Page 25 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Yes sir.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    You still have the same black truck with a camper? I still have the same blue Subie, in fact there were 3 of us in identical models & colors 3 cars apart

add-I must have your truck and ::: ::: mixed up
    Last edited by k2skier112; 01-10-2022 at 11:46 AM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    You still have the same black truck with a camper? I still have the same blue Subie, in fact there were 3 of us in identical models & colors 3 cars apart
    Red truck.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Red truck.

Matti,
    Where are you parking the rig these days? Would love to roll through and provide some libations, as well as hook up and do some skiing since we're up there.
    Training for Alpental

They're forcing all of us over 21ft to park in HRM. Would love to see you. Missions to the mountain and full send triple backie sessions are limited post back surgery, FYI.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220110_101852.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	337.6 KB 
ID:	400588
    White Room@Bachelor
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

^^^Looks like fun

Quote Originally Posted by jonesy View Post

Name:	20220110_101852.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	337.6 KB 
ID:	400588
    White Room@Bachelor
    I think you just overexposed your shot. What you need to do is increase your f stop, while dropping your shutter speed. Either that or your ran into a snowbank when you took the shot.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Name:	depositphotos_272884092-stock-photo-young-blind-person-with-long.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	400612

reach downhill & plant the pole

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    I think you just overexposed your shot. What you need to do is increase your f stop, while dropping your shutter speed. Either that or your ran into a snowbank when you took the shot.
    He claims it’s fog. In reality, this is the last frame recorded by his GoPro when he face planted.
    At least the orientation is OK

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    He claims it’s fog. In reality, this is the last frame recorded by his GoPro when he face planted.
    At least the orientation is OK
    Truth be know.....I was having a Face Plant in the Rock bar when I overexposed the photo.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Fixed it

Name:	IMG_7101.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	400641

Name:  1_0NRrrfg3_9T9ePXF8KO-mQ.jpeg
Views: 420
Size:  92.2 KB

The little snowcat that could - 0850 this AM

Name:	7B4C94FA-14AB-45CC-9EC1-9E95B9EB18E6.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	400744

Nice carving snow today with minimal crowds

Chair ride with patrol yielded the following
    - Summit expected to open Thursday - just in time for the “wintry mix”. They got Bev Hills groomed today, Wanoga and Healy planned for tonight & Wednesday. Off the groom one will find 3” rain crust.

- Goal is to spin Sky again starting Saturday. No doubt they want it running for MLK weekend, since “it really ties the resort together”

Reason number 132 why I no longer ski at Meadows:

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/loc...2-311613722dd3

Quote Originally Posted by CnRzG View Post

Snicker, everyone in the left lane is going to Tline

It's not that bad, just have to know how to get there on time. It has been a pain the las few years leaving early for sure, but not bad enough to be forced into a Fusion pass

Unless there's an accident it takes me an average of 2:20 min going up 26 on a snow packed weekend. Dry roads in the spring it's 1:40

This is nothing compared to WA areas, or CA, or CO...

So, you like to leave Portland at 8:30 on a weekend to go skiing? Do you golf? It's harder and harder to get a tee time because of the pandemic. First world problems

I applaud MHM for limiting pass sales

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

Ski areas gotta do something about the ridiculous traffic (ie - demand for their product). 26/35 are unsafe with as many fools out there as last weekend.

every parking space in mt hood snoparks (ski area and non-ski area) was full last weekend, and that still didn’t stop people from parking along the side of the f*****cking road, and crossing/walking along it with their children.

Have you ever been to a sold out concert? There’s a reason they have a limited number of tickets… because it’s unsafe to sell 10,000 tickets when the venue can only support 5,000.

Maybe unpopular opinion, but I didn't hate the parking res system from Bachy last year. Super easy to get days, and could be used to places like MHM that are a complete cluster. I don't know if it's possible to make them "bot" proof, though. I guess that'd be the main issue.

As someone who has zero bot access & mostly weekend time to ski , fuck that idea
    (Unless someone can hook me with my own bot)

But I still would drive early to avoid the day trippers and the less committed

I'm not saying I was using bots, the issue would be if people were and then fucked up the system. I think something similar happened with the NPS service reservations over the summer. Seems like a solvable problem tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    As someone who has zero bot access, fuck that idea

Not accusing you

It def happened here when Tline opened late season to people with tix already in hand but unused

Slots were gone in under 2mins

They ended up dropping the rez system after tons of complaints.

Oooh, that's lame, was not aware of that.

As I eat breakfast and watch the groomers on Healy, my news feed served me an article about best small ski areas with no crowds
    https://www.mensjournal.com/adventur...rts-no-crowds/

Hoodoo is #7
    They obviously have not been there on a weekend, nor read Chuck’s Page on their website…

The roads and parking might have been a shit show sunday but the lines at Meadows were minimal Sunday other than Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Ski areas gotta do something about the ridiculous traffic (ie - demand for their product). 26/35 are unsafe with as many fools out there as last weekend.

every parking space in mt hood snoparks (ski area and non-ski area) was full last weekend, and that still didn’t stop people from parking along the side of the f*****cking road, and crossing/walking along it with their children.

Have you ever been to a sold out concert? There’s a reason they have a limited number of tickets… because it’s unsafe to sell 10,000 tickets when the venue can only support 5,000.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Bigger/more parking lots, limited unlimited passes, and value /night passes are not the answer. Same shit, different story at Crystal. And Tflat wants to build a lodge/lot at the bottom of Molly's?

This year feels like a cash grab. Since there were no limits on pass sales and/or social distancing restraints, it feels like big hills are swinging the pendulum to the other side and making as much money as they can.

I'll be getting a Mountain Collective Pass/Pow Alliance/or Indy for next year's visits to Rocky Mountain favorites. Some of those places have no lift lines, even on weekends/holidays. It's the antidote to the 26/35 clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    As I eat breakfast and watch the groomers on Healy, my news feed served me an article about best small ski areas with no crowds
    https://www.mensjournal.com/adventur...rts-no-crowds/

Hoodoo is #7

They obviously have not been there on a weekend, nor read Chuck’s Page on their website…
    White Pass sucks, don't go to White. Stay away. Nothing to ski there. Well, you west siders won't be able to get there for a little while longer.