the past

There are more Sprinter vans & Jeeps with trailers in Bend than Snowflakes on Bachelor. Jesus H. WTF. SOB...
    Boot top day.

Name:	20220513_102952.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	519.7 KB 
ID:	416267
    Groomers,yes please.
    Name:  20220513_115451.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  88.2 KB
    Ridiculously good skiing for mid May and 10,000 of your closes friends.

Pole, Peddle, Paddle on Saturday. Looks like a wet and soggy fun fest for those who enjoy that sort of thing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

The bike leg will be brutal.
    How many Outdoorsman here have participated in the PPP.

I did back in 2002 or so

Did you go Solo or a leg of the race? I've done 2 times. The Alpine leg was crazy. Goodtimes.

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

I took the short running leg on Mirror Pond to the finish — it was 6mos post op on an ankle surgery…my friends were just trying to include me, lol

Damn Marine. Lace that boot up tight. 😉
    First time was 1976,did the run too.
    2nd time was with my daughters team. She was 24 at the time & I was 40ish. Skied against her age competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Lots of campgrounds at mountain lakes around there (Trillium, Clear, Timothy, Frog). Trillium is the closest, but will be the most crowded. But everything will be crowded that weekend. If you are self contained, you can camp anywhere on the National Forest unless it says you can't. Mt Hood Meadows will be closed but the parking lot there (or Hood River Meadows parking lot) could be a sleeper pick to avoid the masses, and relatively quick drive back to Timberline. Use trailforks to figure out what trails you can and can't bike on (can't bike on the Pacific Crest Trail). Little Crater Lake (crystal clear and ice cold spring lake) and Timothy Lake area is a bit far from Timberline, but one of my favorite spots up there. Bring bug spray.

https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/index.html
    OK, so I booked a site at Still Creek Campground for the night of July 5th and a site at Trillium Campground for the night of July 6. We are meeting my brother in law at Trinity Alps in the Mt. Shasta area on the 7th.

Having to switch campgrounds is a bit of a bummer but pickings were slim. We are keeping things light as the drive is epic (we are 13 hours north of Vancouver) and tenting. I figure we ski July 6th and 7th. I'm hoping one day will be skiing with the kiddos and one day I can f*ck off and maybe sneak in a tour. Can you just tour from the Timberline Lot? Where do people tour at that time of year on Mt. Hood? If touring is out I'll do two days at hill.

I will have my doggo with me. Is that going to be an issue?

If any of this is seriously misguided, I would appreciate someone pointing it out. Afternoon activities ???

Thx for the previous replies

You can tour up directly from the Tline lot…if you’re skilled & ambitious & timing/weather aligns you could even ski off the summit. Just remember on the descent that the lodge isn’t in the fall line, but skiers left

Having to switch campgrounds is a bit of a bummer but pickings were slim.
    Haven't used it yet myself, but campflare.com lets you enter your campground, dates you want to stay there, and then it runs bots and emails you when a space becomes available due to a cancellation. Washington State Parks' reservation system has this feature built in, but the federal government and recreation.gov is inept.

There are a few places that have first-come, first-serve camp spots in the area as well, so might be worth a lap through one or two of those before you settle in on the first night. You could catch some people leaving after the 4th.

Afternoon activities ???
    You bringing mountain bikes? The Barlow Road section of the Oregon Trail runs near both Still Creek and Trillium campgrounds. Combo of singletrack and double track. If nothing else it’s an interesting bit of OR history.

ETA - The Timberline/Crosstown trails from the lodge down to Govy is fun as well

Nice skin/ski at Mt Hood Meadows yesterday. Had nice views in drive in, but clouds rolled in at about resort top when we started.

Bachelor was a little damp :-) this morning, but managed to find some fun turns. I only lasted a few hours. $5 shower felt good, cool they have those. Back at camp drying out gear and drinking OR beers. Hopefully some spring conditions next couple days.
    Last edited by 406; 05-14-2022 at 04:02 PM.