Page 24 of 80 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Uh, no. Satus, Sherman, Loup Loup and Wacaunda all open

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Goldendale 97S to the stateline, nice view.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    I love moguls. Moguls are like boobs, the bigger the better til they’re too big.

Anyway, looks like there’s a possible turn in precip type that will make for slightly above mediocre skiing. See some of you there tomorrow?
    If my flight to TexASS is canceled, I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Every cloud has a silver lining… this pineapple express effectively de-iced all the lifts and with 6-7” expected on Friday with a sunny weekend on tap, the entire mountain will be open by this Saturday, Sunday at the latest. Mark it down! ;-)
    You were saying....

From the Bachelor website;

SNOW REPORTER'S UPDATE
    Thursday, January 6th 4:00 pm

Wrapping up on this sloshy Thursday, we go into the night with some hope and reprieve for tomorrow. Temps are expected to drop overnight, turning this misty rain into that of a more desired substance. Fingers crossed, we are expecting snowfall throughout the night tonight and all day through operating hours on Friday. Stronger Southwest winds will be a mainstay for the earlier part of the day but are anticipated to taper as we roll on. With the colder temps moving in and the rain from the recent storms solidifying, icing on lifts feels inevitable – making for possible delays on some of your favorites. Be sure to check back in the morning to see the latest updates. Thank you!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

My batting average is about 0.2 when it comes to predicting weather and Meadows’ operational status. For Bach? …eh, about 0.1 ;-)

.2 is a decent batting average

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    .2 is a decent batting average
    Not the girls I ran with.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Bonehead move of the day goes to yours truly. If anyone finds a pair of 125cm Black with red lettering L9 ski poles in the West Village parking lot, those would be mine. Drove off and left them to presumably either get run over by the lucky person who snagged my spot, or hopefully turned into lost and found.

Crowds were holiday level crazy. I guess this is the new normal with 10k more people living in the near vicinity.

Did get in a few runs on the wind buff. Decided not to wait for Outback to open and went and did some rehab and cardio by hiking the cone. Knee is healing up. Still need to take it easy and right turns are not my best friend yet.

It was nice to finally break out the dark lens goggles and see what I have been skiing.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Bonehead move of the day goes to yours truly. If anyone finds a pair of 125cm Black with red lettering L9 ski poles in the West Village parking lot, those would be mine. Drove off and left them to presumably either get run over by the lucky person who snagged my spot, or hopefully turned into lost and found.

Crowds were holiday level crazy. I guess this is the new normal with 10k more people living in the near vicinity.

Did get in a few runs on the wind buff. Decided not to wait for Outback to open and went and did some rehab and cardio by hiking the cone. Knee is healing up. Still need to take it easy and right turns are not my best friend yet.

It was nice to finally break out the dark lens goggles and see what I have been skiing.
    Nice to hear your knee is getting better.
    Sorry about the poles. We’ve all been there…
    Total bluebird zoo at the ‘Doo as well. Snow fairly soft for quite a while, esp if you stayed in the rough and avoided the death cookies.

Back tomorrow for my gig as OAS Sunday Spokesmodel. Stop by our tent and say hi if you join the mob scene here

What a great day.
    "Let's be careful out there."

We had a great first day. Hardly any lines on HRM. Got stuck in the Rhodi slowdown because we left 15-20 minutes late. Kicking myself for not going 84-35

Really, you were caught "off guard", by the first sunny (ish) Saturday after the Holidays when it wasn't nuking.

General CommentsGood morning! Everything's calm and quiet on the slopes right now as Mt. Hood takes a breather after yesterday's busy day. It's a hard job making so many people happy, but this volcano is up to it. With a forecast of clear sky and light wind all day, we're betting you're up for it too! We were a bit caught off guard by all the pent-up demand yesterday, but we see it coming today. Maybe the clear sky helps? We expect to park out. Consider coming up this afternoon instead of this morning - the groom is, and will be "exceptional" all day. We'd beg you to carpool, but asking that of you in the middle of the Omicron wave is too much. When we hit capacity, we kindly request you leave Teacup's parking for the gaggles of Nordic skiers. How shall we create slope-side space for all of you? The plan is to add Vista today. We have multiple teams at Cascade, but storm recovery from 20 feet of snow is a big job. It's unlikely, but know we're trying. We want it as badly as you do. Until then: patience and kindness are your friends. See you soon!

Oregon 2021-2022 Snow Flow Thread

Lol
    so…
    ”is Cascade open yet?”

Vista is!
    Name:  vista.png
Views: 456
Size:  411.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Vista is!
    That is crazy.

Rolled in to HRM early yesterday for a tour and then some turns on the chairs. When I exited around 11 or so, folks were walking up the access road from teacup.

It was surprisingly busy yesterday. I don't remember the last time 26 was that slow going home at 1pm! Bam! Traffic stoke!

I saw you in the parking lot, I think K2, but I had someone behind me and was on my way out. Cool story, right?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Vista is!
    Breath deep and enjoy a healthful recreation

We had a great first day. Hardly any lines on HRM. Got stuck in the Rhodi slowdown because we left 15-20 minutes late. Kicking myself for not going 84-35

Really, you were caught "off guard", by the first sunny (ish) Saturday after the Holidays when it wasn't nuking.

General CommentsGood morning! Everything's calm and quiet on the slopes right now as Mt. Hood takes a breather after yesterday's busy day. It's a hard job making so many people happy, but this volcano is up to it. With a forecast of clear sky and light wind all day, we're betting you're up for it too! We were a bit caught off guard by all the pent-up demand yesterday, but we see it coming today. Maybe the clear sky helps? We expect to park out. Consider coming up this afternoon instead of this morning - the groom is, and will be "exceptional" all day. We'd beg you to carpool, but asking that of you in the middle of the Omicron wave is too much. When we hit capacity, we kindly request you leave Teacup's parking for the gaggles of Nordic skiers. How shall we create slope-side space for all of you? The plan is to add Vista today. We have multiple teams at Cascade, but storm recovery from 20 feet of snow is a big job. It's unlikely, but know we're trying. We want it as badly as you do. Until then: patience and kindness are your friends. See you soon!
    It's new normal!

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    It was surprisingly busy yesterday. I don't remember the last time 26 was that slow going home at 1pm! Bam! Traffic stoke!

I saw you in the parking lot, I think K2, but I had someone behind me and was on my way out. Cool story, right?

Pfft, amature… 35 to 84, 80 to 100 mph, don’t worry about tix, cops are on sabbatical.

Quote Originally Posted by boar2m View Post
    Pfft, amature… 35 to 84, 80 to 100 mph, don’t worry about tix, cops are on sabbatical.
    That's the usual game plan. After getting burned by several insanely slow Subarus last weekend on the 35, I thought I'd change things up. Big mistake.

Name:  271680260_4807067486006389_5344140350224351461_n.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  101.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    .... ski poles ....

odd,
    i FOUND a pair of 125cm
    black L9 poles in the middle of the road yesterday,

so meta!
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

That's the usual game plan. After getting burned by several insanely slow Subarus last weekend on the 35, I thought I'd change things up. Big mistake.

Happening every drive up now…

HRM lot? we were in the middle by the heather runout. Parked about 8:30. Left at 1:30 to avoid traffic

HRM lot? we were in the middle by the heather runout. Parked about 8:30. Left at 1:30 to avoid traffic
    Yes sir.